maintenanceguy

"Apply to be Denied" lunch Saturday March 28th

Went round and round! A rep from NJ showed up half way into our meeting and promised all who attended, help with getting our carry permits as long as we drop our effort. This sucks for the cause

but great for us as we may be going to be packing heat very soon if be was telling the truth! He only identified himself as Mr. Elbillug. He said part of the deal was to not mention anything about his visit but I don't care because it's not fair to the rest here on NJGF and all citizens that should have this right!!!!!!!!!!!!

He asked how we all got together and we said through friends, we did NOT mention NJGF. So I am sure it's okay to discuss here.

Thank goodness I made it to the meeting!!!!!!!  May have payed off BIG TIME!!!!!!!!

Lmao!

Did he take down everyone's name so he could "help"? Keep in mind you need the local police chief and a judge to sign off. I doubt you all live in the same town so, that's a lot of people for him to contact and convince to approve the paperwork. He would have to have some serious clout.

Forgive me for being pessimistic. Good luck though.

Did he take down everyone's name so he could "help"? Keep in mind you need the local police chief and a judge to sign off. I doubt you all live in the same town so, that's a lot of people for him to contact and convince to approve the paperwork. He would have to have some serious clout.

Forgive me for being pessimistic. Good luck though.

Yes, Mr. Elbillug got us all!  You are right to be pessimistic! We told him we were not that gullible but he swore it was true!

Yes, Mr. Elbillug got us all!

Well, like I said, "Good Luck". Hope it works out. Keep us updated. If you guys get it we'll all know who to petition for help.

If he does actually help it will likely just be to keep the % of approvals up to back the states claim that a majority who apply get approved. But it's a start anyway and would set a precedent.

Mr gullible.. Lol mr elbillug

LOL it was fun while it lasted!  The meeting had 10 people show up. We had a good discussion

and came up with some questions to ask of a good NJ gun law attorney.

I will find one to will speak with and Newtonian is waiting to hear back from NJRPC. If we get some good

answers, we will follow through with this! Maintenanceguy has some good ideas and is really dedicated

to our cause so I nominate him "Great Leader" of our cause!

This should be doable if we can get enough people involved that are willing to go through the process!

LOL it was fun while it lasted!  The meeting had 10 people show up. We had a good discussion

I will find one to will speak with and Newtonian is waiting to hear back from NJRPC. If we get some good

answers, we will follow through with this! Maintenanceguy has some good ideas and is really dedicated

This should be doable if we can get enough people involved that are willing to go through the process!

If enough people make an issue of this someone will listen, keep it up! :)

how many people sent their letters to their reps again today?

justifiableneed.com  http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/75968-justifiableneedcom-citizens-protection-act/

Done! Please keep pushing ogfarmer. Your reminder got me off my butt and I just printed and signed them for district 5.

WP22,

You know him as well?  I never heard of him until today!  Carcano also seems to know of him!

I do damm guy parked his sled on my lawn and his deer shit all over the place this past December. He did say he knew who was naughty and nice and that you were on the nice list. So maybe he is telling the truth.

It was a great meeting.  We didn't make a lot of decisions - but it was our first meeting.  We did talk out a lot of different possible scenarios.  One of our attendees has already applied for permits and is waiting for an appeal hearing now, his input was very useful.  I was very impressed with how knowledgeable and intelligent the whole group was.  Everyone had valuable insight and I've been entrenched in 2A stuff for a long time and I learned things. 

Even though we don't have a final plan yet, the whole concept is much clearer to me now because of everyone's ideas.

Something else that makes me think this could be a success - there wasn't a single person with any attitude in the room.  That doesn't mean we didn't have different ideas but everyone was focused on the goal of getting carry in NJ and everyone was respectful and really supported each other.  Maybe that's easier when you're fighting the same fight. 

Even the location was good.  GolfBattery offered an historical one room schoolhouse for our meeting.  It was almost exactly at the geographic center of NJ so it was the most convenient place we could have hoped for.  We sat in folding chairs in a circle.  I don't think we could have had a better place to meet.  We had the place completely to ourselves, it cost us nothing, there was plenty of space.   I didn't get the privilege of using the outhouse privy but I understand it was pretty plush.

There's still a lot to do.  We're hoping to grow the group - we are hoping we can double our numbers in the next meeting - whenever we have that.

Maintenanceguy has some good ideas and is really dedicated to our cause so I nominate him "Great Leader" of our cause!

Thanks but I prefer "Dear Leader".   Truthfully, I think there were others at the meeting who were smarter (and younger) who would make better leaders.  I'm happy to help anyway I can but after meeting the group, I think "willing worker" is where I belong.

Maintenanceguy, how about Speaker of the House? I thought you did a terrific job leading the group. We all had great input and there was just great karma in the "schoolhouse". I'm looking forward to the 2nd meeting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really happy you guys accomplished something. Ten is a great number to start with. Two more and we can call ourselves The Twelve Disciples.

I look forward to some sort of summary, and to future meetings and above all progress.

I apologize for having my period when I learned I could not attend due to the time change and a previously scheduled engagement. I was psyched. Even my wife was happy, mainly because I'd be out of the house for 6 hours.

The dinner was fun but I was definitely in the lion's den. Had I worn as much as an NRA buttonhole pin last night I would have been the side dish for the souffle'. "Crispy Roasted Fresh Fat Guinea with Rosemary Emmentaler Souffle', au R.I.P. Angelo."