panteramatt

Another ammo scare?

So my buddy went down to cabelas and said they were completely out of .223 and they said its been like that all week. Then he said prices went up elsewhere. Then he went to buy bulk ammo at another store that always sells it to us and they said only if u buy a rifle. SO, why the shortage? Not because of this armor piercing crap is it?

Dick's has American Eagle 62 grain 5.56 NATO for $49.98 for a box of 150 rounds. That's 30 cents a round before tax, normal pricing these days and they had plenty in stock!

The sale goes through next Saturday and started today. A limit of 2 per day applies.

Odd as I have stopped into the de cabelas several times this week and there was tons of various .223/5.56 in 20 rnd boxes some bulk pmc plastic/vinyl sealed packs ... I even saw the evil lap rounds.... I've found a lot of the employes there say random/incorrect things.... Like this week I heard someone asking an employee for pmags.... They responded "good luck finding them they're impossible to find...what with the impending ban and all we haven't had any on the shelves for a while".... And walked away... I told the person to walk 2 ailses over... There was 100+ probably between the shelf, end cap displays and a couple barrels with them in it... Lol....you have to kind of look at it like walmart of the outdoor world...as far as the employees go... Lol

Threads like this add to the panic. People don't seem to understand that.

100%, +1, Like

WAKE UP PEOPLE YOU ARE CREATING THE PANIC

This is much different than the .22 panic where you couldn't get anything but expensive match ammo, and sometimes not even that. A quick search finds tons of reasonably priced ammo in 20 round boxes or battle packs. Just not the xm193 on stripper clips in cans that I really want

100%, +1, Like

Absolutely nothing that happens on NJ Gunforums will have any affect on current ammo prices and availability. This is a little bigger than our little world, like every time before. There is no being "proactive," just denial or acceptance.

Obviously it won't be the last time, either.

100%, +1, Like

Give me a break! MY little thread on this small forum will NOT have a significant impact on the national ammo surplus seriously people. Plus, I wasnt adding to the scare whatsoever just wanted to be educated on why there was a small shortage so I came on here to maybe find an answer sorry for asking!

Good thing I read this thread! I just told ten friends, to tell ten friends, to tell ten friends. To go buy all the .223 & 5.56 they can find, before Obama bans it all, and the apocalypse comes! :lol:

Did you point them to your ammo auctions on Gun Broker? :D

Funny thing is it is threads like these that 'scare' people to go out and stock up on ammo. Then they tell their friends who tell their friends and it's a chain reaction. 

Think of the thousands of gun forums online, be it local, state, or national forums. You see these threads on every forum and numerous threads too. Then think of the chain reaction again.

Gun owners, especially forum gun owners, make ammo scares. Simple as that.

I'm not trying to be a dick at all. I'm just telling the truth.

Funny thing is it is threads like these that 'scare' people to go out and stock up on ammo. Then they tell their friends who tell their friends and it's a chain reaction. 

Think of the thousands of gun forums online, be it local, state, or national forums. You see these threads on every forum and numerous threads too. Then think of the chain reaction again.

Gun owners, especially forum gun owners, make ammo scares. Simple as that.

I'm not trying to be a dick at all. I'm just telling the truth.

What are you going to do about it?

There is nothing you can do about the national ammo supply or cost. The only thing you can control is your personal ammo supply and cost.

If NJGunforums shut down a month ago the ammo situation would be no different.

Give me a break! MY little thread on this small forum will NOT have a significant impact on the national ammo surplus seriously people. Plus, I wasnt adding to the scare whatsoever just wanted to be educated on why there was a small shortage so I came on here to maybe find an answer sorry for asking!

Matt seriously don't be so sensitive, if I thought it was your fault alone I would have said Matt you are causing a panic....but I didn't I said 'people' as-in the group.

Gun owners who panic whenever guns are mentioned on the national news and then run out and buy up all the ammo ARE creating the panic. Obama isn't taking all the 22 from Walmart shelves, panicky gun owners are. There was never any fear of .22LR being banned, but yet shelves were empty for months because gun owners create the panic. Your "little thread on this small forum" may not have a significant impact on national ammo surplus, but every similar thread on here, on AR-15.com, on /k/, on THR, and every firearm forum snowballs into panic buying.

I don't think Drez or myself are blaming ammo shortages, or panic buying on NJGF specifically. But all the members of firearm forums, who run out and buy ammo as soon as something happens are at fault.

Well if I create a panic so be it. I was smart enough to bulk up on ammo through the years I just had no idea why these idiots were going nuts again and thought I might have missed something big and didnt see anything mentioned on here. But as usual you ask a question on here and instead of getting a polite answer you get the typical NJ attitude!

Well if I create a panic so be it. I was smart enough to bulk up on ammo through the years I just had no idea why these idiots were going nuts again and thought I might have missed something big and didnt see anything mentioned on here. But as usual you ask a question on here and instead of getting a polite answer you get the typical NORTHERN NJ attitude!

Fixed it for ya!