Sign in to follow this  
ogfarmer

SENATE, No. 2785 Requires background check for all rifle and shotgun purchases.

Loretta Weinberg.  80 year old from Teaneck feeding at the public trough since 1992.  Probably still there since she lost 1.3 million in the Bernie Madoff deal.  We need term limits now!  Professional politicians breed contempt for the public at large.  Just looking out for their own interests and agenda.

It's still important that they hear from people, or one day the Rs will vote for it too.

What if you wake up in 22 months and you have a lot more Rs in office than you have ever seen? I'm not proposing a double majority, but perhaps a difference maker.

It's been a national trend for a while now. I know it's hard, but keep the faith and keep fighting.

What if you wake up in 22 months and you have a lot more Rs in office than you have ever seen? I'm not proposing a double majority, but perhaps a difference maker.

It's been a national trend for a while now. I know it's hard, but keep the faith and keep fighting.

it can happen......but it'd take a LOT of us to get a lot of people to wake up and get their asses out to the booths. that's the part that always seems to be the holdup. waking people up.

It's a funny thought to think that my district is broken up between Federal and State districts. They've voted Dem for almost 50 years I think  for our Congressman, even after two scandals from Andrews, they still voted for him. Then they ran Norcross, probably the most corrupt, connected family in NJ, and still gave that scumbag about 60% of the vote. Somehow both of our reps on the state side are Republican though, even if I know that they district is broken down differently for those districts. I haven't been too involved with these issues in the past (typical blind ignorance until I started purchasing my own guns), but I can reach out to my reps from District 8 if there is a benefit.

it can happen......but it'd take a LOT of us to get a lot of people to wake up and get their asses out to the booths. that's the part that always seems to be the holdup. waking people up.

Not impossible, but it would take a lot, considering that there are 700,000 more D's than R's in NJ.  And the general populace either favors more

gun control, believing the politicians that it will make them safer; or are apathetic and willing to go along with it.

Not impossible, but it would take a lot, considering that there are 700,000 more D's than R's in NJ.  And the general populace either favors more

gun control, believing the politicians that it will make them safer; or are apathetic and willing to go along with it.

the way to beat their numbers, is to get our guys mobilized, while they don't do much more than the norm, since there's never really any resistance to them anyway.

It's a funny thought to think that my district is broken up between Federal and State districts. They've voted Dem for almost 50 years I think  for our Congressman, even after two scandals from Andrews, they still voted for him. Then they ran Norcross, probably the most corrupt, connected family in NJ, and still gave that scumbag about 60% of the vote. Somehow both of our reps on the state side are Republican though, even if I know that they district is broken down differently for those districts. I haven't been too involved with these issues in the past (typical blind ignorance until I started purchasing my own guns), but I can reach out to my reps from District 8 if there is a benefit.

That's the problem. Most Republicans and Independents have morals and principals. They won't generally vote for corrupt candidates whereas most Democrats have no principals and poor character and will vote for any low-life scumbag, no matter how corrupt as long as they have a D after their name and they promise them free stuff.

That's the problem. Most Republicans and Independents have morals and principals. They won't generally vote for corrupt candidates whereas most Democrats have no principals and poor character and will vote for any low-life scumbag, no matter how corrupt as long as they have a D after their name and they promise them free stuff.

Jersey is in sad shape with few gun rights advocates in the legislature and few Republicans (comparatively). The good news is that both gun rights and Republican legislatures and governors are the trend nationwide at the state level.

If you are working on getting or influencing pro-2A candidates on one hand, make sure the other hand is whoring itself to the Republican party. You're going to need Rs in there to get things done, regardless of what they believe or how slimy they are. That really is the key when the opportunity presents itself.

Regarding Pro-2A dems: They are OK but they have to be the real deal. Most of them are full of crap and will turn gun banner at the drop of a hat. I've seen it too many times. But if you have a real one, that is fine. A bad Republican is still a vote sometimes, a turned Dem is always an enemy.

That's a ridiculous over generalization. Leaving aside that a statement like that just entrenches the us vs them mentality, the republican party machine sends just as much corrupt assholes up the political tree as anyone else?

Do you want a list?  Heck start with the current congressional "leadership" and try keeping a straight face while you tell us again how republicans won't vote for corrupt politicians. Explain to me Boehner, McConnell, McCain, even our dear governor.

There is no doubt that the democrat party is the party of gun control, and as such we need to target their silliness, but lets not white wash the republicans as heroes. Everyone seems to forget the gun control crap that Regan and Bush Sr signed somehow.

That's a ridiculous over generalization. Leaving aside that a statement like that just entrenches the us vs them mentality, the republican party machine sends just as much corrupt assholes up the political tree as anyone else?

Do you want a list?  Heck start with the current congressional "leadership" and try keeping a straight face while you tell us again how republicans won't vote for corrupt politicians. Explain to me Boehner, McConnell, McCain, even our dear governor.

There is no doubt that the democrat party is the party of gun control, and as such we need to target their silliness, but lets not white wash the republicans as heroes. Everyone seems to forget the gun control crap that Regan and Bush Sr signed somehow.

Never said the republicans were heroes. I've been an independent for years because they all suck.

I did say most, not all. If it wasn't for the low/no information voter who generally votes for anyone with a "d" after there name, the Democratic Party would've died a long time ago.

Guess who's coming to town?    http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/03/former_congresswoman_gabby_giffords_is_coming_to_n.html#incart_river

17278056-mmmain.jpg

Former Congresswoman Gabby Giffords ® and Americans for Responsible Solutions Executive

Director Hayley Zachary attend a news conference about background checks for gun purchases at

the Canon House Office Building on Capitol Hill March 4, 2015 in Washington, DC. (Getty Images)

This looks like a busy week in New Jersey as "responsible" people (I.E. Everytown, MAIG, spiritual leaders & MDA) come out of the woodwork to talk about "gunsense."

http://www.northjerseypublicpolicy.org/guns_safety_and_solutions

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/75532-action-alert-forum-on-gun-violence-in-hackensack-3192015/