Sign in to follow this  
Polak

M&P .22 compact?

I had the original M&P 22, not the compact. It was a good little gun. Ran well, was accurate enough for shooting steel. I put several thousand rounds through it without any major issues. I do not miss it though. Much happier with my Ruger 22/45 Lite with VQ trigger.

This is an awesome little 22 handgun. It has a nice trigger and adjustable sights and it is made in the USA. If you have a Shield it is a good training handgun. It will not fit in any other M&P holsters, though. It does better with hotter 22s.

I was helping with a class a few weeks ago and a student was shooting one with a Fast Fire dot mounted on it. He was getting almost all of them in the black at 25 yards, so it's a pretty accurate little gun if you do your part.

The Ruger SR22 is a good little pistol as well.

I have the S&W M&P-22 compact in Stock - Nice Gun!

Not all that small - only about 1/2" shorter bbl & 1" shorter grip (approx. 15%)

And the M&P-22 compact is made in the USA, not a Walther made gun.......

What's your price OTD?

I have had one since the week before they hit the market in August, and previously had bought a Shield a few weeks prior.  Amazing gun.

I want to stress that the Compact in the term is relative- it is not and I mean not some small, teensy weensy pistol that is of no use to a manly man.  It is Compact due to the fact that it is exactly 87.5% scale size of the M&P 22/ aka Full-size M&Ps.  This is due to the fact that the M&P22 was made by Walther Umarex.  Smith and Wesson had a longstanding partnership with Walther Umarex and had them make the M&P22s for importation and sale in the USA.  However, when that parternship was dissolved, Smith and Wesson decided to bring this rimfire production in-house and needed obviously to make the new product substantially different so they made their new model "compact" - thus the 87.5% size of the full-size M&P.  So while it's SMALLER, it's not necessarily SMALL per se.

It is however an amazing pistol.  AWESOME.  I love it.  I absolutely love it.  Shoots lights out, rarely gives you any malfunctions and nearly all the malfunctions I have ever had were with lesser-than-premium ammos... and it comes threaded with an internal thread protector so you could use a suppressor out of the box (which is nice for me here in FL if I ever get my NFA game on.)

It feels a little bit different than the Shield, and it's a very very light gun due to the Aluminum Alloy slide rather than steel like the Shield and M&Ps etc. but it's a great gun.  I got a LaserMax Genesis micro usb rechargeable green laser on mine and it's both fun and laser-lights-out effective.

So I bought one. $280 shipped.

Congrats I think you will find it's a blast , lots of fun, and tucks into the waistband for letting the dog out at night or mornings in shorts/light pants etc.

Also you got a great great price.  I think I paid $360? or something the week before it was released.  Not that I like blowing money but still, worth every dime, 280 is a steal.

Congrats I think you will find it's a blast , lots of fun, and tucks into the waistband for letting the dog out at night or mornings in shorts/light pants etc.

Also you got a great great price. I think I paid $360? or something the week before it was released. Not that I like blowing money but still, worth every dime, 280 is a steal.

Add the $40 transfer and the $27 magazine, it's almost the same price as you.