Bubba-NJ

Rookie Ar-15 build project

Finally took my rifle out to Wicens range this morning. Nice place with friendly people. Pretty rustic. Put 290 rounds through the rifle. Sat at a bench in a bunker to shoot. Used only my red dot for aiming and sited it in to about 50 yards. It is amazing how different brands and weights of ammo shoot. Need to get a spotting scope as they lent me one while I was there. I had never shot 5.56 or .223 before today. I was a little surprised by the recoil, wouldn't call it a kick but it was more than I've experienced with a rifle before. My only rifle experience is .22lr rounds so I figured it would be more then those.

It is a 22 kind of .223    LOL           look at the  brass size.......    Compaired to a 30-06       30-30   its nothing. Saw you said above you went to the range and popped off almost 300 rounds and I got wood. I godda git out to the range this weekend........  then when the credit card bill comes in with the $150 charge from the gun shop, I'll have to explain to the wife about Bullets aint cheap! LOL