Jim Norman

3-Gun @ Old Bridge June 28thRe

Hi everyone, I have a few questions for ya's! I wanted to know if we have a round count for each gun figured out? Are we going to need to shoot slugs and buckshot? If so I have to bring another shotgun, my favorite has a poly on it and not slug friendly! Will I be ok with 10 round mags for the AR? Thanks for letting me pick your brains!!  

Lisa    :maninlove:

Someone sent me this;

Preliminary round count for the June 3 Gun is as follows – Pistol – 70, Rifle – 70, Birdshot – 50 and 2 Slugs, no buckshot. As this count is preliminary, recommendations would be to bring at least double this amount as stages may change during the final build. Additionally, you will need a rifle sling for at least one stage.

Someone sent me this;

Preliminary round count for the June 3 Gun is as follows – Pistol – 70, Rifle – 70, Birdshot – 50 and 2 Slugs, no buckshot. As this count is preliminary, recommendations would be to bring at least double this amount as stages may change during the final build. Additionally, you will need a rifle sling for at least one stage.

Posted Image

Are these shells ok? I have 100 of these and then only buckshot. I've plenty to slugs.

I will bring 6 15rd mags and happy to let other members in my squad use.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

fe793a5761df83eac6e0b45d20904588.jpg

Are these shells ok? I have 100 of these and then only buckshot. I've plenty to slugs.

I will bring 6 15rd mags and happy to let other members in my squad use.

What #shot 7, 8, 9? If so its as the kids say GTG

Match set up starts between 7 and 7:30, all help is always appreciated.

Sign up opens usually by 8:30. Builders are encouraged to sign up as soon as sign-up opens.

New shooters need to be on site no later than 0900 for the Safety Check. This is mandatory. If you have not shot USPSA, IDPA or Multi-Gun please let us know when you arrive. You will get a quick briefing of he general safety rules. At each stage you will also be coached as needed for safety.

Thanks for a great first 3-Gun everyone. I had an amazing time and glad people could understand ones English accent :-). Looking forward to the next match already and must order some shell holders and AR mag pouches.

You were in the correct division, Tac Optics. 

TO = Tac Optics = single optic on rifle (variable), no optic on shotgun (semi), no optic on pistol

Open = everything goes

PCC = Pistol Caliber Carbine, as the name suggests a pistol caliber rifle, otherwise like TO

PO = Pump Optics = like TO but a pump shotgun instead of a semi-auto

TI = Tactical Irons = like TO but only a 1x optic on the rifle, or iron sights

PI = Pump Irons = Like TI, but with pump shotgun instead of semi-auto. 

It should be noted that Old Bridge is being very kind here by adding a couple of divisions for people with odd gear. Normally 3gun rules account for TI, TO, Open, and maybe Heavy (.308 type rifles, sometimes with pump shotguns, sometimes not).  Usually you won't see divisions for pistol caliber carbines, or pump shotguns. 

To everyone reading the scores and wondering...

The times are entered when you shoot. i do not re-enter any data. If you have a missing score or an incorrect time or number of penalties, there is really nothing I can do to change it unless the error is obvious, say 1000 seconds instead of 100, or some absolutely ridiculous number of penalties. There it may be an extra zero added and if that seems to make sense, we can correct it. Same for a unbelievable short time, 6.95 seconds might be really 69.50 seconds.

It is very importanant that you look at the score before you leave the stage, ideally immediately after your run, before the timer is reset for the next shooter.

If you simply assume the other guy got the entry right, that is your score. Same if they don't enter a score. You shoot, the RO calls out to teh guy that is SUPPOSED to be running the NST, but he is off doinng what ever and your score doesn't get entered. I cannot make up a score.

So here is the mantra;

LOOK at the NOOK!

Thank you.

I do hope everyone enjoyed themselves and we all look forward to our next match,

July and August will be regular USPSA Matches, September will likely be another 3-Gun.

Do keeep in mind that the last Sunday in August is the PCC Guys, Carmine only match. 5-7 stages of action carbine.

Thank you and good night.