maintenanceguy

"Apply to be Denied" - where to meet?

updated on Sunday 3/22 @ 9:30

The meeting will be held on Saturday March 28th at 1:00pm. 
Note the Time Change from noon to 1:00.  There were several reasons for this already discussed in the forums. I'm planning to start promptly at 1:00.  If you can't make it by 1:00, there will still be plenty to discuss. Some have late afternoon plans so we're going to get started right away.

We are meeting at the historical Woosamonsa School House which does not have a mailing address.
set your GPS to either:

104 Woosamonsa Rd. or 83 Poor Farm Road

Pennington or Hopewell Township, NJ 08534
and look for this building:
Woosamona_School.jpg

There will be no lunch. 
Lunch was suggested when I thought we would be eating in a restaurant.  Golf battery has been kind enough to offer an actual meeting room and since the time has been moved to 1:00, we can get right to business at 1:00 without spending the time eating.

Parking is limited.
There is a small gravel lot.  I'm not sure how small. You can park alongside the road.

There is an Outhouse

Enjoy!

The Current Meeting Agenda is below.
If you would like anything added to the agenda, please Message me by Wednesday and I will add whatever you want discuss.

finally a big "thank you" to Golf battery for providing the meeting space.

Meeting Agenda

Restore our Right-To-Carry

Saturday, March 28th  1:00pm - sharp!

Woosamonsa School House

Housekeeping Items

• Find a volunteer to act as recording secretary  for this meeting.
    • No need to record who said what
    • Only need to write down:
      • Any action items and who will complete them.
      • The various lists we generate (questions for attorney, possible next  steps, etc)
      • Copy of parking lot (see note at bottom of post)
    • Secretary will provide minutes to everyone via email after the meeting.
  • Choose someone to record “parking lot” items on a flip chart – see note at end about the parking lot.
  • Pass a sign in sheet – names, usernames, towns, emails.  Everyone gets a copy of this list later so we can communicate with each other after the meeting.
  • How do we communicate later – create a facebook page, google groups, email?

Meeting Agenda

• “Apply to be Denied” – is it a viable plan that we can support?
    • Quick discussion – we’ve already discussed this ad nauseam online
    • Quick vote – pursue this or not? 
  • What’s the final goal?   - Start with the end in mind.
    • Sue the state?
    • Just prove that NJ really does deny rights?
    • Something else?
  • Questions for an attorney
    • Write down our list of questions.
  • How do we raise funds to hire an attorney?
  • Which attorney?
  • Possible next steps – collect everyone’s ideas for next steps.  We can’t decide on specifics until after we talk to an attorney but let’s brainstorm for a few minutes anyway.
  • Do we need to choose a leadership team?  Project managers?  -If so, Who?
  • Assign all “action items” to someone in the group and set completion dates.
  • Review the “Parking Lot”

What is a Parking Lot? - In meetings, keeping a list we call the "parking lot" is a fairly standard practice. I've done it a lot and it really helps to keep a meeting on task while making sure we don't miss anything important. As the discussion unfolds, we "park" items that come up that aren't on the agenda, but which we believe could be important someday soon. The parking lot should be visible to prevent duplication – a flip chart works.  For larger groups, someone should be assigned to record parking lot items.   These get reviewed at the end of the meeting.  Often, most of the parking lot items will already be settled by that point.

Original Message from 3/18  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread is in reference to the Saturday lunch thread found here.  I want to leave that thread for RSVPs and not clog it up with off topic stuff so I'm starting this new thread here. 

We have about 15 who are planning to attend so far and the number's growing.  I don't know how many will actually make it but it's a bigger group than I had planned.  I made the quick sketch below of everyone's reported location.  We have attendees at the extremes of the state. I'm the most southern so far!

The green circle is probably the most convenient are for all of us.  It means an hour and a half drive for a few of us but most are closer.

We need to pick a location to get together and I really don't know the area that well.  We talked about (or maybe it was just me) meeting at a diner.  I'm not sure that really gives us the best place or the time we need for a good discussion.  But I don't have any better ideas. 

What are your thoughts?  Where should we meet?

map-get-together.jpg

Anywhere within that circle is fine for me. 

Please see my last post in the original thread. We need to have a plan before the meeting, and an agenda for the meeting. Otherwise we will only be rehashing the stuff from this forum. We need to have some sort of legal input as well. We don't even know how this plan will play out, or if what we're contemplating is even feasible.

On the other hand meeting some of you characters might be fun. 

Anywhere within that circle is fine for me. 

