Sign in to follow this  
gleninjersey

Ruger 2 Million Gun Challenge - Who's In!?

Ruger will donate $2 to the NRA for each new Ruger firearm sold between the NRA's 2015 annual meeting & it's 2016 annual meeting. Davidson's will add a $1 for every new Ruger they sell.

http://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2015/6/3/ruger-launches-2-million-gun-challenge/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=insider&utm_campaign=0615

So what new Ruger will you be purchasing?

I don't have a 22 rifle yet. I'll be picking one in the near future. Most likely a Ruger 10/22 with a nice wood stock.

I don't have a 22 rifle yet. I'll be picking one in the near future. Most likely a Ruger 10/22 with a nice wood stock.

You can't go wrong with that.  Good shooter and a nice look.

I'm thinking about a Mini 14 sometime before too long.

Ruger will donate $2 to the NRA for each new Ruger firearm sold between the NRA's 2015 annual meeting & it's 2016 annual meeting. Davidson's will add a $1 for every new Ruger they sell.

http://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2015/6/3/ruger-launches-2-million-gun-challenge/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=insider&utm_campaign=0615

So what new Ruger will you be purchasing?

I got one of those 826c10bf24fe2f4f42fac492ef9c49c6.jpg;)

Maybe I'll get another mini 14, because 4 in the safe just isn't enough lol. I would get a Mini 30 though. I have a crap load of 7.62x39

Friend of mine is building a 10/22 with that green and black stock.  I'm too new to guns to know what the individual pieces are (aside from the stock, barrel, etc.), but he had a bunch of hardware that was anodized with the green color.  Can't wait to see it once it's done.

When was the NRA 2015 meeting?  I bought an SP101, but that was a few months ago, so it might be time for my kids to get a 10/22.  I liked the 50th anniversary one, but my oldest boy likes a traditional wood stock.

I was looking at different 10/22s and came across one called the Altamont Classic V. Very nice looking wook stock with the Ruger logo on the butt.

Little pricey for a 10/22 at close to $400 after taxes and NCIS. I'm also considering purchasing the most affordable one I can find and changing out the stock later.