tony357

kid buys a jeep..

Well it needed a lot of work, 1st was replacing the carb with a holley 2300 series 2bbl 500cfm. used our back up carb for the race boat and the gm conversion plate fit that i had..

Then it was running and shut off, well the wiring harness fried and took out the ignition and computer.. So i removed the engine harness and associated electronics. Installed a HEI conversion distributor and rewired the engine bay..

The transfer case had no oil in it and chain was bad. rear seal torn fluid would leak right out mikey removed the case installed new chain and resealed.

Tonight he is removing the balancer and changing the seal that leaks too..

I missed one wire and the blower has no power so i have to ohm that one out and hook it up..

I managed to ohm out all the gauge wires and hook them up to the senders so the tach, temp and oil gauge work. I wanted the factory gauges working.

The spagghetti

095_zpslumv3tpo.jpg

new harness in making.

094.jpg

096.jpg

HEI conversion dist.

The 1987-1991-1/2 model years still used the 258cid 4.2L.

I would have bought a 1992-95 with the 4.0L 242cid HO fuel injection. The intake manifold and injection from the 4.0L bolts up to the older 4.2L a few guys in my club have converted their older CJ's and pre 92 YJ'S just need the harness and ECU to go with the intake/throttle body.

I've had the same 1992 wrangler since high school in 1994. Wheeling it for 20 years.

The carb will be a problem when wheeling, fuel slosh, off camber angles and carborators aren't friends. But nice work getting it all together. Looks like he's already having fun with it.

Deer slayer those 90 jeeps are all rusted out they had bad metal.. And i would rather have the holley carb..

Mine has zero rust, (Except my windshield frame I replaced) but I've always taken good care of mine from the beginning. The 95 was the best year, the metal was galvanized. I don't really have much against carbs. Just a little more difficult to get through emissions test. And yeah I would take a Holly, over the factory webber nightmare they came with.

shock towers and frames seemed to be the worse rusted area's on the ones we looked at.. Kids phone has some pics..Jersey jeepers ill have to check them out..

www.jerseyjeepers.org

The frames go in the very back and up front near the steering box usually. Also the cross brace in the back where the gas tank skidplate attaches.