Polak

9mm Rifle bug hit me?

I bought a stag model 9 for less than 900 bucks. It's uses colt 9mm mags and functions perfectly. Bolt hold back, smooth fire and all ar parts for the lower. I'm putting in a Giesele trigger and changing the stock. The model I bought has the diamond head rail.

https://www.stagarms.com/model-9/

I recently bought a Beretta CX4 in 9mm, with the 92FS magazines. It's a LOT of fun to shoot, and at 25 yds it makes one hole (almost) with the iron sights. I already have about 20 92 mags for my M9A1, so I wanted that model.

The trigger is a little mushy, so it's going to sierrapapacx4.com this weekend for their full trigger upgrade parts install.

It's a lot of fun.

I have a bunch of lever action 357/38 rifles too, and they are also a lot of fun.

I have the same CX4 with iron sights. I did the kitchen-table trigger job and found it helped with the rough break a tad. How do you like the sierrapapa job?

For the record, the CX4 does quite a nice job at 100yds too.

I have the same CX4 with iron sights. I did the kitchen-table trigger job and found it helped with the rough break a tad. How do you like the sierrapapa job?

For the record, the CX4 does quite a nice job at 100yds too.

The Sierra Papa is night-and-day improvement over stock. The aluminum trigger alone removes a lot of the awful trigger flex. Well worth the money.

Just mostly finished my MP5 clone.  Grabbed an MKE bc they are made on actual HK machinery and use genuine HK guts.  Started like this:

f1oHZb.jpg

Almost done now it looks like this:

8f8WMA.jpg

Dayum.  Sexy!  

How much did run you in the end (if you don't mind me asking)?  A base MP5 clone is around 2300 or so right?

I've wanted one of these ever since I shot a full-auto MP5 navy in Georgia...  such a sweet gun

Dayum. Sexy!

How much did run you in the end (if you don't mind me asking)? A base MP5 clone is around 2300 or so right?

I've wanted one of these ever since I shot a full-auto MP5 navy in Georgia... such a sweet gun

Thanks! Wanted to make it look SDish. Rifle was $1800, parts were another $500 but I can sell the original parts for a decent amount so all in all I will still be under 2k.

Have a t1 waiting on a low pro rail to arrive.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Just mostly finished my MP5 clone. Grabbed an MKE bc they are made on actual HK machinery and use genuine HK guts. Started like this:

f1oHZb.jpg

Almost done now it looks like this:

8f8WMA.jpg

What parts did you need to make it look like that?

What parts did you need to make it look like that?

It was actually only 3 parts, they just all turned out to be a pain in the ass.

SD style muzzle shroud

New lower (not an issue on these bc its not the serialized part)

SD style stock

Shoulda been straightforward but everything needed to be fit to the gun, nothing worked out of the gate.  Shroud had to be milled to fit the charging handle, receiver needed to have the holed drilled out so they would line up properly with the upper receiver, and the stock needed to have the same done and then pinned for NJ compliance.

Oh and the nice little fact that factory HK 15rd mags aren't actually 15rd mags.  Glad I found that out before carting everything back here :)

It was actually only 3 parts, they just all turned out to be a pain in the ass.

SD style muzzle shroud

New lower (not an issue on these bc its not the serialized part)

SD style stock

Shoulda been straightforward but everything needed to be fit to the gun, nothing worked out of the gate.  Shroud had to be milled to fit the charging handle, receiver needed to have the holed drilled out so they would line up properly with the upper receiver, and the stock needed to have the same done and then pinned for NJ compliance.

Oh and the nice little fact that factory HK 15rd mags aren't actually 15rd mags.  Glad I found that out before carting everything back here :)

What do u mean by " aren't actually 15 rd mags" ???

They hold 16rd from the factory. You gota permanently block em to 15 or just buy hk 10rd mags and they will fit 11.

When contacted they gave me a response about tolerance and just dont put the extra rd in. Lives up to their motto "HK, bc you suck and we hate you"

In any event once all the issues were sorted and everything compliant I do enjoy the rifle. Good piece of kit, more fun than my sub2k, camp 9, pc9, or a cx4 in my opinion.

They hold 16rd from the factory. You gota permanently block em to 15 or just buy hk 10rd mags and they will fit 11.

When contacted they gave me a response about tolerance and just dont put the extra rd in. Lives up to their motto "HK, bc you suck and we hate you"

In any event once all the issues were sorted and everything compliant I do enjoy the rifle. Good piece of kit, more fun than my sub2k, camp 9, pc9, or a cx4 in my opinion.

If they sell these magazines as 15 rounders, why are you putting in more than they were designed to hold? It is like putting 16 rounds into a Glock 19 or Beretta 92 magazine.

If they sell these magazines as 15 rounders, why are you putting in more than they were designed to hold? It is like putting 16 rounds into a Glock 19 or Beretta 92 magazine.

I cant fit more than 15rds into my factory g19 or beretta 92 mags.

Before they were modded you could easily slide 16rds into the hk mp5 mags. Somehow I dont think "well they sold it as a 15rd mag" is a valid legal defense.

The only problem with 9mm rifles is that we can't have them SBR'd or suppressed.  Both of which defeat the purpose of going to a pistol caliber which is to maximize performance while minimizing size.  An AR-15 shooting 5.56mm prefers a 14.5" or greater barrel just to get the best performance for that round.  Anything shorter, you might as well go pistol caliber, suppress it, and reap the benefits there.

IMO, I still believe the best home defense weapon is a 9mm carbine/SMG with RDS, light, and suppressor.  Easy to aim, can be handled with one hand, and won't kill your eardrums when you need to use it.  Rifles can work, but they're too friggin loud.  Shotguns are too unwieldy in enclosed spaces.  Pistols can be difficult to aim under pressure or without adequate training.

I love my Jr Carbine. but i do agree i with there were atleast shroud or something that would give the magazine a more AR look.. Also have been wanting to swap parts on it to make it more attractive but who has the $.

I had been itching to get a 9mm carbine for quite awhile now, and I just picked up a Ruger PC9 police carbine today at Mastodon.

It appears to be in excellent condition. I believe it was a hot deal at $850 OTD, which included three 15 round mags, a mag holder on the stock, a sling, and a Tasco red dot optic. Immediately took it over to Cherry Ridge, where I put 100 rounds through it without a hitch. As I expected, it shoots quite smoothly. I'm thinking it might be good to keep close by for HD.