AMScott

Do I have "Justifiable Need" ???

Several months ago a guy threatened to kill me by running me down with his truck, Then he actually tried to follow through. The whole event was recorded on security cameras. I have the video. Lawyer hired, charges filed and court date set.... This is not the first time this guy has attempted to or threatened me with harm and this is not my first time charging him..... This is the first time I thought I may actually be physically hurt... Is this "Justifiable Need" ?????

Only one person can give you an answer to that question. It's the judge you're going to stand before after you apply.

My personal opinion is yes, we all have justifiable need. But what we think really dosent matter in this state unfortunately.

Why did this guy want to run you over anyway? You must have done something to piss him off lol... I'm glad for you, he wasn't successful.

Why is the guy pissed of at me???? Money...... I own a nice sized commercial property next to his.   He wanted to buy it for $250,000.00 .... It's appraised at $750,000.00. It is right next to his property... I rented the complex to one of his competitors and it has hurt his business..... Not my problem..... Trying to run me over is a problem !!! Now he is looking at possible jail.... His lawyer has called several times to attempt to cut a deal.....  There are no deals......

Why is the guy pissed of at me???? Money...... I own a nice sized commercial property next to his. He wanted to buy it for $250,000.00 .... It's appraised at $750,000.00. It is right next to his property... I rented the complex to one of his competitors and it has hurt his business..... Not my problem..... Trying to run me over is a problem !!! Now he is looking at possible jail.... His lawyer has called several times to attempt to cut a deal..... There are no deals......

Lol what a tool... definitely an unstable person, he belongs in jail if that's his answer to a sinking business. Like killing you would actually solve his problems, he should have just burnt your shit down hahha.... now that would have been a solution :lol:

All kidding aside, if I were you I would apply. Worst case scenario they deny you and you join the Almeida lawsuit. And possibly the SAPPA initiative.

WELL, you know.....all of this wouldn't have happened if only they'd made it illegal to run someone over with a car or truck.

It would only not have happened if they made issuance of a driver's license, available only by means of showing "Justifiable need" to obtain one.....

Why is the guy pissed of at me???? Money...... I own a nice sized commercial property next to his.   He wanted to buy it for $250,000.00 .... It's appraised at $750,000.00. It is right next to his property... I rented the complex to one of his competitors and it has hurt his business..... Not my problem..... Trying to run me over is a problem !!! Now he is looking at possible jail.... His lawyer has called several times to attempt to cut a deal.....  There are no deals......

you're not thinking this thru...if he's in jail he's not a threat.....application denied! j/k, sort of...

I would never want to dissuade anyone from perusing their Second Amendment rights, but I have seen others with documented attempts/threats on their life be denied. I agree with the others that political connections are the ONLY way you get a permit in NJ. An "ordinary" citizen will never have justifiable need until the requirement is struck down or self-defense is allowed.

When it's over, file a suit and try to get his property.... so you could expand yours.

Now there's some justice.....

Cops do not write laws or define justifiable need. Would you please explain your rationale why the carry permit situation in NJ is the way it is because of cops?

The cleo can approve it. They don't and they are police officers. Simple enough?

Not all CLEOs are anti 2A and CC!  Our problem is the judges, even if they are pro 2A, they have to follow PRNJ's Justifiable Need clause!!!

As I have said before, SCOTUS is our only hope! We need to pray that Obama does not get the opportunity to appoint another Justice and that our next President is not Hillary Clinton!!!!

Then and only then do the people of the PRNJ have a chance for CC!

The cleo can approve it. They don't and they are police officers. Simple enough?

If you read the post I was questioning it was referring to the police as plural not CLEOS. Many people want the police only to buy ice cream cones for lost children and help old ladies cross the street. The fact is there are times you want the police to "dominate and control". That is a topic for another thread.

My response to your post is covered by post #42 & #43. Redefining justifiable need is a finger in the dike as it can be redefined at a later date. We need a new statute covering carry permits in NJ.

Simple enough?

Not all CLEOs are anti 2A and CC!  Our problem is the judges, even if they are pro 2A, they have to follow PRNJ's Justifiable Need clause!!!

As I have said before, SCOTUS is our only hope! We need to pray that Obama does not get the opportunity to appoint another Justice and that our next President is not Hillary Clinton!!!!

Then and only then do the people of the PRNJ have a chance for CC!

now that i also disagree with. judges have proven time and again, that they don't actually have to follow the law. they need only opine something different, and it's good as gold.

now that i also disagree with. judges have proven time and again, that they don't actually have to follow the law. they need only opine something different, and it's good as gold.

Do you really think that a Judge will grant a CC permit to a person who does not meet the standards for Justifiable Need??? That is my point  above!

The only exception is if you know someone in power .

Do you really think that a Judge will grant a CC permit to a person who does not meet the standards for Justifiable Need??? That is my point  above!

The only exception is if you know someone in power .

my point was that you said they have to follow the laws, when they have proven time and again that they do not in fact have to follow the laws. they simply interpret or opine differently, and walah!

I would think you have justifiable need! Please apply for a concealed carry permit. The guy that threatened you/tried to kill you is crazy. Even if he goes to jail, and especially if he does, you don't know who else he knows that might try to hurt you. If they (the state) deny you, it is only one more thing making our state the laughing stock of the United States! This all needs to be documented and gotten out to the public in NJ and elsewhere.

It doesn't mean what a literate logical person would think it means. As already stated, "justifiable need" is better defined as "have political connections".

It truly is as simple as that.

NJ wants you to be a victim. They need people to rely on them, government. Anything to the contrary is either made illegal, or met with hostility. So things like defending yourself? That is right out. Call a cop. If the criminal trying to kill you fails they will respond in time to finish the job. 

Seems that NJ will want you to actually be run over first and survive. In the case of domestic Violence it seems that NJ will allow you to get a CCW to prevent harm from just one person. I wonder if they will do the same for a non DV situation to allow protection against one person only.

Seems that NJ will want you to actually be run over first and survive. In the case of domestic Violence it seems that NJ will allow you to get a CCW to prevent harm from just one person. I wonder if they will do the same for a non DV situation to allow protection against one person only.

Not sure, but could imagine a situation where you got your 1 person based CCW permit... Then had to defend your life against some other thug and the judge claimed your actions were not legal since you used your CCW against someone other than the person used as your justifiable reason.

Yeah, i think these judges are that effed up.