diamondd817

Glock 43 (Single Stack 9mm?)

According to someone over at glocktalk(for whatever that is worth)..

Glock New Product Launch 3/20/15

Tune in to this GLOCKLive broadcast introducing GLOCK's new product for Spring 2015.

Broadcast will be at Noon EST and 6pm EST.

http://glock.yourbrandlive.com/c/new_product_2015/

I really would have loved one.

Then I bought a Smith and Wesson M&P Shield 9mm.

After carrying the Shield virtually every day, all day, for coming up on 8 months, I see little need of a Glock single-stack 9mm.

I was and to a certain extent still am a big Glock fan, but the Shield shoots *way nicer* than any Glock, there is nothing and I mean nothing Glock could do that would render their option nicer than the Shield.

I'll believe it when I see it. :)

Plus if it did ever come out, I would recommend waiting to purchase till Glock works out all the bugs.

Probably a good idea, I have a friend that bought a G42 when they first came out and he has sent it back to Glock twice already for problems.

That's not a bad point really ... I got my first self-purchased handgun in the first week of January 2010 - I got my FIPD and permit on that Friday afternoon, and went out that night.  I wanted a Glock 23 and I called Sportsman's Center first randomly (they were fairly local) and they had one - went right out to get it.

I didn't know that Glock Gen 4 was literally being released in a matter of weeks or a month or so, and I was so mad I wasn't getting the newest neatest one.  I loved my new Glock and the Gen 3 G23 is a fine, fine firearm, but I wished I had known about the Gen 4.  Well.... there were NUMEROUS problems with the early-adoption Gen 4's particularly in .40 S&W so, I sort of made out in that regard.  My G23 hasn't given me a speck of trouble in .40 nor 9mm w/ the LWD 40-9 bbl.

But again, as much as it'll be a huge marketing boon to Glock and fanbois etc. as soon as the single-stack 9mm is released, i say whatever - Shield baby.

While I do want one, I know better than to be the first guy to buy a new model gun.

I was and to a certain extent still am a big Glock fan, but the Shield shoots *way nicer* than any Glock, there is nothing and I mean nothing Glock could do that would render their option nicer than the Shield.

Without ever having fired a G43, how can you honestly say this? Seems very disingenuous.

After carrying the Shield virtually every day, all day, for coming up on 8 months, I see little need of a Glock single-stack 9mm.

I got 5 bucks that says you will buy one. I know I will, and probably 75% of shield owners will. If Glock does it right, I bet it will be the best selling single stack 9mm of all time. There will be a lot of used shield's, Nano's, LC9's, PM9's, etc, for sale cheap.

I got 5 bucks that says you will buy one. I know I will, and probably 75% of shield owners will. If Glock does it right, I bet it will be the best selling single stack 9mm of all time. There will be a lot of used shield's, Nano's, LC9's, PM9's, etc, for sale cheap.

I don't know if I will sell my PM9, but I agree with you.

I doubt it.. a lot of people actually like their Smith & Wesson's and new LC9's. They are all reliable, work fine and they are cheap. Not sure why you would change just because of a brand name... I am sure some will but not everyone attends glock's band camp.

^^^^This.....times 1000

While I do want one, I know better than to be the first guy to buy a new model gun.

Without ever having fired a G43, how can you honestly say this? Seems very disingenuous.

What a word choice, disingenuous.  That is defined as "not candid or sincere, typically by pretending that one knows less about something than one really does."

We will assume for a minute you meant to infer that I am pretending to know *MORE* about something than I really do?  You should know by now that I only discuss that which I am able to discuss intelligently.  Another definition is "lacking in frankness , candor, or sincerity. "   I will attempt to be frank and candor when I explain to you sincerely that I am smarter than you -- that is as sincerely frank and candor as I can be.  You should have realized that a long time ago.

