Dr.Jimmy Rustler

LWRC worth the money?

I'm sure a lot of you guys have heard of the deal that LWRC is currently running...

(well if you haven't they're giving away a free aimpoint T1 with every rifle that is sold)

https://www.lwrci.com/t-aimpointpromo.aspx

with this deal I'd say its comparable to getting the rifle for about what you'd get a similar complete BCM. I was interested in getting the 5.56 in the SPR with the 14.5" barrel. So far I have a 14.5" Spikes AR15 and a stag 16" upper. I'd consider selling the stag upper to help fund the LWRC and then just have two complete AR15s. As far as my collection goes I have the two AR15s, a dedicated .22 ar15 upper, a remington 700, highpoint 9mm carbine, and two pistols(G21+G19). Honestly I'm just curious what you guys think, I'm not sure if I'm just impulse buying with my tax return or If its a deal worth while. 

I've had the itch for something high end for awhile and I don't see any other platform of pistol in my future or any rifle calibers larger than .223 due to ammo prices. I also wonder what you guys would take between this and the SCAR 16 if i could find it priced comparable to this platform.

I have the 14.7 spr. Accuracy with 55 gr ammo sucks. They guarantee 2 moa. You need a heavier bullet like maybe 77 gr for better accuracy in their rifle. I just dont see other rifles with the same twist use 55 gr and cost half as much and are more accurate. Id go for the scar

I think the LWRC is slightly overrated. For that much money there are far more gooder rifles. JP, Lancer, Seekins, Custom build of your own design, and still have money left over to buy some kind of optic.

All valid points and to each their own. As for weights, they are no heavier than any of the better name brands. The M6 is 7.3lbs with any empty mag. My 20" REPR empty is 11.2 lbs empty, but you won't be running and gunning unless you throw a 16" upper on it, then the weight drops.

Outside all the false rumors, they are accurate.

Bottom line, you got the bucks, go for it. They are a good company to deal with. Their guns are good.

As for the Tavor, apples and oranges. I'd like a Tavor someday, but not before my list of AR style rifles.

My M6 target comparison compared to my early made Bushmaster is definitely much better and noticeable. You get what you pay for....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have the 14.7 spr. Accuracy with 55 gr ammo sucks. They guarantee 2 moa. You need a heavier bullet like maybe 77 gr for better accuracy in their rifle. I just dont see other rifles with the same twist use 55 gr and cost half as much and are more accurate. Id go for the scar

Well that sucks because i pretty much only shoot 55gr. 

Every LWRC rifle I have ever held felt like a boat anchor. If I had the choice, I would take a BCM rifle over a LWRC. Just my preference. 

I'll consider putting together a BCM upper then and just build a lower in that case.

I think the LWRC is slightly overrated. For that much money there are far more gooder rifles. JP, Lancer, Seekins, Custom build of your own design, and still have money left over to buy some kind of optic.

the whole idea of the rifle was to get the aimpoint for free ontop of the rifle. 

All valid points and to each their own. As for weights, they are no heavier than any of the better name brands. The M6 is 7.3lbs with any empty mag. My 20" REPR empty is 11.2 lbs empty, but you won't be running and gunning unless you throw a 16" upper on it, then the weight drops.

Outside all the false rumors, they are accurate.

Bottom line, you got the bucks, go for it. They are a good company to deal with. Their guns are good.

As for the Tavor, apples and oranges. I'd like a Tavor someday, but not before my list of AR style rifles.

My M6 target comparison compared to my early made Bushmaster is definitely much better and noticeable. You get what you pay for....

After all these responses I'm starting to reconsider what I want to buy next. 

I don't have my Cherry Ridge membership so I'm currently limited indoors to 50 yards so i havent been shooting my remington 700 much. My spikes ar15 only has the magpul furniture w a eotech and my stag is just irons w magpul furniture. starting to consider another pistol since im able to purchase another on the 31st but I don't know if I want to stray away from glock(have 19+21) but don't think i want any other glocks. can't make up my mind lol

/rant

I gotta say I disagree with the boat anchor comment. The 14.7 spr is the best balanced piston I ever held. I think ldub builds a fine weapon. If you want a piston AR I think you would be hard pressed to find a better option. That said a DI BCM or DD is a great product. So you need to really decide what you want. I can get 2 Moa with 77gr. But the rifle is a battle rifle not a precision rifle. The 20k life expectancy means more to me with a battle rifle then it's 1 or 2 Moa at 100yds. Again. Decide what you want.

The T1 2moa and mount are more. LWRC is running a special with their rifles if it hasn't been mentioned. Get a free T1.... If I had the bux, I'd buy another LWRC just to get the T1...

only if you need to have the aimpoint box and the mount they originally came with. if you want a daniel defense, ADM, larue, or bobro mount they have always been around $625 - $675 @ g&r tactical

Now that you mention it, I bought mine from Larue as a package deal with a 45 deg mount and T1...

Can't beat their deals sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk