Sign in to follow this  
NJKen

Giraud annealer soon to be released, induction annealer!

This is the end all of precision annealing.  This takes all the setup issues of using a gas torch away.  The biggest issue is repeatability.  When you change calibers it takes a while to get it set up rite again.  With this setup you just have to change the wheels and set the time in the controller and go.

Where do I sign up for one!?  Take my money Doug!

Ken

You did the same research I did T Bill!  Im sure it will be that or more from Giraud. I like the simplicity of the Giraud though.  Load up a stack of brass, set it, turn it on, walk away!  I have his regular propane annealer rite now and I love it.  I just hate re setting it up every time I change calibers.  Ill buy it as an upgrade from them as soon as it becomes available. 

Ken

The Giraud trimmer is a 3way trimmer.  It trimms length based on the shoulder, puts a 15degree chamfer on the inside of the case mouth, and puts a 45degree chamfer on the outside edge of the case mouth.  3 steps all in one operation.

Ken

I have the full Giraud trimmer setup for my .223 cases

When I first started reloading, I was using the Possum Hollow hand-crank lathe trimmer.

After doing 1000 cases, I said to myself "Self, enough of this shit. My hand is going to fall off my arm"

So I bit the bullet and spent the (then) $400 for the Giraud.

I had 8000 more zombie cases to prep, not counting the ongoing prep of match brass, so for 5c each, it was well worth it for me.

No regrets to this day on the buy.