BlueLineFish

To Tavor or Not to Tavor

Finally got some time behind a Tavor a few weeks back:

I really like my MSAR, so its not a bullpup thing.

The Tavor felt cheap and unbalanced. I didn't like the way the recoil felt, or how the "switchology" was laid out. It just never clicked like the MSAR did.

Definitely not giving up my ARs though, not even for the MSAR.

It's a decent gun. As stated earlier the change in manual of arms is a BIG deal especially if you intend this to be more than a fun range toy. Having had some trigger time on it I gotta say the stock Tavor trigger is poopoo. Super mushy no noticeable take up and non tactile reset. The Timney aftermarket trigger does wonders for it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Isn't the length of pull pretty long on the tavor? How does it compare to an ar-15?

If you are referring to the trigger, then yes it is very different than an AR.  Most people who are disappointed with the trigger in a Tavor are those that expect that this bullpup have a similar tigger feel to our beloved black rifles.  There are two remedies to give it a feel that you are more familiar with.  The first is their are two return springs in the trigger pack.  Removing one makes the trigger substantially less mushy, not perfect but very good.  The second is Giesele now makes a full drop in trigger pack module for the Tavor and it's spectacular.  Well worth the investment IMHO.  

How is everyone liking theirs? I ordered one the other day

Love mine.  Big shout-out to Steve at Monmouth Arms for hooking me up with it.

I've upgraded with the Geiselle trigger pack *and* the Geiselle replacement trigger with adjustable slack (aka the "super sabra lightning bow").  I'm amazed that a bullpup trigger can work as well as this does.

Shawn, its a pain in the @$$ but you can have that break removed & put on another & still be legal length.....They put that long ass break to meet OAL in California

I put A2 birdcage break on mine to keep the original look

a759d6a086036190892862c3c8b3aec5.jpg

Do u live in NJ?

I cant stand that mepro sight for anything more than 25 yards. Its a fun and practical rifle for close qurters. Its hard to get used to especially locking the bolt back.

I completely agree....I really got ut cause I have an eotech & an aimpoint on other rifles and liked the IDF look