dajonga

Garden State Shooting Center is open!!!

Went there this morning (Sunday 5/31) and was pleasantly surprised. It's clean, organized, well stocked, and spacious. The staff was friendly & knowledgeable, and the range was impeccable. Bob was a great help to me as was the RO Hugh. They treated everyone with dignity and respect regardless of gender or shooting experience. No tattooed twentysomethings leaning on the counter acting as if you are bothering them. A real classy operation. My new shooting home.

Went there this morning (Sunday 5/31) and was pleasantly surprised. It's clean, organized, well stocked, and spacious. The staff was friendly & knowledgeable, and the range was impeccable. Bob was a great help to me as was the RO Hugh. They treated everyone with dignity and respect regardless of gender or shooting experience. No tattooed twentysomethings leaning on the counter acting as if you are bothering them. A real classy operation. My new shooting home.

Thank you Ivana! We're so glad you had a good time.

I'll definitely make sure management sees this. We appreciate everyone's comments, good or bad.

I had a great experience there this weekend. Very polite and professional employees! The place is completely renovated, very clean and well lit. Thanks Rick, Brian, Keith and Fred (I think) keep up the good work. Best of luck with your new business. Looking forward to returning.

Adam

Shore Shot will accommodate rifles, once they upgrade their backstop. I met one of the guys that works there this weekend at my niece's B-day party. He was explaining their plans for better stoppage. Not that I drive down there to shoot since RTSP is 10 min from my house and 1 minute from my office. CR is 25 min away for the bigger stuff. I have no reason to travel south to shoot unless I'm going to meet up with a fellow forum member at their home range to check it out.

Shore Shot will accommodate rifles, once they upgrade their backstop. I met one of the guys that works there this weekend at my niece's B-day party. He was explaining their plans for better stoppage. Not that I drive down there to shoot since RTSP is 10 min from my house and 1 minute from my office. CR is 25 min away for the bigger stuff. I have no reason to travel south to shoot unless I'm going to meet up with a fellow forum member at their home range to check it out.

Yea, that's confirmed from multiple people as well.  From what I've heard, they are also planning on making the current shooting booths smaller to accommodate addition lanes.

I finally got to use the range last Friday. I had a great time! Clean, professional, welcoming. I've been in GSSC a few times prior (once to check it out, once to purchase my membership, and a couple times to window shop). I wasn't made to feel like I was a bother (unlike another range I checked out around the same time). Well worth the 30 minute drive. Great group of guys there. The RO was very professional and friendly. We talked about wheel guns for a while. I'm thinking tomorrow would be perfect for some Father's Day target practice.

Went there yesterday... really nice place. Range is a lot better than how it was under Phil. RO was there, and was an extremely nice guy. Shop is very nicely done; night and day compared to BA. Being the first time I went there, they had me (and girlfriend) watch a safety video. I've been shooting for years, but I really do appreciate them having everyone do it. Can't count the times I've been muzzle swept at SS or had other shooters shoot my target across lanes. And when you bring it up, you are the jerk. The video really enforced safety and being able to shoot in a comfortable environment.

But the best thing about going there was the people. The workers under BA (minus Phil, and Milton/his wife at times) were pretty much good people. The management is what destroyed BA. GSSC has great people throughout the entire business. I talked to everyone working late yesterday afternoon, and really pulled away with that they are all good people. For a range, that is what I value.

Did not look at prices for firearms, so cannot say a word about the shop. I've always used Paul in Ocean (NJ Arms), and will likely continue to as I consider him a friend... but options are great.

Huh ?

Someone sweeps you with the muzzle or decides that it is fun to shoot your target across the lanes... you ask them to stop, and they act like it was no big deal or you are a jerk due to caring about not getting shot due to another person's stupidity/lack of consideration.

That was the original reason why I left SS... years ago. Happened multiple times, and that booth where a RO was supposed to be was empty...

Sorry, but figured that was pretty clear. It followed the sentence that said as much. To clarify, it was giving an example of the crap that video likely cuts down on.

