ShaggyRS6

Advice On A Good Range Bag

In the compact bag, I fit 3 guns in cases (Blue Beretta Cases) - sometimes 4 if I double up on the case..  also at least 200 rounds of 9mm, a brick of .22LR, mags in the side pocket (has room for 7 double-stack mags or you can double-up with single-stackers), targets, staple gun & extra staples, my hearing protection, and then on the other side pocket, any misc stuff I want.

Large MidwayUSA bag, here... couldn't be happier. Never had a time where I needed to bring something and didn't have space.

Only thing I wished for would be if I could lock some compartments. Not for any other reason than to keep honest people honest when my back is turned and I'm shooting... especially with the cost of ammo.

LA Police Gear large BOB in black................. Big enough for 4 Hand guns,all your accompany gear and ammo and not blend in with all the Midway denizens.

IMO you shouldn't spend a lot of money on a "gun" bag. I use an ordinary duffle bag when I think I'll be in the mood to clean a lot of guns later in the day, and a smaller version when I take three or fewer handguns along. I keep all the other crap (targets, ear protection, ID badge, cleaning equipment, flashlight, screwdriver, hats, gloves, sunglasses, and a second small duffle-like bag) in a tupperware bin in my car. I carry the ammo in a sturdy tool box. 

You probably have that stuff lying around your house already. If not get these items on sale at any sporting goods store.

I'm cheap and I was never very keen on gear.

I have the MIdwayUSA Compact Competition bag.

It's more compact than the other one but still holds all the stuff I need.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/939167522/midwayusa-compact-competition-range-bag?cm_vc=ProductFinding

I have this one as well. I don't usually have enough stuff to even fit in the main compartment so doubt I'll outgrow it. Good quality too.

What I don't understand is that a lot of these bags carry hand gun and ammunition. But your meant to have them in separate bags right ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, they do not need to be in separate bags.

What I don't understand is that a lot of these bags carry hand gun and ammunition. But your meant to have them in separate bags right ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They don't but I don't put email "heath junk" in the same folder as "NJ gun junk." More convenient for me to keep them separate.