The legal world moves at a snail's pace...

Depends.  In almost every state where gay marriage was put to a vote, the people rejected it.  Yet the courts quickly overturned the will of the public,

declaring it unconstitutional.  Now gay marriage is nearly universal (pending SCOTUS ruling on it, but I would bet they are not going to change anything).  (BTW, not saying that I'm for or against it, just pointing out the contrast with RKBA.)

So it appears that gay marriage is a more important right than the Constitutionally enunciated right to keep and bear arms.

what you forget is that the gay marriage proponents laid the legal groundwork starting back in the 1990s the quick rollover in the courts is just the final toppling of the dominoes. legal theorists left and right were talking about this as early as the Reagan administration!

my point here is grand gestures like the one in the SAPPA suit only work when all the other pieces are in place and even then, the actual toppling happens only when the last supporting structure is undermined... for gay marriage, this started with anti-discrimination cases, moved to contract law, then to the definition of marriage.  BTW, most folks are now waking up to the fact that the backers have a legal strategy with a goal far past gay marriage towards a removal of the legal concept of marriage as we know it (and largely the nuclear family). that is not conspiracy talk, it is being freely discussed in legal and political circles today.

The legal world moves at a snail's pace, most folks here don't want to admit this. Look at how the "other side" has worked for years on things like gun control, gay marriage, disability rights, polygamy, animal rights.

I agree with most of your post, but the "other side" isn't quite so monolithic. To a large extent, the camps supporting polygamy and gay marriage view each other as the "other side".

I would assume it has been filed since it is up on their website for everyone to see!

It was a closely held secret so as not to give them a head start on how to defend it!

i'm either being very stupid(possibly) or very blind(also possible) but i can't find any updates newer than march 28. can you link us please?

I agree with most of your post, but the "other side" isn't quite so monolithic. To a large extent, the camps supporting polygamy and gay marriage view each other as the "other side".

Do you know this for a fact? Can you document this statement? I believe they're natural allies.

To the left the issue of the day, the one you read about and see on the evening news, is never the actual goal. They're always looking 3-4 steps ahead. 

Funny how just a few years ago the loony left labeled marriage as slavery, and married parents as "breeders." Now suddenly they want not only to breed but to get married.

Their objective is to take over the vocabulary surrounding love, marriage, procreation, etc. and ultimately to destroy marriage. Thus more and more children will be born out of wedlock, to grow up in poverty and one way or another become wards of the state.

Do you know this for a fact? Can you document this statement? I believe they're natural allies.

I know of no liberal agenda backing polygamy, and with women making up a significantly larger percentage of the Democratic Party than the Republican, that isn't where you'd expect to find a support base anyway.

Support for polygamy is typically based on religious beliefs. The most outspoken in this country are the LDS sects practicing polygamy quite openly in a few western states, yet the Mormons are quite opposed to gay marriage, and threw 10's of millions of dollars behind opposition to prop 8 in California. Natural allies they are not. On a global scale, Islam is the major religion in which polygamy is commonly accepted. Are they supportive of gay marriage? Not so much.

I know of no liberal agenda backing polygamy, and with women making up a significantly larger percentage of the Democratic Party than the Republican, that isn't where you'd expect to find a support base anyway.

Support for polygamy is typically based on religious beliefs. The most outspoken in this country are the LDS sects practicing polygamy quite openly in a few western states, yet the Mormons are quite opposed to gay marriage, and threw 10's of millions of dollars behind opposition to prop 8 in California. Natural allies they are not. On a global scale, Islam is the major religion in which polygamy is commonly accepted. Are they supportive of gay marriage? Not so much.

Remember these words as this issue picks up steam over the next few years: If it's weird, sick, and destructive of established western institutions it's on the agenda of the ultra-loony left -- that font of insanity from which mere leftists and liberals drink to varying degrees. 

Why do you think there's such backlash these days on the left against Israel? Why do you think the culti-Islamists have become the latest darlings of campus commies? Certainly not because these pinkos love religion. It's because Islam is chipping away at our institutions. 

Any cause that brings about discord, whose end result is bad winning over good, is on the left's agenda. That is, by the way, why they're against guns. 

