High Exposure

New Vortex 1-6 optic

I picked up an ADM Recon-X 30mm for mine. Gives a little bit more room for proper eye relief than the standard ADM Recon mount (I think the Strike Eagle 1-6 has ~ 3.5" eye relief).

I have been very happy with their mounts. Excellent quality, much better rail attachment than ARMS (yuck!), and significantly cheaper than LaRue.

If cost is an option and you don't need quick release, look at the Aero mounts. They are  under $100 and pretty darn good, I've had my scope on my 3gun rifle for this past year, and it got thrown around a lot and smacked into things and it has been flawless.

How do they compare to the Burris PEPR?  About the same?  better?  

I think they are much better, half the weight, the 3 mounting screws pass through block filling the entire rail gap, the semi clamping rings seem to do a very good job not twisting the scope when tightening, includes a clever torque wrench, etc.

If you don't need quick detach, I don't think there are any better for the money. I replaced my Larue SPR-E with out on my race gun.

How do they compare to the Burris PEPR? About the same? better?

They are much better. Unless you get a cheek weld WAY back, the Pepe mounts don't have enough cantilever for a lot of scopes. The aero ones do.

Machining, finish, weight, etc are all just nicer. Some by a lot. Comes with a tool to torque it iirc too. It's a solid value for the dollar.

Speaking of qd mounts, i run a Bobro QD and feel its the best QD mount for hilding a zero. I went with it after reading testing reviews online (i know, i know...). Thing is, i took a chance and tried one. In a word, fvckin awesome. Ok, two words...

The Bobro has a spring loaded locking mechanism which, im guessing, is the magic ingredient. I can swap my scope between different uppers and make the same, consistent scope click adjustment and get a good zero.

Speaking of qd mounts, i run a Bobro QD and feel its the best QD mount for hilding a zero. I went with it after reading testing reviews online (i know, i know...). Thing is, i took a chance and tried one. In a word, fvckin awesome. Ok, two words...

The Bobro has a spring loaded locking mechanism which, im guessing, is the magic ingredient. I can swap my scope between different uppers and make the same, consistent scope click adjustment and get a good zero.

Yep. A friend waited months to get his, but they are pricey.

Yep. A friend waited months to get his, but they are pricey.

They arent cheap, but comparable to La Rue, et al. Thung is, the Larue isnt quite as consistent as the Bobro. The Bobro is 100% on the money. When im mountung it back on whichever upper, i simply put it on, put foward pressure in the mount and lock it down. Then, i give the butt of the rifle a gentle tap on the ground.

I get a perfect zero everytime.

I picked up an ADM Recon-X 30mm for mine. Gives a little bit more room for proper eye relief than the standard ADM Recon mount (I think the Strike Eagle 1-6 has ~ 3.5" eye relief).

I have been very happy with their mounts. Excellent quality, much better rail attachment than ARMS (yuck!), and significantly cheaper than LaRue.

Using one of the ADM mounts also...very happy with it...well made piece

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

anyone have any leads as to if the strike eagle will part of any black friday deals? 

I'd buy used but I've NEVER seen one for sale... not even on ARFCOM's EE.

need to complete my 20" build

Sprotsmans guide has them for 265 today if your a member, check out the ad on slickguns

So I know many members have picked one up. How does everyone like it long term? Still the best sub $1000 1-6?

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

I dunno if it is the best sub 1000, there are a lot of optics in that price range and many are excellent. It is certainly a lot of optic for the money though. 

I've been running a Strike Eagle on a 12.5" gun for the past few months.  Part of the testing included leaving it unsecured in the back of my car as I drove around for two weeks.  I drive a fair bit of gravel and I let it bounce around to abuse it a bit.  I shot it to confirm that it held zero (it did) then I tested tracking of adjustments at 250 yards and they were all still true.  I'll keep playing with it but thus far, it's held up to two carbine courses and nearly daily use.