Howard

Photo time - The London Eye at night

Bob, that was a good idea, unless you are there it is hard to understand how big this thing really is.  Here is another one, which let's you see it is about the size of a 20 story building:

16968293201_69d6d2b170_b_d.jpg

Recessedfilter - Thanks.  It's simple, aim the camera at the image you want to capture and slowly press the shutter button straight down :)

Malsua - Thanks.  I had no desire to get on it either.  It's expensive and you are only up top for about 7 minutes.  What I really liked was the 35-37 story Sky Garden at 20 Frenchchurch st - and it is free too!  You need to make reservations online ahead of time, which is a problem as you never know what the weather will be.  Unfortunately I could not get an open slot at night, and it was kind of grey and hazy when I was there.  But here are a few shots:

16821512018_c5a6cde760_b_d.jpg

17008373991_06e3f4c050_b_d.jpg

16386844514_c9761c4a4f_b_d.jpg

If you want to pay about $45 you can go to the top of the Shard, pictured below, which is the tallest building in Europe.

17007836352_6698d21b49_b_d.jpg