Sign in to follow this  
Buckshot195

Looking for a S&W M&P 15-22 complete bolt assembly

As title says I am looking for a complete bolt assembly for a Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22. I don't really want to send the entire gun back to Smith as they won't sell the parts directly. I even tried having my FFL call to get the parts no dice. Anyone have one or know of where I can get one would be a big help.
Thanks

Yes the bolt is the problem.. Dropped it on concrete and bent the bottom of the bolt and rail. I would love to send just the bolt back but they want the ENTIRE GUN. Makes no sense to me there is no head space issue its a blow back design.

Just for your information - i recently had to send my 15-22 back to S&W and it was a thoroughly enjoyable and fair, fast , and friendly procedure.

Basically, on Thanksgiving I took my Dad out to our new family property down here and we walked the 30 acres and did a bunch of shooting, and I introduced him to my 15-22 - he loved it , really smiled while shooting.  Went back out on Black Friday and shot more - I must have really gunked up the gun.  I finished the day by deciding to shoot the magazine full of 25-rds of CCI Stingers I keep for emergency purposes, HD/PP/SHTF/etc. as they were a few years old and I figured I could shoot them and replace them.  Big mistake - the third round kaboomed the gun.  Supposedly the dirt from a few 100 rounds built up on the chamber area and/or bolt face, and as the Stinger has a higher OAL than most all .22LR, the fouling prevented the gun from going fully into battery, clearly unbeknownst to me, and the 3rd shot detonated out of battery and kaboom.

Smith and Wesson was great.  15 seconds into my explaining the problem to them on the phone, and he was emailing me a 2-Day-Overnight FedEx label.  They did require the entire rifle but that was fine with me as I wanted it all checked out anyway , and they replaced all the parts of the bolt and gave it a solid cleaning as well.  It was back to me within 2 weeks I believe.  And they sent me a free magazine, and no charge for any work or anything at all.

It might suck having to send it back to them but S&W is a great company to deal with.  I have called about my Shield guide rod problem and they send you a free one right away, they're a testament to firearms customer service.