Sign in to follow this  
captblue1

Criminal History Check

The non-criminal history check (SP212A hard copy) is now done on-line and submitted directly to the NJSP - SBI. Fee is now $20 and you'll need a credit card.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

The non-criminal history check (SP212A hard copy) is now done on-line and submitted directly to the NJSP - SBI. Fee is now $20 and you'll need a credit card.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

How do you pay if you do not have a credit card? Nothing like more inconveniences for law abiding citizens.

I need to update my address too next week. Have to do everything all over again and I just got my original fid in January of 14. Since I'm not changing towns and its the same PD hopefully its quick and they don't make me fingerprint again.

only time you need fingerprints is for initial one. I just submitted my change of address to njsp in hamilton. they said it would be 3-4 months. Plus i have to pay before i pick up my pistol permits and they gave me the old mental heath check form so i need to go fill out the new one.... this state sucks ass.

Let me clarify.  I picked up the paperwork at the PD.  I did the online background check, paid and recieved the email.  I never called the PD to set up an appointment to drop everything off.  Do I have to pay again?  we are talking months.  I think it was around Christmas. 

So, back to the original question, how long is the check good for?

This is the question.

How do you pay if you do not have a credit card? Nothing like more inconveniences for law abiding citizens.

Electronic check. Basically your banks routing number and your checking account number. The routing number is in your checks and deposit slips before the account number along the bottom.

Then you're screwed. How do you pay your bills--money orders? Get s friend with a checking account and give him/her the 20 bucks to deposit.

What century do you live in?

What does it matter? Why should the government inconvenience this citizen for a bs hurdle in their attempt to restrict their second amendment rights?

What does it matter? Why should the government inconvenience this citizen for a bs hurdle in their attempt to restrict their second amendment rights?

That's not what I mean. How do you pay bills without a bank account or a credit card?

Let me clarify. I picked up the paperwork at the PD. I did the online background check, paid and recieved the email. I never called the PD to set up an appointment to drop everything off. Do I have to pay again? we are talking months. I think it was around Christmas.

This is the question.

You town requires an appointment to hand them a piece of paper? Unbelievable... the woman in my town is there 4 days a week until 4pm. Can just walk in and hand them my application anytime she's there.

You town requires an appointment to hand them a piece of paper? Unbelievable... the woman in my town is there 4 days a week until 4pm. Can just walk in and hand them my application anytime she's there.

My town accepts apps about 3 days per month.  2 during business hours.  1 that goes until 7pm.  They have a retired LEO handling the paperwork.  That's when he's there.  They accept it at no other time.

My town accepts apps about 3 days per month. 2 during business hours. 1 that goes until 7pm. They have a retired LEO handling the paperwork. That's when he's there. They accept it at no other time.

How convenient, I would be having a discussion with my mayor. Mine is pro gun luckily, probably why she and I don't need to have that conversation. The majority of Sussex County is pro gun. Another reason I live here.

And lets not forget COMPLETELY ILLEGAL!!!

The pertinent portion of law that applies to your question is the Coinage Act of 1965, specifically Section 31 U.S.C. 5103, entitled "Legal tender," which states: "United States coins and currency (including Federal reserve notes and circulating notes of Federal reserve banks and national banks) are legal tender for all debts, public charges, taxes, and dues."