mipafox

Will this milk kill me?

I have whole milk with a Sell By date of April 23. I opened it around that time and used about 3 cups out of it. Now I need milk and this is all I have. I opened it and it has no smell. I might be able to distinguish it from fresh in a blindfolded test, but it doesn't actually smell sour. I want to use it to make a roux and a bechamel sauce.

Will it kill me?

BTW, if you are one of the people around here that want me dead, don't bother chiming in :)

smell is ok, next step is taste

I don't think the taste is perfect. Or maybe my mind is playing tricks on me because you guys are scaring me. It does not taste sour at all. It just tastes a little less "milky" than I think it could.

I think it would be safe to make a sauce but if I am going to get creeped out by it then it's not worth it. I've got until about 2000 to decide but I'm thinking no.

Realistically, if it doesn't smell bad and you're also cooking it, you'll be fine. Those are SELL BUY dates, it's not instantly bad the day the label says. A month is a bit more then I would test but it's close to what I've used for coffee in the past. If you're not dead yet I'm sure it was fine :p

Personally, I have fetish about spoiled milk! Honestly, if is has no sour odor or taste. My guess is your fridge is a bit colder than most and therefore the milk is still good to consume!

Trust me! I most certainly don't want you sick or dead!!! This place would NOT be as interesting and informative without you! Plus I enjoy arguing with you at times even though you refuse to admit

when you lose!!!!!!!

Realistically, if it doesn't smell bad and you're also cooking it, you'll be fine. Those are SELL BUY dates, it's not instantly bad the day the label says. A month is a bit more then I would test but it's close to what I've used for coffee in the past. If you're not dead yet I'm sure it was fine :p

I think mipa is messing with us on this one! Milk does not last a month past it's use by date! I will however defend his Constitutional right to consume spoiled milk!!!

Remember the TV series "Alien Nation"?  They got drunk drinking spoiled milk!  Ask mipafox to show his birth certificate, just in case!!!

Better yet, just put his big boy pants on and drink it. :facepalm: (Can't believe the questions that come up here...egadz)... Did you know your toilet paper has a used by date so people can't horde it? If you use outdated TP, your arse will become inflamed and start puckering butter milk. Which also has a use by date. Ugh. BTW, you have two different color socks on today and all your mags are loaded backwards. Which reminds me, your ammo has a used by date too. Shooting outdated ammo backwards will assuredly just go boom in your face.

Better stick to MREs, which really have a long used by date.

Cheers... Mipa's new nickname: Mr. Curdles...

Put pants on and go to the nearest gas station to buy the smallest overpriced carton of milk you need.  This is really about not wanting to put pants on, isn't it?