Inplainsight

CZ-75 SP-01 Tactical

RTSP did if for me fairly cheaply when I bought my first CZ.  The darn mags were all 16 rounds, one freakin round too much.  CZ used to offer 15, but then eliminated them and only had 16, but now they are offering 15 again.

When I was looking for a CZ P01 at first Steve couldn't track one down. I looked high and low online to no avail. Few days later Steve contacted me and told me he had found one. Had it a few days later.

Follow up with him, let him know your serious about purchasing it and ask him to track one down for you. He'll find it.

About 6 months ago I was looking for a spo1 and couldn't find one anywhere, Steve looked for me for about a month. My permit was getting close to expire and instead of extending it I went with a 75 B/D and have no regrets. Congrats at finding it, they are beautiful guns.

Hello,

Does anyone know where I can buy a new one in NJ? Also, can someone recommend a gunsmith near Clifton, NJ were I could have hi-cap handgun magazines shipped and pinned?

Thanks,

Kandarp 

Just shop around for the 14 or 15 round mag. That's what I did. The $$ you spend on pinning isn't worth it.

Careful with the CZ's. They grow on you fast. Started with. Accu-Shadow, loved it. So why not try a PCR, loved it. Then 97, loved it. Rami and P-09 that's 5 CZ's in a year. Almost a addiction. I need to stop applying for permits.

I hope I don't catch that bug, the Mrs will kick me out of the house!

Hey sorry for reviving a very old thread, but I am in the market for a CZ SP-01 Tactical and it appears the 15 rounders have been discontinued. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Would you recommend getting the regular 18 round mags and getting them pinned or just getting the gun with 10 round mags (since we will prob be lowered to 10 rounds soon anyway)

Also, will vendors ship a gun with 18 round mags to a NJ FFL? Thanks!

edit: ok I think I found 15 rounds mags here: http://gregcotellc.com/cart/cz-factory-mecgar-magazines-c-173/cz-75b-cz-75bd-c75b-sa-85b-85-combat-sp01-15-rd-9mm-11100-p-1447.html

but my question remains: should I get the 10 round version in case we are dropped after the election? Or the 18s and either have them pinned or sell them somehow to fund more 15s?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Inplainsight said:

Get the 15 rounder, you can get rid of those and get 10 rounders IF and when that law is passed.

Wow, im not getting rid of shit.  But you can surrender whatever you want

21 hours ago, stuckinNJ said:

Hey sorry for reviving a very old thread, but I am in the market for a CZ SP-01 Tactical and it appears the 15 rounders have been discontinued. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Would you recommend getting the regular 18 round mags and getting them pinned or just getting the gun with 10 round mags (since we will prob be lowered to 10 rounds soon anyway)

Also, will vendors ship a gun with 18 round mags to a NJ FFL? Thanks!

edit: ok I think I found 15 rounds mags here: http://gregcotellc.com/cart/cz-factory-mecgar-magazines-c-173/cz-75b-cz-75bd-c75b-sa-85b-85-combat-sp01-15-rd-9mm-11100-p-1447.html

but my question remains: should I get the 10 round version in case we are dropped after the election? Or the 18s and either have them pinned or sell them somehow to fund more 15s?

I recently bought the SP-01 tactical with 18 round mags pinned to 15.  They gave me a piece of paper with my purchase certifying they were pinned to 15 rounds in NJ.  Get the 15 round mags if you can, don't worry about the 10's.  Good luck!

4 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

Wow, im not getting rid of shit.  But you can surrender whatever you want

I mean, it's just not worth it to me to mess around with a state so bent on making examples out of normal law abiding gun owners. But theoretically, once you're disregarding the mag limit, this whole discussion is irrelevant.

8 hours ago, stuckinNJ said:

I mean, it's just not worth it to me to mess around with a state so bent on making examples out of normal law abiding gun owners. But theoretically, once you're disregarding the mag limit, this whole discussion is irrelevant.

If it isn't worth it to you, then just sell your guns and find another hobby.  I'm not only trying to save MY rights, but also trying to save my kids rights.  And their kids.  And so on.  

• Like 2

Yeah, smart Ray.

Let's have a fellow shooter sell his guns because he doesn't want to break the law and he isn't as "radical" as you are. You are always talking about eating our own, but you have the biggest fork out there.

Jesus Christ.

Every gun owner has their limit on what they are comfortable doing. 

Not every gun owner has the 2A as their top political priority.

Some gun owners just like to shoot. They don't care if they have 10, 15, 30 rounds in their mag. They aren't political. But they are still exercising their 2A rights. Who are you to tell them they should get rid of their guns. That's playing right into the Antis hands. 

He isn't taking anything away from you. Hes not turning in your mags. He's just not comfortable risking his money or freedom on keeping items made illegal by bad laws. Like it or not, until you have your revolution, the laws still apply. You don't have to agree with them, but you have to suffer the consequences if you are caught violating them.

StuckinNJ has every RIGHT to follow what he thinks is the correct course of action for him, no matter how much you tell him he's wrong. That's the very definition of liberty in practice. 

Hes doing his part. He's a gun owner. He's a shooter. Not everyone can, or is willing, to go full on "Cold dead hands". That doesn't make their membership any less important in the 2A fight than anyone else's.

We need every gun owner we can get right now. Don't isolate one because they are uncomfortable risking what they have. More importantly, don't turn a lawful gun owner into a spokesman the antis by being a dickhead.