I suggest you haven't been paying attention. Start looking around. There were two articles this week on marriage related struggles that address these issues directly on nationalreview.com. Secondly, I give you pop culture exhibit A:  Shows like Sister Wives, that is standard battle-space preparation.  finally, look into the de facto legal recognition of Islamic-based polygamy by American Civil Courts. It has already been happening for years, remember, chip, chip, chip, then the edifice falls. As Newtonian states in the next response. This is all a part of a much bigger plan that is very well on its path.

Ask yourself a very simple question: Why do they go after fundamentalist Christians for beliefs that have no practical impact on the larger world, while excusing, encouraging and celebrating Islamic groups that spout retorhic that appears to be against the leftist agenda?

the primary proponents of polygamy in a true sexual context are the same folks pushing gay marriage, spend some time on youtube or politicial sites like moveon and look for postings and videologs of transgender, polyamory and gay marriage proponents, it will hurt eyes and your mind, but it will quickly disabuse of the idea that they are not natural allies.... they are the same people because it is "weird, sick and self-destructive and mostly anti-Western transgression"

Shows like "taboo" on TLC regularly run cases of this type of stuff. Sadly, the old circus sideshow titillation has become for a non-small part of our society, the goal.

BTW, this gets far a field of gun rights, but the point to make here in this context is that the 2A is a fundamental tenant of the Western/Anglo-Saxon moral and cultural mindset and the attacks against the west come in many fronts and must be battled on all of them.

Is SAPPA still alive, or has it been taken out to my private execution range, behind the palace, and...you know.

Was that lady sitting opposite us on the other half of the room during the NJ2AS meeting, involved with this organization? She seemed to know a good deal about this effort.

Was that lady sitting opposite us on the other half of the room during the NJ2AS meeting, involved with this organization? She seemed to know a good deal about this effort.

Yes, she writes some blogs for them, and she was at the SAPPA meeting on 3/28.

I'll root around a bit at TPATH and find out what's up.

kinda funny how it went silent so suddenly, ain't it?

As y'all know I was disappointed that the Apply to be Denied meeting was rescheduled because of SAPPA, which remains to me a pig in a poke. But there's still an outside chance that SAPPA will achieve something. Or that it will make SAPPAs out of all of us.

Kind of odd that the there's not even a post here (or on their site) saying they are working on it.  Some sort of acknowledgement that someone is on it, in some way, shape or form.  If the guy is ill, that would make sense that there's no word at this point.

Hopefully the issue isn't that they're nuts and on to the next ADHD inspired project.

Kind of odd that the there's not even a post here (or on their site) saying they are working on it.  Some sort of acknowledgement that someone is on it, in some way, shape or form.  If the guy is ill, that would make sense that there's no word at this point.

Hopefully the issue isn't that they're nuts and on to the next ADHD inspired project.

or that that meeting wasn't a deliberate distraction, considering the convenient timing.

The SAPPA folk supposedly have been on this project for several yrs and seemingly w/o anyone here knowing it. let them do their thing and stop jumping on them because they went quite for a few weeks, they've done ok on their own so far.

There's a link at the bottom of their website to contact them. Did you shoot them an email?

I did a little while ago.  Dwight usually replies to my emails.  I'll be sure to let you know what I find out.

And to those promoting conspiracy theories, the SAPPA meeting was scheduled way before our Apply to be Denied event.  I had heard of it a couple of months prior, and just assumed that others here had as well.  Apparently, my assumption was wrong, so I was glad to be able to help make the connection between SAPPA and NJGunforums.

There's a link at the bottom of their website to contact them. Did you shoot them an email?

i didn't, due to the simple fact that they came in here, messed with your guys meeting, and tooted their horn. if they want support from us, then it would behoove them to be forthcoming with updates. we shouldn't have to be asking for them.

or i could just be being a prick about it, i dunno.......

i didn't, due to the simple fact that they came in here, messed with your guys meeting, and tooted their horn. if they want support from us, then it would behoove them to be forthcoming with updates. we shouldn't have to be asking for them.

or i could just be being a prick about it, i dunno.......

Believe me bro I have short patients myself. I understand, this is Jersey after all. When it comes to 2A stuff we're all pretty passionate people. I'm going to give them another week. Then I'll forget about SAPPA.