checko

Recommend me a .22 rifle

I want to start teaching my little guy how to shoot and the importance of gun safety. He's 5 and I want to start him off with a halfway decent (non expensive) rifle rather than a handgun. What would you suggest as I'm not well versed in the .22 world. I'm thinking .22 bolt action?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yea a  Savage bolt def big for 5yr old...Kids grow like weeds, my boy is 11 now, was 10 when he started and was on the cusp between youth and regular...the Savage Mark II I got for him when he was 10 was a lil too big, but hes now growing into it nicely.

I like the Savage Rascal better than the Cricket. On the real market about the same price and it appears to be made better.

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/rascal

Yes I bought one for a little guy when he was a year old as a "grow in to it" gift.

I like the Savage Rascal better than the Cricket. On the real market about the same price and it appears to be made better.

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/rascal

Yes I bought one for a little guy when he was a year old as a "grow in to it" gift.

This - and I have the Cricket - get the rascal. 

Just jealous.

You skipped all the crying, not sleeping, and poopy pants and went right to a little person you can interact with.

There's still a 2 yr old with poopy pants. Lol. And believe me sometimes I wish he couldn't talk still. Lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk