younggun93

DDI stamped ak nj legal?

One step closer to being a nogo. However, the receiver is GTG, as only the rifles are banned.

care to explain this a little?

I was under the impression that if it said "ak47" anywhere on it, that automatically made it "identical" to an ak and therefor a nogo

same way an ar-15 cant say ar-15 on it

care to explain this a little?

I was under the impression that if it said "ak47" anywhere on it, that automatically made it "identical" to an ak and therefor a nogo

same way an ar-15 cant say ar-15 on it

The law does not say that the AK-47 is illegal. It states "Avtomat Kalashnikov type semi-automatic firearms" are illegal.

DDI confirmed their receivers model# is "47S".

No mention of the "AK" portion. Do you guys think this would pass for NJ?

DDI is building up a great reputation in the AK community and widely known for outstanding customer service.

Why not a thumbhole stock ban rifle? Mak90, sa85m? Saiga conservation with magpul furniture? the o-pap's are a sweet deal.

PSA has ak in the serial number and they havnt allowed nj shipments yet. There are plenty of options, while a ddi Polish built parts kit is cool, there are factory built rifles floating around for a fair price and the last of their kind to be imported.

DDI confirmed their receivers model# is "47S".

No mention of the "AK" portion. Do you guys think this would pass for NJ?

DDI is building up a great reputation in the AK community and widely known for outstanding customer service.

Sorry for the awful pic.

post-1314-0-88589600-1447090085_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the pic, Paul.  I'm hoping these are OK for jersey.  They're about to release a new line of 74's that I'm interested in.

Magpul is also announcing a new line of mags for the 74 at Shotshow

exciting news for the 74 market :)

I have a couple e-mails from them where they said it said "AK 47"  Did they change the roll mark? 

I have an e-mail from Steve D at DDI "Yes the stamped has AK47 and the milled has AK-47"  The E-mail exchange was July 17.  Maybe the changed it?

Yeah DDI confirmed the change to me a few days ago.  Not sure about the milled AK, but the stamped one doesn't have the AK part anymore.

The newer receivers should be "47S" and "74S" respectively now for the stamped variants.

RobSki @ AKOU promoted the hell outta DDI and I've seen a ton of great reviews.  They're also becoming well known for really outstanding CS.

Yeah DDI confirmed the change to me a few days ago.  Not sure about the milled AK, but the stamped one doesn't have the AK part anymore.

The newer receivers should be "47S" and "74S" respectively now for the stamped variants.

RobSki @ AKOU promoted the hell outta DDI and I've seen a ton of great reviews.  They're also becoming well known for really outstanding CS.

Freakin' sweet!  Now, wonder if the models Atlantic Firearms have are the changed ones.  They have a nice wood furniture model I would love to make my first AK. Just need someone to take off the bayo lug and pin the slant brake.

So, Vlad, every FFL and every person in NJ who owns something that looks like what Mr Kalashnikov supposedly invented is a felon? That sucks.  

find a dealer to sell you a "NJ legal" m1 carbine type that is not stamped "m1 carbine"

I don't know why AK variant appears to fall through the cracks.. but that IS how it is written.. "AK TYPE".. so yes per the guideline ALL "AK TYPE" guns are banned.. 

find a dealer to sell you a "NJ legal" m1 carbine type that is not stamped "m1 carbine"

I don't know why AK variant appears to fall through the cracks.. but that IS how it is written.. "AK TYPE".. so yes per the guideline ALL "AK TYPE" guns are banned.. 

Does that mean that the hidden item in the below pic might have been illegal? :laugh:

post-1314-0-21064400-1447382412_thumb.jpg

Perhaps they purposely let them fall though the cracks for a reason!!!