BlueLineFish

To Tavor or Not to Tavor

Detachable mag is qualifier, not evil feature, so you can have one feature, which is usually a pistol grip. As mentioned, the Tavor has that like an AR, so a brake needs to be pinned on eliminating the barrel threads.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

The NJSP told me they consider the Tavor to have a thumbhole stock and not a pistol grip, but then cautioned that their current interpretation could be changed in the future (think new AG under a future administration). It's still best to put a muzzle brake on it to be safe.

The NJSP told me they consider the Tavor to have a thumbhole stock and not a pistol grip, but then cautioned that their current interpretation could be changed in the future (think new AG under a future administration). It's still best to put a muzzle brake on it to be

Wow, that's nuts!

The NJSP told me they consider the Tavor to have a thumbhole stock and not a pistol grip, but then cautioned that their current interpretation could be changed in the future (think new AG under a future administration). It's still best to put a muzzle brake on it to be safe.

I'd like to see that in writing

I've gotten that answer as well from the NJSP on the Tavor.  The x95 does have a replaceable grip that removes the guard(?) on the grip making it look a lot more like a standard pistol group I'd be careful.

I've gotten that answer as well from the NJSP on the Tavor.  The x95 does have a replaceable grip that removes the guard(?) on the grip making it look a lot more like a standard pistol group I'd be careful.

Looks one piece to me.... but...

not exactly true.

Removing the grip will leave you with an exposed trigger and nothing to grip. You need to purchase the pistol grip if thats what you want

If the Tavor is a thumbhole stock and not a pistol grip than you can have a flash hider. Not really sure if that is a thumbhole stock, but if NJSP say so a thumbhole stock it is.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

It is finally done.. Picking the X95 up now.. Waiting for NICS to come back..

I Love the way the Break looks...

I had the barrel cut down so it is 16.25" ... Their is no barrel even showing...

I hope to get to the range this weekend... If i do i post a range report after...

Very excited!!!!

72e6c3046f3f32ca937f87e64cda4673.jpg

df4d5f2533bbe5417aafbe5bdc439656.jpg

d67e7dd200daabd43e928090cad0ce35.jpg

• Like 1

I'm undecided still about the trigger... The stock trigger feels decent on the X95. Better then a stock AR mil spec trigger...With the original SAR 21 Tavors an aftermarket trigger was required...

Timney make a drop in trigger... It is about $100 cheaper the the Tav-D or Geisley... May have to look into that.Model: Tim-680

• Like 1

This is the Break I used for those interested. Got it off EBay for $69.

MECHFORCE ENFORCER MUZZLE BRAKE COMPENSATOR 1/2-28 TPI 5.56 / .223 W/ 4 VARIABLE TIMING CRUSH WASHERS

https://www.mechforce-usa.com/collections/muzzle-brakes/products/mechforce-enforcer-muzzle-brake-compensator-1-2-28-tpi-5-56-223-w-free-crush-washer

e8bb9429984f82f4ac481fb748643989.jpg

It is finally done.. Picking the X95 up now.. Waiting for NICS to come back..

I Love the way the Break looks...

I had the barrel cut down so it is 16.25" ... Their is no barrel even showing...

I hope to get to the range this weekend... If i do i post a range report after...

Very excited!!!!72e6c3046f3f32ca937f87e64cda4673.jpgdf4d5f2533bbe5417aafbe5bdc439656.jpgd67e7dd200daabd43e928090cad0ce35.jpg

That looks proper, very nice...

Why is there a television mounted on top? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

to watch "The Walking Dead"

I just ordered the replacement hand guard for the x95... It is only available in Black. I can use the FDE side panels I already have instead of the black side panels but that still leaves quite a bit of black showing.

Can anyone recommend an aerosol spray can product that will be a close match to IWI FDE? Perhaps Alumahide from Brownells or a duracoat/ceracote product?

Perhaps I could send the Black grip and one of the FDE side panels to a Cerakote shop for a custom match? Any recommendations on who and perhaps how much to expect?

I don't need it 100% perfect... Just don't want it to look amateur. I spent so much already on the gun I don't want to skimp now..

This video show how it looks two tone.... Does anyone think it looks acceptable as is? The gun does have black accents...

https://youtu.be/lc4uFgQEXTY

d45c8bd57567f589dcae2efdca515893.jpg