tmpnj

ATF "Green Tip" Ban

THey backtracked... I think they realized it was a can of woopass.. they are not ruling at this time...

With this administration thats a win

No, they didn't. They are saying they need more time to respond to zillions of comments.

Just like with their new requirement for police to sign off on corporation and trust Forms 1 and 4 for NFA items (which will come out by Spring).

Comments are not votes. We don't get to vote, they don't need permission, nobody approves their decision. They made it clear in their Feb 16 announcement that they made their decision. They are complaining that they have a zillion comments opposing the ban (which they don't care the slightest bit about) and it is making it time consuming to tease out relevant comments about implementing the ban.

Use this time wisely.

Why must you put down the board members?

It's not the board members that are stupid people, it is Fox News et al.

You didn't quote the rest of my statement, which is to read the actual text of the ATF statement. We are getting news from people that believe in 30 caliber half second clips and anti-airline AIR-15s. AKA "journalists." They have ZERO concern in their accuracy of reporting on firearm issues. Their only concern is that any firearms news gets ratings and page hits.

There will also be no retractions. Because they don't care.

No, they didn't. They are saying they need more time to respond to zillions of comments.

Just like with their new requirement for police to sign off on corporation and trust Forms 1 and 4 for NFA items (which will come out by Spring).

Comments are not votes. We don't get to vote, they don't need permission, nobody approves their decision. They made it clear in their Feb 16 announcement that they made their decision. They are complaining that they have a zillion comments opposing the ban (which they don't care the slightest bit about) and it is making it time consuming to tease out relevant comments about implementing the ban.

Use this time wisely.

This administration does not wait for comments... It was the pressure of the public and law makers that caused them to "wait".

With the way people feel about the ATF and Obama as it is, I don't think some people need much more to legitimize drastic action in their own minds. Not saying I condone it, but it's not far off.

This administration does not wait for comments... It was the pressure of the public and law makers that caused them to "wait".

So the ATF did not wait to process comments when they proposed requiring police signature for corps/trusts for NFA items?

Of course they did.

What did you think was going to happen? ATF was going to close accepting comments at midnight 3/15/2015 and then implement the ruling at 00:01 3/16/2015?

You sound like this is your first rodeo and you don't understand regulatory procedures, even though the ATF is sort of faking it this time.

It's not the board members that are stupid sources of news, it is Fox News et al.

You didn't quote the rest of my statement, which is to read the actual text of the ATF statement.

2aj5l00.jpg

Hey, pal, I said this:

Read what they wrote instead of what some dumb media person

And you accuse me of putting down board members. Stop throwing your hands up and give me an apology. Doubling down on insulting someone trying to do a good thing is not honorable.

I think I was wrong.

There have been a lot of false alarms lately but I think something is happening. At a minimum, ATF is trying to shake the stink off, and it sounds like they have been caught not following the APA with their pants down. I think that is the crux of the matter.

I would like to dream I have some responsibility for that, having preached and informed it quite a bit and getting feedback on it. But it's just a dream. I will try to meet my rep(s) soon and thank them for their work. Our districts are confusing and sometimes I bring friends or unintentionally misrepresent myself as a constituent :D Hey, they all make my laws and spend my money. I also try to bring friends so that widens constituency. I've never met Toomey (US Senate) and I doubt I will drop by his office since it is South Side. He signed the letter at least. But, if I do, I will drop by Casey as well. Last time I was at his Allentown office it appeared he had two Dominican students fucking in his office and nobody manning the locked glass door to his 300 square foot district location.

Hey, pal, I said this:

And you accuse me of putting down board members. Stop throwing your hands up and give me an apology. Doubling down on insulting someone trying to do a good thing is not honorable.

Pft!  I'll apologize for this thread right after you do for this one:  http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/75594-senator-bob-menendez-federal-corruption-charges-to-be-levied/?p=958066

In-fighting is no way for us to work together.

Pft!  I'll apologize for this thread right after you do for this one:  http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/75594-senator-bob-menendez-federal-corruption-charges-to-be-levied/?p=958066

In-fighting is no way for us to work together.

You are the only one fighting in this thread. I didn't criticize anyone here.

If you have a problem in that 1A thread, get over there and tell me what it is instead of vaguely whining. I will respond. I have no idea what you are talking about in that thread so go over there and speak your mind.

There is no shortage.  How can there be a shortage of surplus?

Because ammo wholesalers and suppliers are holding back supply to drive up demand and price. They know people idiots will panic and buy at a higher price.

Here is the advisory. Read it and interpret for yourselves. To me it reads 'we're waiting, and later we'll take another run at it'.

http://www.atf.gov/press/releases/2015-03-021015-advisory-notice-those-commenting-armor-piercing-ammunition-exemption-framework.html