Sign in to follow this  
sixgun

rifle bedding

I used Bob White of the Shooter's Corner in Lake Hopatcong, and he did an outstanding job, but he is in North Jersey.

Correct a mondo!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob does do excellent work. Know him well.

But with the OP I believe there was a geographic issue.

And Mike at T1Defense does excellent work as well.

It looked to me that Tier 1 Defense isn't exactly south Jersey either, but closer than Bob. Bob is $25  cheaper, but I don't know whose lead time is greater. I recall only waiting 3 weeks for mine, but Bob indicated that his backlog of work shrinks and grows all of the time, and it is getting past winter and shooting season is fast approaching. I imagine that any shop that does good work has the same issue also. I have a real fear of shipping my fine firearms out for service, and personal delivery to a good local craftsman is definitely the way I prefer to get things done.

I second Tier One. Mike and the crew are very good and very professional. I am having work done by them currently and will post pics when it comes back. I may bed my rifle later in the "season" however it shoots well enough for me right now. We'll see how it is in a thousand rounds or so.

C

Tier ones stuff seems to be tailored to the tactical side, do they also work on hunting rifles? Ive got all the parts for a 30.06 and 243 just need someone to put them together how i want

Don't know for sure... But I would guess they would assemble one kick ass hunting rifle.

Tier ones stuff seems to be tailored to the tactical side, do they also work on hunting rifles? Ive got all the parts for a 30.06 and 243 just need someone to put them together how i want

I dont think it makes a difference; a bolt action gun is a bolt action gun...

Mike @ Tier One posts here under "T1 Defense".  Might want to try sending him a PM...

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/user/2515-t1defense/

Eric

Yea, doesn't matter if it's hunting or tactical. They're machined in the exact same way. It's just a difference in parts. Ie, hunting style stock vs a vertical tactical style stock. They all get bedded, chambered, threaded etc the same way.