CageFighter

Oaks gun show Mar 27-29

Ramp up production and get a table! lol

I'll be there selling BBQ sauce...usually right next to the pickle guy.

I've been talking with a friend who is in the business of night vision about splitting a table in the future. It will happen eventually. If I go, I'll be sure to stop by your table and pick up some sauce.

I'll be going  Saturday with my girlfriend, my friend and his girlfriend. The possibility of going Sunday as well has been discussed, but we're not sure.

If you want to recognize me, I'll be wearing this shirt.

http://unfitforfm.spreadshirt.com/honest-anchor-s-beard-oil-A18147812/customize/color/231

For those that are there, any good deals? Looking for quality Mosin sub $200.

I also will go Sunday if anyone saw any decent Mosins there!!!

I saw a few Mosins with matching #s at the Armory show but they were Russian made and longer than my Polish 1955 made Mosin. Also the bayonet is separate and twists on. No marks showing use and

barrel rifling looked new. Made in 1935. They were asking $229 I think. The gun just seemed awkward to me being so much longer. at least 6"

Only been the handful of shows but this one was good. Much bigger than I expected. Turned into a long day of walking. Picked up a few small stuff. Could have easily spent a lot more money. I saw a chick maning the pickles....

Would have been cool if I could have worn some NJGF swag!

Only been the handful of shows but this one was good. Much bigger than I expected. Turned into a long day of walking. Picked up a few small stuff. Could have easily spent a lot more money. I saw a chick maning the pickles....

Would have been cool if I could have worn some NJGF swag!

You can! I own www.NewJerseyGunFreaks.com NJGF. Have fun with it!

I still would like to know if anyone saw any good Mosins  at the Oaks show! 

i was actually disappointed with this show. i went looking for an sks, and prices were WAYYYY off. one vender tried to tell me an type56 chinese sks was very rare and worth $1000.  only deal i saw was a cetme 308 sporter for $510 and an unconverted slightly used saiga for like $560...  i ended up getting an FAL parts kit. i can already hear the dsa reciever calling my name

I still would like to know if anyone saw any good Mosins at the Oaks show!

One guy had some refinished... he wanted somewhere near $700 for a PU sniper. Don't remember what the other rifles were, but I want to say $250-$300. Other PU snipers (regular ones like could have been picked up from AIM Surplus when they had them) were in the $650 range.

The standard 91/30s were from $180-$225. Most looked good, one or two I saw needed some more cleanup... but $200 Mosin Nagants are not my thing, unless there are a crap load for me to go through and find the one I want. I remembered a guy with a crate of them at the last show I went to... and it seemed he had about a third left in that same crate.

Saw a few Mausers that interested me, at a reasonable price... but didn't take any home. I ended up with some meat sticks, a shirt, and some ammo.

Even with that, there was still a lot of higher priced stuff. I wanted to get some surplus 7.62x25mm for my Yugo Tokarev. There was a guy in the center of the middle room that wanted $50 per 72 round box. Turned and walked away. In the far room, I found the same ammo at $25 a box. Also had the 14 round boxes of surplus 7.62x38mm Nagant ammo at $6 per box. That is what I came for the show to get, but didn't get any 7.62x54mm (what I found was not clear on what it was; wanted to get some loose heavy ball).

My girlfriend's father came, and he is into knifes. We stopped by a German collector booth in the first room, and was interested in the military daggers. They were higher priced, but wanted to know the pricing on ones that were not marked. The guy sold a Hitler Youth knife/sheath and belt to a guy for $600, but would not give us the time of day. Sucks being we both had about $1,200 between us. Her father also saw a large brass eagle sculpture as we were leaving (he likes eagles), but the lady just didn't act like she wanted to sell it.

It wasn't as big as I expected, but too many people who were constantly in a rush to look at stuff because you were looking at it or be where you wanted to be. As I mentioned, there was a few Mausers I looked at. One Yugo M48 I really liked, which was adjacent to a rack that a guy was looking at a Mosin Nagant (might have been something else, but I know there were a few on there). He had a rifle slung over his shoulder, but while looking at the other gun, had to lean backwards so the barrel almost hit me in the head. I'm ducking to miss it, and leaned closer to the rack he was at to try and look at a second Yugo, and it must have pissed him off because he rolled his eyes and walked off. Walking down the aisles, I had one person literally walk and stop right in front of me, like he was confronting me, adjust his belt, then go back to the side he came from like I wasn't even there.

Might have been worth my $12, but really didn't feel like I should have spent the time there.

For the people going on Sunday, I heard a lot of the sellers discussing if they were going to come back for the last day... and I was shocked of how many said they were going to head home tonight.

One guy had some refinished... he wanted somewhere near $700 for a PU sniper. Don't remember what the other rifles were, but I want to say $250-$300. Other PU snipers (regular ones like could have been picked up from AIM Surplus when they had them) were in the $650 range.

The standard 91/30s were from $180-$225. Most looked good, one or two I saw needed some more cleanup... but $200 Mosin Nagants are not my thing, unless there are a crap load for me to go through and find the one I want. I remembered a guy with a crate of them at the last show I went to... and it seemed he had about a third left in that same crate.

Saw a few Mausers that interested me, at a reasonable price... but didn't take any home. I ended up with some meat sticks, a shirt, and some ammo.

Even with that, there was still a lot of higher priced stuff. I wanted to get some surplus 7.62x25mm for my Yugo Tokarev. There was a guy in the center of the middle room that wanted $50 per 72 round box. Turned and walked away. In the far room, I found the same ammo at $25 a box. Also had the 14 round boxes of surplus 7.62x38mm Nagant ammo at $6 per box. That is what I came for the show to get, but didn't get any 7.62x54mm (what I found was not clear on what it was; wanted to get some loose heavy ball).