Please see my last post in the original thread. We need to have a plan before the meeting, and an agenda for the meeting. Otherwise we will only be rehashing the stuff from this forum. We need to have some sort of legal input as well. We don't even know how this plan will play out, or if what we're contemplating is even feasible.

On the other hand meeting some of you characters might be fun. 

sounds to me as if you're volunteering to do those? :)

as mentioned, i cannot get off from work on saturday. thus, it doesn't really matter to me, although i'm in agreement with the guy that hates cities. i would just REALLY appreciate someone keeping me, and those of us that cannot get off from work informed as to the proceedings please.

Newtonian has pointed out that we need an agenda or we'll just spin our tires.

I've created another topic about this meeting where we can come up with an agenda here.

Hopefully the moderators will be kind and let us have 3 discussions running about this meeting at the same time. I just want to avoid the confusion of combining RSVPs, Where to Meet, and An Agenda discussion all on top of each other.

Suggestion for meeting place. I have access to an 1880s schoolhouse we could use. Has heat and an outhouse. It can fit maybe 50 people. Its right off of rte 31 in hopewell. 10 minutes off of 95 and about 10 minutes off of rte 202. Its northern mercer cty. Takes about 1 hr 10 to get from sjsc from here and about 1 hr to Newark airport. If that helps to put it in perspective.

Suggestion for meeting place. I have access to an 1880s schoolhouse we could use. Has heat and an outhouse. It can fit maybe 50 people. Its right off of rte 31 in hopewell. 10 minutes off of 95 and about 10 minutes off of rte 202. Its northern mercer cty. Takes about 1 hr 10 to get from sjsc from here and about 1 hr to Newark airport. If that helps to put it in perspective.

I like this suggestion.  Golf battery messaged me about this earlier.  Sounds like it's got folding tables and chairs but no running water.

• We won't have waiters trying to hurry us out so they can have the tables
  • we can spend whatever time it takes to get this done
  • we can spread out, move around, and get comfortable.
  • Instead of ordering meals, we could pick up a sandwich tray - which probably saves us all a few bucks.
  • I'm not scared of an outhouse
  • It seems like a good setting for a group of people staring a revolution.
  • and the cost is right.

No right here on woosamonsa. thats the old schoolhouse thats now a guitar shop your thinking of Marshall's corner schoolhouse. Go down woosamonsa. Where the road splits woosamonsa and poor farm rd. Its right at the split. Can't miss it. That's coming from rte 31. It's about 1.5 miles from quick check. Ps. Only rule there is. No smoking inside and no alcohol. We've used it to meet in private to discuss twsp issues.

I can't make it down there that far, but a suggestion. Find a food establishment where you know the owner(s) are 2A friendly... At that point, as long as you eat, he/she would be happy to service you and let you hang out.

Date. How about march 22nd or march 29 th at 5:00. 17:00. Or 13:00 or 14:00 or 15:00. What's the consensus.

I had suggested March 28th - just to pick something and get us started.  I know everyone who said "I'll be there" was basing it on that date.   But the specific date doesn't really matter to me.  I think the 22nd is too soon for everyone to shift plans.  The next weekend gives people time to plan.   I'll let the rest of the group decide what day.

I also like the schoolhouse.    Let's make it final if it's available.

Golf Battery:  If you're offer of the building is still good, I'd like to make it official.   Can you give us an address?

I had originally suggested we meet at noon for lunch.  At the time I was thinking we'd be meeting at a restaurant.  Now there's another meeting of another group planned for 10:00 the same morning.  Some said they wanted to attend both.  Someone said that they wanted to attend ours but worked in the morning.

Let's skip the lunch part and meet at 1:00pm.  I'll update the change in the original post.

At the schoolhouse (address pending) at 1:00pm on Saturday, March 28th.

The other guy is offering a pig in a poke, and his pronouncement came after ours. Why should we accommodate him? What if his meeting runs over and we don't start until 2 or 2:30? Which is entirely likely.

What if somebody from PETA decides to hold a hug-a-thon at 1:00?? Will we reschedule?

I have to get back to Newton to get dressed, and then head back to basically the same area for a formal dinner that night. Too much bullshit for me (and I don't even want to go to that dinner).

Count me out. 

What a f**k***g motherf*****g f**k-up. You guys can't tie your shoes and whistle Dixie at the same time.

Good luck.

P.S. Yeah, I'm good and pissed.

Thanks. It actually doesn't have an address. You can either use that address or 104 woosamonsa rd. Either way its right where the road splits. About 100 feet from either address. Please dont go to these peoples houses. Unless you know them. You can park anywhere infront of the schoolhouse or on the street if there's not enough parking.