dajonga

Garden State Shooting Center is open!!!

...and, wow, is it nice. They have leather sofas and everything!

I stopped in today for my membership card and a tour from Tony and I could not leave without buying a nicely priced Ruger Blackhawk. I was not able to shoot today, but I plan on going there at least weekly.

Seriously folks....this is a really nice shop and range.

Wow, thanks for the heads up on that!  Just looked on a map, and it looks like it's less than a half hour from my shore house.

It appears to be considerably closer than CJRPC.  I may not have to go without shooting on the weekends.

This is an indoor, 25 yard range. This is also a rifle range that allows the use of steel cased ammo. Shore Shot is a pistol range only.

Shooting .223 or 7.62 indoors is not that entertaining, but for basic sighting and function checking, being able to shoot my rifles indoors is pretty cool. Range 14 is more appropriate for rifles, but the limited hours are a major PITA for me.

I went to GSSC last night, started my membership. I had prejoined several months ago. Shot with my gun and ammo. Am thrilled that I have joined and about the new facility. Everything about it, and my experience there last night, was excellent. I liked the new ports which now have a shelf underneath for your equipment, etc. Also, the ventilation system is strong and effective. The staff (Tony, Jeff, ...) and RSO (Paul) were very attentive, friendly, and helpful.

Regards

Actually went there yesterday to christen my brand new Mark III and 10/22. I originally intended to go to Shore Shot, but decided to swing by and check. Imagine my surprise when they told me it was their first day of business.

and now, you'll never have to go back to SS ever again! 

they do that for safety of their firearms so no one pops one with a bad reload

glad to know they let you bring your own ammo.   i see the point on safety of their firearm.  but we all know its a $$$ thing when they charge $25 for a box of 9mm...  come now!

Ended up going down tonight to blow off some steam and some rounds down range.

To say the least, I was amazed by what I saw. Tj and the new owners did a great job redoing the ole place, and they did a great job creating something new from something old.

The show room is heads and tails better than the before, very bright with a lot of cabinets for handguns. They have only been open 4 days and they easily have 4 to 5 times more inventory already in stock than BA ever had.

The range was also given a great make over. The new ventilation was great, the track retrieval systems all seemed updated, and very quick, and the new ports were great.

The ports had a new "shelf" all covered with a rubberized mat material. Very classy.

I talked to many of the employees as I was the only one in the place, everyone seemed nice and knowledgable.

They said they are going to have a grand opening in a few weeks, but I say go in and see it for yourself before then!

The more ranges and shops we have in NJ the better.

Great job guys!

This is an indoor, 25 yard range. This is also a rifle range that allows the use of steel cased ammo. Shore Shot is a pistol range only.

Shooting .223 or 7.62 indoors is not that entertaining, but for basic sighting and function checking, being able to shoot my rifles indoors is pretty cool. Range 14 is more appropriate for rifles, but the limited hours are a major PITA for me.

I shot my ar and shotgun at shore shot. Had to be frangible .223 and 00buck. They would not let me shoot my Ak there. So this new place will let me shoot off some 7.62? I got it months ago and haven't shot it yet.

They allow up to 300 win mag.

No steel core ammo.

Brass, aluminum or steel case is fine.

Slug or buckshot for shotguns.

I shot my ar and shotgun at shore shot. Had to be frangible .223 and 00buck. They would not let me shoot my Ak there. So this new place will let me shoot off some 7.62? I got it months ago and haven't shot it yet.