My girlfriend's father came, and he is into knifes. We stopped by a German collector booth in the first room, and was interested in the military daggers. They were higher priced, but wanted to know the pricing on ones that were not marked. The guy sold a Hitler Youth knife/sheath and belt to a guy for $600, but would not give us the time of day. Sucks being we both had about $1,200 between us. Her father also saw a large brass eagle sculpture as we were leaving (he likes eagles), but the lady just didn't act like she wanted to sell it.

It wasn't as big as I expected, but too many people who were constantly in a rush to look at stuff because you were looking at it or be where you wanted to be. As I mentioned, there was a few Mausers I looked at. One Yugo M48 I really liked, which was adjacent to a rack that a guy was looking at a Mosin Nagant (might have been something else, but I know there were a few on there). He had a rifle slung over his shoulder, but while looking at the other gun, had to lean backwards so the barrel almost hit me in the head. I'm ducking to miss it, and leaned closer to the rack he was at to try and look at a second Yugo, and it must have pissed him off because he rolled his eyes and walked off. Walking down the aisles, I had one person literally walk and stop right in front of me, like he was confronting me, adjust his belt, then go back to the side he came from like I wasn't even there.

Might have been worth my $12, but really didn't feel like I should have spent the time there.

For the people going on Sunday, I heard a lot of the sellers discussing if they were going to come back for the last day... and I was shocked of how many said they were going to head home tonight.

all around i was disappointed with the show too. I've been to 4 or 5 in the past and deals were everywhere if you looked. This one seemed like they were just looking to screw people who didn't know any better. I was looking at some ammo when another guy asked if 7.62x54r was .30-06 ammo. The guy said no and started to explain but didn't know what thr "r" stood for. If you're an ammo dealer you should really know. But that was the same vendor that said he turned down a $1000 offer on a beat up type 56 when i asked how much he wanted for it...

Yea, even today (sunday) there weren't any great deals to be had. It pissed me off when I see Independence 115gr 9mm going for $18/box and PMC for $20. No thanks. I did however get BBQ sauce from AverageJoe and pickles of course. Pumped to try the BBQ sauce later.

On another note, I can't believe what passes as a "quality" kydex holster. Out of 6 companies making them, I would only buy from 1 of them. Guys, please do research on who you're buying from when you buy kydex. I saw way too many holsters that were made with overheated kydex which is really bad.

I always read these threads and remember why I don't go to gunshots anymore.

People are looking for a $150 Mosin should have stocked up a few years ago. You won't find them around that price anymore. $175-200 is the norm now and I expect prices to increase steadily every couple years.

If you are looking for a typical refurb 91/30, PM me. I stopped buying 91/30's after getting into Finn's. I may be able to let one go. I have a nice triple dated MO.

I'll be going  Saturday with my girlfriend, my friend and his girlfriend. The possibility of going Sunday as well has been discussed, but we're not sure.

If you want to recognize me, I'll be wearing this shirt.

http://unfitforfm.spreadshirt.com/honest-anchor-s-beard-oil-A18147812/customize/color/231

How's that beard oil? I have a couple balms I use but no oil so far and I'm on the lookout for something good. Most smell good but it disappears an hour after applying. Hows that stuff?

How's that beard oil? I have a couple balms I use but no oil so far and I'm on the lookout for something good. Most smell good but it disappears an hour after applying. Hows that stuff?

I don't know what he uses but, I use Choice Beard Co. and I love the stuff. I prep my beard at 6 am and I can still smell it at 7pm. I highly recommend it.

I always read these threads and remember why I don't go to gunshots anymore.

People are looking for a $150 Mosin should have stocked up a few years ago. You won't find them around that price anymore. $175-200 is the norm now and I expect prices to increase steadily every couple years.

If you are looking for a typical refurb 91/30, PM me. I stopped buying 91/30's after getting into Finn's. I may be able to let one go. I have a nice triple dated MO.

Tried to PM you about the Mosin, but says you can't receive any new PM's.

Man, what a great weekend...Saturday was pretty packed...I was hearing they were shuttling people over cause of no more parking. Was great to meet a few of the forum members as well. Lets talk pricing and/or deals...what we have to remember is a lot of these vendors are basically traveling dealers. Some of the pricing is going to be just as if you were walking into a dealer. Also, clearly the masses aren't bothered with paying the prices otherwise they'd be lower...If the majority continue to buy high, thats where they'll stay. With that said, the two bigger ammo vendors had cases Wolf Gold on Friday started at 340 at both places(stock not really moving i guess)...by sat evening they were both down to 319 lol. One vendor had W-231 for 35/lb while another vendor had HP-38 for 25/lb. which is the same exact powder, yet that W-231 sold real quick. All in all was a good show for me, ended up going through 10 cases of BBQ...Scored myself a case of wolf gold, 2lbs HP-38, few 81mm ammo cans and a couple other ammo cans that were a lil shorter/wider, longer(forgot what the sign said they're used for)

Lol, it's not real. It's from a South Jersey podcast called Unfit for FM. One of the episodes they were making fun of hipsters or something, and suggested the one host, Anchor, should make his own beard oil. They wanted to make it look like a snake oil pitch.

Anyway the show is pretty good, you should check it out.

But back to beard oils, I just use Jojoba oil my gf got me. When I actually use it it seems to really help straighten my beard and make it "workable".