diamondd817

Glock 43 (Single Stack 9mm?)

Just for the information of some who may care - I carried the Shield 9mm in my pocket for 1 full month and it was never a problem, and regularly when I would set out to go to my property or for a John Deere Gator ride etc (you can ride for miles and hours in my area) , I'd be asked, "Did you remember to take a gun???" or "aren't you going to carry if we're going out there??!" when I already had it in my pocket - so it obviously wasn't noticeable in any real way.

I simply picked up a Blackhawk Inside-the-Pocket holster from Walmart for $10.97 - it specifics being sized for "Glock 26/27, Kahr PM9, and most SubCompact 9/.40s" - it worked perfectly.  And to add to the details here, I bought my Shield on the first of August I believe, last year.  When I arrived in Florida the first of April last year, it went to 88-90 degrees that day, and didn't dip below the 80s until October and 70s until November.  So from April 1st - November/December, literally every single day I was in shorts and either a t-shirt or collared/Polo shirt.  Generally I wear LA Police Gear cargo shorts 4 days out of the week, with the other 3 some form of nicer shorts.  I would carry the Shield in my right front pocket in the pocket holster and I was fine.  Now the only issue was, I have a place for everything and everything goes in it's place as far as my pants/pockets and everything I carry everyday.  Normally my right front pocket is reserved so for the month of August (during the pocket carry time) I had to do some revamping of my style and EDC method.  By September I was ready to buy a quality, fairly premium holster for every-day-carry and I gave up pocket carrying.  Furthermore , I am only 5'8" and I weigh about 145lbs. now, with 5-10 lb. of winter weight / laziness on me.  I am not going to be confused for a big guy, not even average.  So if *I* can pocket carry the Shield, just about anyone can.  Is it ideal, or the recommended/primary method?  No, and I would not and am not suggesting that.  Simply that it can be done, can be done with a high degree of proficiency, and is not at all prohibitive nor terribly difficult.

I say this all because I feel that the G43 would fall in basically the exact same category and situation; hopefully, this helps someone in their choices and methodology.  

My EDC is a Glock 27. Has been for about 85% of the time for the past 18 years. IMO, it is the near perfect EDC gun.

I have a Kahr PM9 for those times when the G27 is just too big to carry.

I have a Glock 43 blue label on order. Size means not too much to me because I very rarely pocket carry the PM9. Normally it is IWB.

From what I can see, the G43 is midway between the G27 and the PM9. 

So has anyone found a place that has magazines, mag pouches and holsters available and in-stock for the G43?

One of my distributors has 143 mags in stock. Maybe a Shield holster will work.

I see at least a 150 for sale on gunbroker. People have been taking delivery of them already, and all the repots/reviews are coming in positive. I'm definitely in the market for one.

I see at least a 150 for sale on gunbroker. People have been taking delivery of them already, and all the repots/reviews are coming in positive. I'm definitely in the market for one.

I'd wait at least 6-12 months before buying one...remember the G4 rollout had recoil spring issues. Let the early adopters deal with the kinks ;)

Here is today's  Hickok45 37 minute video of the G43 in action.  Love how he hit the far gong on the first shot with this little gun!

We all may have different ideas on what we like in pocket guns.

But I think we all can agree on one thing. Kickok45 can really shoot!!

We all may have different ideas on what we like in pocket guns.

But I think we all can agree on one thing. Kickok45 can really shoot!!

I would love to have his backyard!

An ammunition sponsorship would be pretty cool too!

I got a chance to shoot one last week while qualifying a guy with his as he had just picked it up. He had one mag with the flat base and the other with the extended pinkey base. Shot very good and even with the flat mag you could still obtain a satisfactory grip. I like my P938 as I am use to 1911's but this was a good option for a carry or back up gun. Was not much bigger than the G42 that this guy would routinely qualify with. I imagine this will be a big seller for glock.

I have one backordered at 3 different distributors...

Don't know if it is still there but there was one in the glass case at RTSP on saturday that is up for grabs.  You might want to call them.