koontz946

For anyone who works at heights

Once you understand that a 6' fall can make you just as dead as a 1300' fall, it's all the same (at least in my opinion)

I have fallen 6' more than once with no injuries.

Don't think falling from 1300' would be quite the same.

Don't really have a fear of heights and watched the video with no problem.. Still wouldn't get my ass up that tower.

wanna hear something funny? i took a job working for a communications company. dude asked me if i were afraid of heights. i told him we'd find out. we did. i am. we went up on barclay towers in cherry hill to mount antennas. i had to go to the edge of the roof to drop a rope to haul the ladders up(too big to fit in the sevice elevator). i couldn't get to the edge. i pretty much froze. almost pissed myself. yea, it was that bad.

now the funny part. i fly. i have no problem whatsoever in an airplane. i've circled atco raceway, watching races. i've rode back seat as mission scanner in CAP looking for a downed helicopter. 1,000ft at 70kts in a slip so i could get a good look down through the tree canopy. no problems. but i couldn't #$% get to the edge of a roof.  power on and power off stalls at 4,000ft no problem. turning stalls, no problem. unusual attitude recovery at 2,000ft, no problem. but i can't get to the edge of a dam roof.

Next time you're in Toronto, Ontario go up to the observation deck in the CN Tower.

There's a section of plexiglass floor.

I couldn't step foot on it. Scared sh1tless looking down.

But both my daughters had no problems at all.

http://www.cntower.ca/en-ca/plan-your-visit/attractions/glass-floor.html

I got up on the roof of my house about 20 years ago about 30 feet and a steep pitch. No problem getting up there but when I had to come down, I froze and told my wife to call the fire department!!!

My wife's brother came up and talked me down. NEVER AGAIN!!!!  I won't even do the Christmas lights anymore!  F@#K ladders! My ass stays on the ground.

Funny thing, when I was a kid I climbed up on a lot of roofs and tall trees but not anymore!  When a TV show shows what an actor sees as he walks to the edge of of a building roof and looks down,

I can't even watch! What a pu$$y I became in my old age!!!!!!!!!

Next time you're in Toronto, Ontario go up to the observation deck in the CN Tower.

There's a section of plexiglass floor.

I've done the CN tower glass floor... kinda scary but not too bad.

I've also done the X-Scream (~866 feet high) and BigShot  (~1000 feet high) rides at the top of the Stratosphere in Las Vegas.   Probably wouldn't do those again  ;)