ShaggyRS6

Advice On A Good Range Bag

Who makes that? I've been looking for a three gun (bullseye) box.

I do. I currently have 2 for sale. One has a stained finish and the other is wrapped in a vinyl/leather material and painted black on the inside but with the same stained drawer and gun holder as the first. PM me for price if you're interested. I'm in Woodbridge.

IMG_20150228_205111854.jpg

IMG_20150308_202049445.jpg

IMG_20150308_202200844.jpg

Last year I purchased a 5.11 Range Ready Bag and so far it has worked very well for me.

It measures 10" H x 21" L x 14" D

It is very well constructed using a strong and durable, weather resistant 6000 polyester fabric, heavy duty YKK zippers, with both handles and shoulder strap and six zippered compartments.  In the main center twin zippered flap covered compartment I carry my small padlocked plastic MTM ammo can and three (3) typical sized zippered fabric gun rugs with my pistols and 3-4 magazines for each pistol.  In the two same size pockets on one side are my ear and eye protection.  In the pockets on the end are my range ID cards, notebook, pen, reading glasses, (yes I need them.....), utility knife, flashlight and loose change container.  The other large side pocket contains targets.  All loaded up it can be on the heavy side, but I like the convenience of having everything in one bag that I can put in the back of my vehicle for traveling to and from the range.  It is not inexpensive, but I think a fair price for the quality of the materials and craftmanship compared to other range bags I have seen.  Mine is black but it is also available in a tan (sandstone) color.

Here is a link to the 5.11 web site to see what it looks like:

http://www.511tactical.com/range-ready-bag.html

All of the glowing reviews on this web site convinced me to purchase it and I am very glad I did and was not disappointed.  I think this bag will last a very long time.  But carrying it, loaded with all of my "stuff" does give my shoulder a good work out...