Sign in to follow this  
mintbore

Anyone know about the swap meet at CR?

they do it every yr. i missed last yrs but have gone to 3-4. just a fun informal bunch of guys with tables filling up the clubhouse. I've picked up/swapped a few goodies but typically not a lot of hi-end stuff but have seen pricy optics there.  there usually is some unusual  stuff you wont find at cabelas or dicks thats for sure. go to have fun, never know what you'll find.

I have been there.  Anything "special" or a "bargain" will be gone in 15 minutes of open and someone else will get it :).

It doesn't take long to look through everything so bring your guns and get some range time in.

The rules are supposed to change this year to jeep everyone with a table from scoring all the good stuff ahead of time.

Last year I was able to scores bricks if primers at a good price but one guy there was trying to move bricks of 22lr for $70. Don't know if he moved any.

It's always a crapshoot.

Come buy, look around, walk to the range.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

On a related note, are any CR members willing to do something like a swap & shoot meetup?  The idea being we can try out other people's guns that we've always wanted to try for a fee of a couple of bucks?

This came to me after going to RTSP to try out some of their 9mm selection; basically I paid $63 for an hour of shooting, putting 5rds each through ten guns I'd never shot before, which worked out to ~$6 per gun.  Despite the limited trigger time, I was able to weed out the guns I did terrible with and narrow my selection to three or four I did particularly well with, which are now on my list.

From my experience, most gun owners are more than willing to allow fellow enthusiasts to try out their toys, particularly if they're getting reimbursed to cover ammo costs.

If there's interest, we can flesh out rules  Like the gun should stay at the owner's port and be shot at the owner's target or at steel, and if you're shooting someone else's gun and supplying your own ammo, you must use factory ammo, etc (allowing this would be at owner's preference, presumably at a reduced "rental" fee).  Personally I reload, so I'd prefer if you used my reloads rather than factory ammo.