DevsAdvocate

What should I buy next?

Got one more P2P to burn.... 90 days are up by April 20th, and I'll extend to 180 if need be... kinda looking at something along the lines of a pocket pistol.

Requirements: 

1.  Shall use a caliber I already stock (9mm, 38spc/357 mag)

2.  Pocket sized and/or easily concealable

3.  Relatively affordable

One thing which caught my eye: 9mm Ruger LCR.  Anyone try this thing yet?  If not, how about the Ruger LC9?

Thanks!

CZ 75b compact.

+1. I have a full size 75b but have been eyeing a used compact model at the LGS. You can't go wrong with a CZ, great guns.

Coincidently, my permit expires on the 20th as well.

Got one more P2P to burn.... 90 days are up by April 20th, and I'll extend to 180 if need be... kinda looking at something along the lines of a pocket pistol.

Requirements: 

1.  Shall use a caliber I already stock (9mm, 38spc/357 mag)

2.  Pocket sized and/or easily concealable

3.  Relatively affordable

One thing which caught my eye: 9mm Ruger LCR.  Anyone try this thing yet?  If not, how about the Ruger LC9?

Thanks!

With those 3 requirements, it's hard not to like the S&W M&P9 Shield

I have the ruger lcr 9mm. Nice little gun. I was shooting 147gr +p duty 9mm out of it. Recoil isn't too bad. If you are interested i have a compact p250 in 9mm that comes with the subcompact conversion kit. I liked that gun a lot just got a 26 for mag compatability with my duty 19. Would let it go for a decent price

I have the ruger lcr 9mm. Nice little gun. I was shooting 147gr +p duty 9mm out of it. Recoil isn't too bad. If you are interested i have a compact p250 in 9mm that comes with the subcompact conversion kit. I liked that gun a lot just got a 26 for mag compatability with my duty 19. Would let it go for a decent price

Joe doesn't sell guns or shoot them, someone text him and let him know his account was hacked. :hunter:

Blf, You realize April fools has passed right?

I don't curently have a pocket pistol in the stable, but the last time I toyed with trying ones out the small sigs impressed me the most. I'm a fan of the XD series, but the xds isn't that much smaller then my XDM to warent picking up another

XDm compact 3.8 in 9mm. 3.8" barrel, it's only 4.75" high, and has 13+1 capacity.

The other pistol on my list is a Walther PPS. That's more of a pocket gun. It's very slim. Only 6 round capacity though.

1.  Kahr PM9 or Walther CCP look interesting.  I'll see if I can shoot Old School's and if RTSP has a Walther

2.  CZ makes great pistols, but I'm not too interested in DA/SA guns in general.  

3.  Someone mentioned SIG pocket pistols... are they any good?

4.  What about 9mm CCW revolvers?  Any good ones there?

I second the M&P Shield, however, it isn't really a pocket gun.  Another thought would be the budget-friendly Kahr CM9 or a Ruger LCR. 

I got the Boberg XR9-S, from Tom at Oakridge. Going to RTSP this week to shoot it if anyone wants to give it a whirl.

This thing is weird!  It feeds backwards...  I'll be there Thursday night for the IDPA training class and there Sunday for the IDPA itself...  If I have time I'd like to check it out.

This thing is weird! It feeds backwards... I'll be there Thursday night for the IDPA training class and there Sunday for the IDPA itself... If I have time I'd like to check it out.

I was going tonight to try it, but I have Rangers Devil's tickets in a suite. Go Devils! I'm heading there Thursday after work to try it out.

If you live in NJ with no planned escape why are you worried about concealability?

I made that mistake a few years ago. Got a Sit p238. Hated the gun, hated the round, sold it. Kicked like a mule. I can't imagine women carrying something like that.

In 357 you should consider a Ruger SP 101. Fantastic gun, but just 5 rounds. I know, you plan on getting into a bunch of gunfights and that's not enough capacity. Also shoots .38 specials which is a nice round.

Or if you'd like to save money on the gun and would ***possibly*** consider a new caliber, buy a Makarov or related gun in the 9x18 caliber. If you look you can get one that's practically new for $300-500. They are heavy guns however. Ammo is cheap. They are 100% error-free, fun to shoot, and in my hands amazingly accurate.