maintenanceguy

"Apply to be Denied" lunch Saturday March 28th

You all bring up good ideas. But I think the points to raise with an attorney, before our meeting, are:

* what would be the litigation value of 100 or 200 carry permit rejections?

* if substantial, then what is the likely legal pathway?

Obviously if we're told this is a stupid idea, or it's been tried, or for whatever reason 200 rejections isn't worth a damn, then it makes no sense to proceed.

We must also consider the second point. If Bach or Nappen tells us that it will take four appeals, nine years, $500,000, that none of the lower courts have ever entertained such a lawsuit, and the only place we can win is in the Supreme Court, then the only way I'm still in is if a big organization takes over and I can sit back and watch.

If Mr. Bach does not respond by Monday morning I will call one of the attorneys listed in the back of the ANJRPC newsletter. We're supposed to get some time with them for free, and most lawyers provide a free consultation. I'd rather have these questions answered, at least superficially, before the meeting. We can then worry about discussing strategy in depth and handing over $500 for an hour of someone's time.

I'd like to hear what an attorney has to say about the process of getting a case to court and what's required to have standing to sue.  But if one attorney says "it won't work", that might not be enough to discourage me.   Every single person who forced a state to become shall issue did something that couldn't be done.

And if it takes big money to get this done, I'm not worried.  Gun rights money seems to be flowing freely these days - a lot of people are p'd off and willing to throw money at something successful.  Once we have a significant number of people who all show up on the same day (or same week) and flaunt civil disobedience, we'll get attention and, if we do it right, funding. 

The NRA, SAF, and probably others fund projects that are already underway.   Private donors like the underdog who's standing up to tyranny.  We need to take a risk and do something or there's nothing  to donate toward except an idea. .

I'm in for the permit process but likely can't make the 28th because of work. I'm also in for cash if an attorney says there's a path to get something accomplished. Even if just PR and a warning to anti pols.

I suspect though, that a larger number than 200 denials might be needed. Word should get out to every FPID holder in the state.

Im in.  The only problem I see so far is that this is fragmented already.  There are too many links here.  Is anyone web savy enough to start an official page for this fight to concentrate everything in one spot? 

Ken

I think reaching a lot of interested firearm owners wont be that hard. One way is to make pamphlets and leave them at gun stores and ranges. With the contact website.

As I stated earlier, I will volunteer to print out the pamphlets at my own expense. I can then mail them to key people around the state for distribution to gun shops, ranges etc.

Sweet. JohnnyB. Thanks. I didnt see your post. As prior noted we need to consolidate this into one thread. Any problem with any of the moderators locking one of these threads. Anyone have a problem with that ?

The standupandfightnj is a great idea. We can talk about that at the meeting on the 28 th

Thanks for the invite. ...not much of a speaker but I can tell you what I did...when you ask for your conceal carry paper maybe you can say that your trying to get a job with an armored car company.......And yes you can not play fare all the time because they do not. Once you are denied by your police chief there will be information on form to appeal it. Just follow what it tells you to do...Another thing I did was join gfh range and I listen daily to the show because nappen and the guys give you everything you need to know about nj's gun laws. I also became a member of anjrcp were mr scott bach does alot for the 2a community. I also just to evan nappens gun law course but if you listen to the radio show's episodes you will get everything you need to know. And again as a member of Nj2as they had the Clasps going were they were up to about 35 or more members all agreed to file at the same time for the carry license. ....I no longer see the names listed on there website but I will give them a call to ask why they toke it down

Good luck guys....I will keep you informed. .....

I'll be attending. Will try to get there as close to start time as possible as I'll also be attending the SAPPA meeting earlier in the day. Look forward to meeting everyone.

Good.  Maybe you can give us all the 3-minute version of the SAPPA plan at the 1:00 meeting. I'm curious what they have to offer.

I'm RSVP'ing here. I'll likely be late because I have a CCD thing at my kid's church that until 1 and I'll be 45 minutes away. I'll try and skip out of that as soon as I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a reminder. Its 1:00 pm saturday. As in today. If you think nj should have carry permits issued to citizens. And have some input worthwhile or input at all. Show up. If not. I dont want to hear you bitch about it. If you want to meet me to tell me off Ill be there. Get some balls. And show up. See you then.

Just a reminder. Its 1:00 pm saturday. As in today. If you think nj should have carry permits issued to citizens. And have some input worthwhile or input at all. Show up. If not. I dont want to hear you bitch about it. If you want to meet me to tell me off Ill be there. Get some balls. And show up. See you then.

I cant make it but I'm with you in spirit

the wheels on the bus........................

Went round and round! A rep from NJ showed up half way into our meeting and promised all who attended, help with getting our carry permits as long as we drop our effort. This sucks for the cause

but great for us as we may be going to be packing heat very soon if be was telling the truth! He only identified himself as Mr. Elbillug. He said part of the deal was to not mention anything about his visit but I don't care because it's not fair to the rest here on NJGF and all citizens that should have this right!!!!!!!!!!!!

He asked how we all got together and we said through friends, we did NOT mention NJGF. So I am sure it's okay to discuss here.

Thank goodness I made it to the meeting!!!!!!!  May have payed off BIG TIME!!!!!!!!