Sign in to follow this  
MartyZ

Finally got my PAP M77 perfect

I have made PAP M77 but I was never happy.  I put on the Ace stock adapter with the ace stock and sprayed it tan.  Then I replaced the ace stock with the magpul fixed carbine stock, still not happy.  Last month I sent it to backwoods for an FDE cerakote and picked it up 2 days ago, Chris did an awesome job, and today I went to oaks and picked up the Zhukov FDE handguard and a harris bipod.  After a couple of hours of cutting and grinding I finally got my M77 perfect.

20150531_205314_zpsqnhthusp.jpg20150531_205251_zpsx7ggibbg.jpg20150531_205243_zpsa9ves9ey.jpg

The best part, I didn't have to cut off the handguard retainer, I cut the aluminum chassis around the retainer.  If I ever change my mind I can put the original handguard back.  All I had to do was cut off the sling loop which is not a big deal. 

Looks great! have you shot it yet? I meant to take out the Saiga 7.62 this weekend to test accuracy with the Zhukov handguard but couldn't make it out. I'm really curious if the accuracy is affected at all with the Zhukov and Ultimak being clamped onto the barrel.