Sign in to follow this  
revenger

Short Hills mall carjacker found not guilty of unrelated gun charge

NJ.Com had a story today about one of the Short Hills  ( sorry, can't copy and paste on this site)(I wish they would fix that) carjackers who was charged with "unlawful possession of a weapon because he did not have a LAWFUL PERMIT TO CARRY A FIREARM"     He was passed out from a PCP intoxication and was found not guilty because he could not have "knowingly" possessed the gun since he was passed out.   I wonder if Loretta Weinberg read this story and will go after the justice system with the same ferocity that she attacks law abiding citizens.  

I'm wondering if I keep my gun in my glove box or center console would that be good to go since the covers were closed and my optometrist testifies that I don't have x-ray vision there is no way I could have known that my gun was in there.   

Well, more than likely that handgun was stolen and/or bought on the street and had no ties to him. If you start riding around with YOUR handgun in the box it may be a little more difficult to claim you don't know how it got there. lol.

This is absurd!  How can this happen?  The laws of this state only apply to the good guys.  If that happened to you, me, or anyone else on this forum you know dam well we would be thrown in jail.  This state is so dam screwed up and corupt it makes me sick. 

i just do not know what else to say here.....Im out

Ken

If the holster don't fit, you must acquit!

^^^^WINNER!  And "classic mipafox" I might add, lol!  Bob Shapiro was one of the best for what he did.  Most of these Kids on here don't know the reference, lol!  But alas, more coffee on my monitor, so well done "fox"!

Thanks, Smokin, glad you missed your keyboard this time :)

To be fair this wasn't the state. It was the jury. Everyone should keep that in mind when they dodge jury duty.

We don't know who it was. Was this the same judge that wouldn't let the Aitken jury be told that possession of a handgun while moving is legal? It seems the STATE rules vary quite a bit when it comes to reasonable defenses for law abiding citizens vs. insanely ridiculous defenses for criminals.

For all we know the judge told the jury that if the criminal was not aware of possession at that precise moment then an element of the crime was not satisfied.

In his opening statement, Beam told jurors that "if you find that my client was unable to know, because he passed out on the lawn, what was going on, then your obligation is to find him not guilty."

So the jury fell for the old Jedi mind trick...

Well it is similar to the infamous Chewbacca defense

http://southpark.cc.com/clips/103454/the-chewbacca-defense

We should be blasting our legislators over this every but as vehemently as we have to help out the innocents who've been ensnared in Jersey and ask how dare they continue to go after our right when they fail to prosecute actual real criminals!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We should be blasting our legislators over this every but as vehemently as we have to help out the innocents who've been ensnared in Jersey and ask how dare they continue to go after our right when they fail to prosecute actual real criminals!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We should continually be blasting our legislators about quite a few things, but this particular atrocity was a failing of the judicial branch (the jurors and the prosecutor, really), not the legislative branch.