Attendance  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be attending?

WHERE: Clinton WMA clay range in Clinton, NJ
ADDRESS: 26 New Jersey 173 Hampton, NJ 08827
WHEN: Saturday, March 28th
TIME: 9am at the Clay range

916a55b668a35ef0805dd06afac845f2_zpsabe7

Please try and bring everything you can in terms of a gun, ammo, and clays. A rough check list of what to bring:
- Gun(s)
- Ammo (birdshot #7, 7.5, 8)
- Clays
- Thrower if you have one
- Eyes and ears
- Shell pouch
- Beverages/snacks
- Layer up and bring a warm jacket/gloves/hat depending on weather
- Chair

If you can't bring some things, we will have plenty of stuff there. If you've never shot a shotgun before, an experienced shooter will try working with you to be able to dust a clay by the end of the day!

Gun rules to remember:
- Always treat a gun as if it was loaded
- Keep your finger off the trigger until you're ready to shoot
- Never point the muzzle at anything you're not willing to destroy
- Always be aware of you're target/line of fire
- Keep all guns unloaded until you're on the firing line

We need at least one person with the group to have a hunting license. If you're coming, please reply to this thread and note if you are bringing a thrower and/or have a license.

I'll be there if someone will be willing to show me the ropes. I've never shot a shotgun but I really want to try it out.

I'll pick up ammo (12ga best?) and clays and bring coffee and donuts.

If anyone has a 12ga pump that they are looking to offload I'll bring COEs just in case. Looking to stay under $400.

I'll be there if someone will be willing to show me the ropes. I've never shot a shotgun but I really want to try it out.

I'll pick up ammo (12ga best?) and clays and bring coffee and donuts.

If anyone has a 12ga pump that they are looking to offload I'll bring COEs just in case. Looking to stay under $400.

Shouldn't be a problem. Everyone is friendly and most don't mind sharing their guns so someone will show you the ropes and get you bust in' clays in no time. Get 12g bird shot or target loads.

I've got a plus 1 coming Not a forum member but may be after tonight.

Hopefully someone that is coming has a thrower and a hunting license.

NJSigfan what about the bday plans?

Since the shootout didn't work out for Clinton I decided to still try clay shooting and headed up to Thunder Mountain instead. As expected I had a great time busting clays and ended picking up an 870 yesterday. I look foward to the next shootout so I can try it out again, unless I head up to Thunder Mountain again first.

Since the shootout didn't work out for Clinton I decided to still try clay shooting and headed up to Thunder Mountain instead. As expected I had a great time busting clays and ended picking up an 870 yesterday. I look foward to the next shootout so I can try it out again, unless I head up to Thunder Mountain again first.

I never heard of Thunder Mountain until now. It looks like a great place. I picked up a Stoeger Coach Gun a few weeks ago and was thinking about trying out some clay shooting. My cousin has been to Lehigh Valley Sporting Clays and I was going to try that out but TM is a lot closer (1h 15m). I may have to find a friend to drag along for the ride.

With everyones schedules the weekend is the only option to get everyone together. It is usually more crowded but whenever I go there on the weekends, I get there early and it's not too bad.

The 18th is already next weekend but how about that day if the 19th is the deadeyes thing?