Sign in to follow this  
Blindshooter

Current law/process on getting an non-nj resident permit

Does anyone know how if possible I might be able to get a non-nj resident gun permit? Thanks for the info!

A handgun carry permit is unobtainable by any normal person. NJ is a "No issue" state contrary to their claims of being "may issue"

If you're looking to aquire a NJ non resident Firearms Purchaser Identification card (FPID), as a non resident you must apply at any NJ State Police Baracks. This will allow you to purchase handgun ammo and transport long guns while visiting, without having to follow NJ's "reasonable deviation" clause between exempt locations only. Even with the card issued handguns may only be transported directly from your home state to a range here then directly back home, no stopping along the way, unless your a lawyer and can interpret what constitutes as a "reasonable deviation" there's no legal definition within NJ law.

All the information your looking for is contained in this website www.njsp.org

This NJ2AS video is about 10 minutes long, and basically gives a quick overview of our gun laws. It's worth watching if your considering transporting firearms into this state. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5fC2iu3CTPc

Does anyone know how if possible I might be able to get a non-nj resident gun permit?  Thanks for the info!

DeerSlayer is correct about applying for a non-resident NJFID.  May I suggest that since you travel from NYC to Anthony's, that you visit NJSP Troop B Headquarters in Totowa, NJ?  They have a Facebook Page, so address info, map, directions, etc. are all on their fb page....

Dave

Don't be surprised if the troopers in the station tell you that you can't get a NJ FPID card. You may need to be a little insistent with them, I've had other people from NY tell me they were turned away by when the tried to obtain NJ FPID cards, but NJ law definitely does allow for non residents to get them. If they ask why you want it, tell them that you shoot in NJ and need it to buy ammo. You are required to go to the "nearest" NJSP barracks to where you live, I don't know if they count the stations on GSP or Turnpike (since they don't really deal with general policing), or if Totowa would be the one to go to - Totowa is the northern regional HQ anyway.