gleninjersey

Demented Brewery In Middlesex, NJ

Guy loses job and decides to turn his passion for home brewing beer into his own business. Article says they hope to have a tour with tasting room open by summer. I wish him the best of luck and hope he eventually comes out with a really good stout.

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/story/news/local/middlesex-county/2015/03/22/demented-brewery-will-open-middlesex-borough/25037353/

Article was on first page of Courrier News. We only get the paper for the coupons. I hardly ever even open it. This caught my eye and thought others may be interested.

I live in the town of middlesex -- This town is so anti business that I'm surprised they let him do that -- Actually he hasn't sold anything yet

I also wonder how it will work with the liquor license -- my guess is he will be wholesale only -- you won't actually be able to buy a beer from the guy

Good for him for following his dream -- I hope it works out for him

If it's anything like The Village Idiot Brewing in Mt. Holly, then he will be able to serve beer at his location. Village Idiot "requires" you to take a tour of the facility and learn how the beer is made, then you buy tokens to "purchase" the beer, and since its a brewpub they are not allowed to serve food, but it is BYOF, and there's plenty of good places near the Idiot to eat.

The article does mention the requirement of tour taking prior to sampling. Looking foward to checking it out. We should have a local NJGF meet up once they offer the tour/sample. There are quite a few of us within 15 minutes of Middlesex Township (in Somerset County).

Coming to this

If it's anything like The Village Idiot Brewing in Mt. Holly, then he will be able to serve beer at his location. Village Idiot "requires" you to take a tour of the facility and learn how the beer is made, then you buy tokens to "purchase" the beer, and since its a brewpub they are not allowed to serve food, but it is BYOF, and there's plenty of good places near the Idiot to eat.

How is the village idiot? I've heard of it but never been over there.

PLEASE give me some options to eat down there! We are doing a job down in Delran and we have been struggling with food options the past few days. One of the places we tried was Ott's or Otto's in Mt Holly and it wasn't bad but just ok. We are planning on going to the brewery friday. It seems like there is nothing down there but I'm also not from the area.

PLEASE give me some options to eat down there! We are doing a job down in Delran and we have been struggling with food options the past few days. One of the places we tried was Ott's or Otto's in Mt Holly and it wasn't bad but just ok. We are planning on going to the brewery friday. It seems like there is nothing down there but I'm also not from the area.

Dadz pub in Lumberton

Iron Hill in Maple Shade

Madison Tavern in riverside. Never been there but heard its good.

Otts is in Delran

Dooneys in Delran

More if you want to get deeper into Mount Laurel or toward the Moorestown Mall.

It's not just guns.

I think only one other person here read this and posted "it's come to this".  The idea that one adult needs the government's permission to let other adults drink something he's made and that permission is only granted if he first offers a tour of his plant is insane.

Over-reach every where.

NJs liquor laws are as screwed up as the gun laws. They've made a lot of improvements in the last decade but there's still a long way to go. I work in Middlesex and, if it isn't obvious from my screen name, I've made a few hundred gallons of beer. I even looked into going pro myself at one point. I'll have to check this out. Local breweries need all the support they can get.