Glad you like the changes so far and hope you keep coming back.

We've worked hard to shed the BA reputation and appreciate everyone's feedback.

With that said, we've only just begun.  Management has a lot of plans to keep giving NJ the quality range they deserve.

Went there yesterday... really nice place. Range is a lot better than how it was under Phil. RO was there, and was an extremely nice guy. Shop is very nicely done; night and day compared to BA. Being the first time I went there, they had me (and girlfriend) watch a safety video. I've been shooting for years, but I really do appreciate them having everyone do it. Can't count the times I've been muzzle swept at SS or had other shooters shoot my target across lanes. And when you bring it up, you are the jerk. The video really enforced safety and being able to shoot in a comfortable environment.

But the best thing about going there was the people. The workers under BA (minus Phil, and Milton/his wife at times) were pretty much good people. The management is what destroyed BA. GSSC has great people throughout the entire business. I talked to everyone working late yesterday afternoon, and really pulled away with that they are all good people. For a range, that is what I value.

Did not look at prices for firearms, so cannot say a word about the shop. I've always used Paul in Ocean (NJ Arms), and will likely continue to as I consider him a friend... but options are great.

Finally got a chance to check it out a few days ago. Even though it's about a 45 min. ride, and farther out than the range closest to me, I'll be going to GSSC from now on. As noted above, the facilities are great, and the personnel are professional and personable. The prices I saw on the few handguns I looked at were very reasonable too. Sure wish I could find a way around that crawl through Lakewood though.

Sure wish I could find a way around that crawl through Lakewood though.

Don't drive through downtown Lakewood... only exception is from sundown Friday to sundown Saturday.

How does the rifle range work, or is it the same as the pistol range?

It is a pistol range that can handle rifles. All the same.

I was at G S S C on Friday June 12 to use the range, I was enormously impressed! The new store & range are at least a thousand times better than that old place. The range had a ventilation system that was working properly, & the target carriers were also fully functional. Both of these factors were seriously lacking at the old store. The store actually had A LOT of guns in the display cases for sale, & the shelves behind the counter were fully stocked with a very good variety of ammo. Overall, a tremendous improvement. I am definitely planning to be at G S S C on Saturday 07/11 for the Grand Opening celebration,& to buy a 1 year membership. I will be coming to use the range as often as possible with a very wide variety of pistols that I own, & am in the process of buying. Thank you & good luck with the store & range! 

I went here once since I heard the new owners took over and re-opened it (I went shooting there once under the old owners - my first time shooting with my neighbor who was from PA and although we had fun in the range, the old BA store workers were not pleasant nor was the place ran safely, as my neighbor informed me), and the guy at the counter was very nice, I explained that I am new to shooting and had my FID card but was about to submit my P2P to the township.  I let him know about what research I had done on my own (friends, online reading, youtube video's) and he showed me the two rifles I had read alot about but not seen in person, which was great.  I plan on going back here in the near future to go shooting, as well as possibly purchase my first guns.  Since this range is only 10 minutes from my house, I plan on making it my go-to range as well for shooting, as I am getting into the sport.

I was at G S S C on Friday June 12 to use the range, I was enormously impressed! The new store & range are at least a thousand times better than that old place. The range had a ventilation system that was working properly, & the target carriers were also fully functional. Both of these factors were seriously lacking at the old store. The store actually had A LOT of guns in the display cases for sale, & the shelves behind the counter were fully stocked with a very good variety of ammo. Overall, a tremendous improvement. I am definitely planning to be at G S S C on Saturday 07/11 for the Grand Opening celebration,& to buy a 1 year membership. I will be coming to use the range as often as possible with a very wide variety of pistols that I own, & am in the process of buying. Thank you & good luck with the store & range!

Good to hear ......they are doing it right & everybody loves it there !

Stopped by today for some range time. The place was packed! Was so happy to see so many different shooters. The staff was busy helping customers making rental selections out front and the two range officers constantly lending a hand. They let us overstay our range time even tho being busy which is always appreciated. Glad to have them close to home, and the vent system is great.