Sign in to follow this  
Lalo

What division do these mods put me under...

The grip tape on the trigger guard and slide AND the light bump you up to open.

Nice rig, by the way.  

Thanks. Light gets removed for matches though. No grip on the slide, just the frame.

Thanks. Light gets removed for matches though. No grip on the slide, just the frame.

Correct, sorry.

Losing the light means no automatic bump to open, but the grip tape around the trigger and on the frame bumps you from production.  See appendix E4 from the USPSA rule book.  http://www.uspsa.org/document_library/rules/2014/Feb%202014%20Handgun%20Rules.pdf

So unless you remove the tape I believe you are still in open, and minor as Krdshrk points out.

Correct, sorry.

Losing the light means no automatic bump to open, but the grip tape around the trigger and on the frame bumps you from production.  See appendix E4 from the USPSA rule book.  http://www.uspsa.org/document_library/rules/2014/Feb%202014%20Handgun%20Rules.pdf

So unless you remove the tape I believe you are still in open, and minor as Krdshrk points out.

There's no grip tape restrictions in Limited/Limited10.  He could shoot those.

The trigger change automatically bumped him out of Production.

There is no change in trigger, at least not mentioned by the OP.  He mentioned adding trigger tape.  Ronhonda introduced the replaced trigger.

^^ wrong! This is what the OP said "what division adding the trigger and grip tape will put me under". 

Yes, stock trigger has been changed to an Apex, grip tape added where you see it including under the trigger guard. Sights were changed to night sights but I don't think that will affect the division the pistol qualifies for.

^^ wrong! This is what the OP said "what division adding the trigger and grip tape will put me under". 

Yeah, adding the trigger and grip tape.  Look at the photo...there is tape on the trigger guard. : )

If he changed the trigger it would have or should have read "what division would I be in if I changed the trigger and added grip tape."

Yes, stock trigger has been changed to an Apex, grip tape added where you see it including under the trigger guard. Sights were changed to night sights but I don't think that will affect the division the pistol qualifies for.

I'm bumping you to open for lack of clarity in your posts, and one more word Mr. and it's going to be Open Major!

lol

If he changed the trigger it would have or should have read "what division would I be in if I changed the trigger and added grip tape."

Regardless of what was said, that is not a stock trigger.

For IDPA, it would move him into ESP.

Yeah, adding the trigger and grip tape.  Look at the photo...there is tape on the trigger guard. : )

Wow, you are very observant. There is grip tape on the trigger guard :) Again, adding the trigger means adding the trigger. Seems like everyone else got it that the OP added a trigger "AND" grip tape to the gun.