Now about your accusations and the Glock 43, allow us to consider your supposition in a fairly learned context.  It is generally accepted that the Glock Safe-Action trigger system is the same for every pistol , in all calibers and sizes, that Glock produces.  One new-in-box Glock pistol has a trigger very very much like another new-in-box Glock pistol's trigger.  But, in this particular case, the closest comparison we can make to the 43 ,  due to the fact it is not yet in existence and if so is not readily nor commercially available for comparison and comment, is the Glock 42 (a single-stack, subcompact/slimline pistol in .380 rather than 9mm) --  There is anecdotal evidence across the internet gun forum community that Glock may have even INCREASED the trigger weight and pull resistance on the Glock 42 to increase the "safety factor" of a small pistol designed for CCW that would inevitably wind up in people's pockets, womens handbags, etc. The Glock 42 has not been a shining example of a sweet, finely-tuned factory trigger.  So continuing with the idea that The Glock Safe-Action Trigger is basically the same, if you have fired a Glock and or have extensive experience with shooting Glocks, you know the trigger system and the way it feels to shoot.  As I have explained to you privately when you challenged me previously, I have been shooting Glocks before you and just about everyone on this forum, as my Father's police department was one of the first to select Glock as their revolver replacement in the 1980s and I was shooting his brand new, among-the-first-in-country Glock 19 Gen 2s when I was 8 years old. Before I was a teenager I was able to shoot a Glock 19 9mm and Glock 23 .40 S&W side by side to see how caliber differences affected recoil and aim/accuracy.  Again, as I explained to you privately, I learned how to field strip a Glock blindfolded at the kitchen table when I was 8.  I have literally been shooting Glocks for most of my life, and while I am not an EXPERT, I am certainly able to discuss them in an informed, rationale manner.  I therefore can say with some degree of certainty I know what a Glock trigger feels like to shoot.  Perhaps not the Glock 43, as-yet-nonexistent as it presently is, but I am far from "disingenuous" when it comes to Glocks.

Let us now move to the comparison I made, which was the Smith and Wesson M&P Shield.  It is quite possible you yourself have no experience with this pistol, but I am willing to bet that regardless of the truth, you will say you have extensive experience and know them inside and out, which is fine.  Either way is okay because the M&P Shield is universally loved and gets glowing reviews across the entire internet firearms community, anyone with 5 minutes on their hands can go confirm this.  If you also followed Smith and Wesson with interest (as I always tried to, as my father's first duty weapon was a Model 10 and his Detective's/plainclothes weapon was a Model 36, both of which I consider to be treasured heirlooms of my family history), you would therefore be secure in the knowledge that Smith and Wesson had for years been fielding comments, complaints, and concerns from M&P Customers that they wanted a new trigger system, an upgraded stock trigger that would arrive out of the box from the factory feeling great and shooting great.  Many felt that this is where Smith and Wesson could set their M&P lineup head-and-shoulders above Glock for the consumer market - the trigger.  Smith and Wesson spent a lot of time and research and money on this and decided in 2011 I believe that the first pistols to employ this new trigger would be the M&P Shield, their new concealed-carry offering which is one of the absolutely best regarded concealed carry firearms on the market.  The Shield has a great, great stock trigger that feels so much better and easier to shoot than a stock Glock, which not only features the bladed trigger-safety protruding from the trigger, but on Compact and Subcompact (imported) models comes with a serrated trigger (which qualifies as a "Target/Match" trigger, thus bumping said pistols over the importation-criteria point level).  While I have plenty of love for Glock and have shot plenty of rounds through both my 9mm and .40 S&W Glocks, to safe that the bladed, serrated trigger (which comes stock from the factory, as was the genesis of this discussion) is REMOTELY as nice as the M&P Shield's is absolutely ridiculous and very difficult for me believe could be justified in a fair comparison.

I realize you do not like me, I have gone out of my way to ignore your comments and repeated digs and tried not to respond, but at some point you should realize I'm not intimidated by incorrectly-applied adjectives

I will agree that Glock will be the biggest selling single stack 9mm. But as I wrote above, if I was in the single stack market, I would wait a year before buying this Glock. Early adopters will always get screwed.

What's this like an Apple event. Hopefully one more thing is the single stack 9. I need to get the Glock 40 as well. Love my 20 and a long slide version 10mm will be fun but I'm out of blasted permits.