Ace08066

So... My buddy had an "experience" at Bellmawr PD the other day.

Hey fellers.  I don't delve into laws very much but this seemed like a bit of an over-reach by Bellmawr's finest (South jersey Bellmawr... Not north).  My buddy lives in Runnemede which I assume is serviced by Bellmawr PD since that's the municipal building he went to.  He needs to get his initial FID.

He went in and asked the receptionist for the FID application.  She told him they don't hand out applications and that he had to go online and print it out.  He asked where to find such documents online, and she told him he had to talk to the chief.  After a 20-30 minute wait, the Chief finally comes out to the lobby and started asking him 99 questions about *why* he wanted a FID.  Questions like, "Do you intend to hunt?", "What ranges do you plan to visit?" and this one, which I thought was about the biggest "None of your damn business" question I've ever heard: "How many guns do you want?".  He's a smart guy, so he answered every question with the equivalent of "None of your business", but still - What the F is that?!  After the Spanish inquisition was over, he still had to leave without an application packet.

I searched online and found the only document out of the packet I was given from Deptford PD - the cover page - to print out.  Couldn't find the fingerprinting form, couldn't find the mental health consent form.  I think they were giving him the run-around.

Anyone else have a similar experience with this PD?  Can my buddy just go pick up the packet from Deptford and drop it off to Bellmawr?  It's the same thing right, they aren't allowed to make their own forms...

He could've been asking how many guns he wanted because you need a permit to purchase each gun, which I guess the Chief was going to give him....unless that was online too?    EDIT.... I just looked at Bellmawr's site and they do have firearms paperwork on their website.

He should only need two forms:

1. FID/Permit application

http://www.njsp.org/info/pdf/firearms/sts-033.pdf

2. Consent for mental health check

http://www.njsp.org/info/pdf/firearms/sp-066.pdf

My PD gives you the fingerprinting form in person at the time you turn in the above forms.

He could've been asking how many guns he wanted because you need a permit to purchase each gun, which I guess the Chief was going to give him....unless that was online too?    EDIT.... I just looked at Bellmawr's site and they do have firearms paperwork on their website.

Nah, he already told him he only wanted the long gun permit.  He knows the difference between FID and p2p, he asked specifically for the longgun permit.  I dunno, when I went for mine I didn't get the spanish inquisition.

Yeah that one-page application was part of a full packet Deptford gave me...  I thought he needed the whole shebang at one time?