MidwestPX

15rd Magpul Glock 17 mag update

We're waiting on host magazines with corrected bodies to come in but we'll be shipping 15rd Glock 17 Magpul mags to dealers soon. The wholesale backorder list is pretty deep already and once we're through it, they'll be available through our webstore as well. Like our AR and AK mags, these will be internally blocked and baseplates affixed to prevent disassembly.

Are these steel insert, drop free mags, like OEM Glock?   If so...NICE!

Magpul mags are 100% polymer.  They do drop free even (loaded, partially loaded, unloaded) though they weigh noticeably less than the OEM Glock mags.  I thought maybe they'd have swelling/bulging issues like the KCI mags but it seems the walls are thicker and polymer is tougher (same polymer as the gen 3 AR mags) than the KCIs.

We have a couple more Glocks coming to round out reliability testing. Once we're done, these will have been put through the following:

Gen 2: 17

Gen 3: 17, 19, 26, 34

Gen 4: 17, 19, 26

While I don't anticipate any issues, I do want to be thorough before making these available.

Testing has concluded. It's a good thing we live fire before releasing because the first block, while perfect when first assembled, didn't quite make it through the live fire testing. We found that the spring could settle and allow a 16th round. It only happened in one of the test mags but that was enough. We lengthened the block slightly and the mags still hold 15 rounds, will load against a closed slide, do not bulge and drop free when fully loaded, empty, or any permutation in between. They still lock in positively with audible feedback. Personally, I can't tell the difference between inserting a modified mag and an unmodified one.

Our current inventory is spoken for and is being shipped to Joe Bob Outfitters, Howell Gun Works, and Shore Shot Pistol Range. once we get through all the wholesale backorders, we'll open up for direct orders but until then, please see your dealer of choice to purchase.