That's shortsighted and stupid.

• Like 4

It has nothing to do with how political I am. I'm just as upset about our restrictions as anyone else but I'm not gonna fight it by illegally possessing mags over 15. I fight the best I can by donating to 2A groups here as well as voting.

I don't understand what my pistol mags have to do with your children's rights. And alienating any shooter, or as you put it, pushing one to quit the hobby entirely, will only hurt your little revolution. 

Pretty crazy how I post one simple question and quickly get attacked by some anonymous nut job for trying to keep my mags at 15

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stuckinNJ said:

It has nothing to do with how political I am. I'm just as upset about our restrictions as anyone else but I'm not gonna fight it by illegally possessing mags over 15. I fight the best I can by donating to 2A groups here as well as voting.

I don't understand what my pistol mags have to do with your children's rights. And alienating any shooter, or as you put it, pushing one to quit the hobby entirely, will only hurt your little revolution. 

Pretty crazy how I post one simple question and quickly get attacked by some anonymous nut job for trying to keep my mags at 15

2 years ago I got a GREAT deal with 2x 18rnd mags. I had those shipped over to Steve who didn't charge an arm and a leg for the pinning. A few months later i stumbled across another good deal for 10 round mags for this gun bought 4 of those.

Since I only shoot this at the range, the 10 rounders really don't bother me. I honestly don't see how that impedes my 2A rights or those of my kids. 

Ultimately, It's your money and your decision, get the 10 if that makes sense to you. I don't think that your specific purchase will be used as an example to justify reducing the mag capacity in NJ.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, High Exposure said:

Yeah, smart Ray.

Let's have a fellow shooter sell his guns because he doesn't want to break the law and he isn't as "radical" as you are. You are always talking about eating our own, but you have the biggest fork out there.

Jesus Christ.

Every gun owner has their limit on what they are comfortable doing. 

Not every gun owner has the 2A as their top political priority.

Some gun owners just like to shoot. They don't care if they have 10, 15, 30 rounds in their mag. They aren't political. But they are still exercising their 2A rights. Who are you to tell them they should get rid of their guns. That's playing right into the Antis hands. 

He isn't taking anything away from you. Hes not turning in your mags. He's just not comfortable risking his money or freedom on keeping items made illegal by bad laws. Like it or not, until you have your revolution, the laws still apply. You don't have to agree with them, but you have to suffer the consequences if you are caught violating them.

StuckinNJ has every RIGHT to follow what he thinks is the correct course of action for him, no matter how much you tell him he's wrong. That's the very definition of liberty in practice. 

Hes doing his part. He's a gun owner. He's a shooter. Not everyone can, or is willing, to go full on "Cold dead hands". That doesn't make their membership any less important in the 2A fight than anyone else's.

We need every gun owner we can get right now. Don't isolate one because they are uncomfortable risking what they have. More importantly, don't turn a lawful gun owner into a spokesman the antis by being a dickhead.

That's shortsighted and stupid.

Software driven hardware purchases ok.

It's not quite that simple Zeke. You can't turn someone's comfort level with a topic that has such dire consequences, whether you happen to run afoul of either the law or safety, into a mere soundbite.

He knows if the law changes he will comply - it is his decision and nothing is wrong with that.

He doesn't want to spend money twice to buy new mags, so he is looking ahead. Good for him.

StuckinNJ's choices are not yours or mine to make - as in the end, he is taking responsibility for them. They may not be the choices you or I would make, and again that OK.

At the end of the day he is literally our brother in arms - a gun owner, a shooter, a  fellow community/forum member, an American, a proponent of the 2A who gives to the cause by his very act of even owning a gun.

He is a gun owner who comfortable doing what he's doing. He has made his decision on how he will proceed following a personal cost/benefit analysis. His decision should be respected - even if you disagree. Period. Full stop.

Respectful and persuasive discussion or debate and conversation is one thing. 

To tell him to just sell his guns and find a new hobby because his choices differ from anyone else's is total bullshit.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

It's not quite that simple Zeke. You can't turn someone's comfort level with a topic that has such dire consequences, whether you happen to run afoul of either the law or safety, into a mere soundbite.

He knows if the law changes he will comply - it is his decision and nothing is wrong with that.

He doesn't want to spend money twice to buy new mags, so he is looking ahead. Good for him.

StuckinNJ's choices are not yours or mine to make - as in the end, he is taking responsibility for them. They may not be the choices you or I would make, and again that OK.

At the end of the day he is literally our brother in arms - a gun owner, a shooter, a  fellow community/forum member, an American, a proponent of the 2A who gives to the cause by his very act of even owning a gun.

He is a gun owner who comfortable doing what he's doing. He has made his decision on how he will proceed following a personal cost/benefit analysis. His decision should be respected - even if you disagree. Period. Full stop.

Respectful and persuasive discussion or debate and conversation is one thing. 

To tell him to just sell his guns and find a new hobby because his choices differ from anyone else's is total bullshit.

I'm curious how anyone is assured it's 10. Vs say another arbitrary number like 7? Or 6 or 1.

Point being, it ain't happened. It's not even on the table! And it should not be if we," we are the state", do are due diligence. 

But we digress.

I understand the CZ is a fine pistol. I don't believe you can go wrong purchasing that firearm.

• Like 1