Sign in to follow this  
AlexC

Mistyped date on my P2P

The ATF? Why would the ATF care about an NJ pistol permit date?

ATF could care less, only NJSP FIU would care about the P2P when they check the FFL records and see a permit dated 9 or so months ahead was used.

Just two people having a conversation. I bailed after it got bazaar.

Wonder how the ATF handles you guys in AZ...lot's of straw purchases and gun trafficking (so I hear) ;)

So out of curiosity (and kind of playing devil's advocate), lets say in June they drastically change the layout of the P2P, and for whatever reason it has additional info on there or something. By December, they've phased out all the P2P's that look like the OP's... would he still be good to go?

So out of curiosity (and kind of playing devil's advocate), lets say in June they drastically change the layout of the P2P, and for whatever reason it has additional info on there or something. By December, they've phased out all the P2P's that look like the OP's... would he still be good to go?

Good question, I know the format of NJ P2P just changed a little while back and I think it's now standard across the state.  

The permit was issued on a certain date. If the typo says it is a year from the actual issue date, and you use it based on that info and acquire a handgun 90 days beyond the actual issue date, then a whole lot of whoop ass is coming your way. Don't forget that the seller will send a copy to the issuing authority.