mikelets456

Ex-boyfriend sought in woman's slaying while waiting for permit!

I can see it already, "our thoughts and prayers go out to the victim and to her family. That being said, New Jersey's firearms laws are prudent and considering changing them only risks more victims of gun violence if we allow firearms out in the general public. " That is what we will most likely get, if that, until we vote in those who respect the Second Amendment.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Those responsible for denying this woman her right to self defense should be tossed in a dark hole until expiration, literally speaking.

The blame lies clearly with Senator Sweeney. We let him know today how we feel in front of his home in West Deptford, NJ.

Watch it on channel 10 at 11PM tonight.

Unreal.

I sent email to Senator Dawn Marie Addiego.  I basically told her

"....prioritization is not what is needed.  PDs need to comply with the law.  The FBI can respnd in 4 hours to background checks.  Some towns..very few... complete this process in 10 to 14 days. Yet others take MONTHS.  They use the same system.  There's no legitimate explanation.  Towns choose not to comply with the law, at the expense of the citizens of our state.  A woman is dead. She didn't need to be.  We demand that our representatives fix this and hold those who choose not to comply with the law accountable."

This is absolutely on the PD in Berlin Township.  What was she supposed to do. Not go to work?  Hire personal security?   A lot of people don't make enough money to hire a guy to cut their lawn.  Yeah, the asshole killed her.  But he was aided by a police department that ignored their responsibility to service it's citizens as per the law.  They are also responsible.  Just as if a town was notified that a stop sign was stolen and they didn't bother to replace it for a month.  Then some HS kid got killed because someone went through the intersection instead of stopping.  Other than the details, it's the same.

I don't like the idea of trying to use this poor woman's death as a means to fix our asinine laws.  But the reality is, some other woman or man will be in the same situation.  It's our own lives we are trying to protect.  What the hell good is "Liberty" and "The Pursuit of Happiness" if you're dead?  There's a reason the authors put them in that order.

Unreal.

I sent email to Senator Dawn Marie Addiego.  I basically told her

"....prioritization is not what is needed.  PDs need to comply with the law.  The FBI can respnd in 4 hours to background checks.  Some towns..very few... complete this process in 10 to 14 days. Yet others take MONTHS.  They use the same system.  There's no legitimate explanation.  Towns choose not to comply with the law, at the expense of the citizens of our state.  A woman is dead. She didn't need to be.  We demand that our representatives fix this and hold those who choose not to comply with the law accountable."

This is absolutely on the PD in Berlin Township.  What was she supposed to do. Not go to work?  Hire personal security?   A lot of people don't make enough money to hire a guy to cut their lawn.  Yeah, the asshole killed her.  But he was aided by a police department that ignored their responsibility to service it's citizens as per the law.  They are also responsible.  Just as if a town was notified that a stop sign was stolen and they didn't bother to replace it for a month.  Then some HS kid got killed because someone went through the intersection instead of stopping.  Other than the details, it's the same.

I don't like the idea of trying to use this poor woman's death as a means to fix our asinine laws.  But the reality is, some other woman or man will be in the same situation.  It's our own lives we are trying to protect.  What the hell good is "Liberty" and "The Pursuit of Happiness" if you're dead?  There's a reason the authors put them in that order.

Having a coworker who knew Carol well, I have inside information about the Berlin PD and how they treated her and her situation. Such as the killer had previously shot out the window of her home! She went to the police to have him arrested

and they told her it was just a BB gun and not enough cause for arrest!!! This was from her mouth!!! I guess Berlin PD did not realize that in the PRNJ, a BB gun is a rifle!!! Same as if he shot a 30.06 at her windows!

She was scared to death of this guy (LITERALLY) and the Berlin PD knew it as she asked them for help many times and even went to their headquarters a few days before she was murdered to ask why her permit has taken 2 months!!!

When later questioned after her death, the chief said he was not aware that by NJ Statute, he was legally bound to issue within 30 days! This whole thing makes me sick and is the reason I was at Senator Steven Sweeney's house today

carrying a sign with Carol's face on it putting the blame for her death on him for the laws he passed as senate president that allowed the Berlin PD to drag their feet and let her become yet another innocent person who died at the hands

of a convicted felon because Sweeney does not trust us to carry guns for self protection!!!

If any of you who read this and care enough, understanding that the next Carol could be a member of our family or even ourselves. Please go to recallsweeney.com and join our efffort!

Having a coworker who knew Carol well, I have inside information about the Berlin PD and how they treated her and her situation. Such as the killer had previously shot out the window of her home! She went to the police to have him arrested

and they told her it was just a BB gun and not enough cause for arrest!!! This was from her mouth!!! I guess Berlin PD did not realize that in the PRNJ, a BB gun is a rifle!!! Same as if he shot a 30.06 at her windows!

She was scared to death of this guy (LITERALLY) and the Berlin PD knew it as she asked them for help many times and even went to their headquarters a few days before she was murdered to ask why her permit has taken 2 months!!!

When later questioned after her death, the chief said he was not aware that by NJ Statute, he was legally bound to issue within 30 days! This whole thing makes me sick and is the reason I was at Senator Steven Sweeney's house today

carrying a sign with Carol's face on it putting the blame for her death on him for the laws he passed as senate president that allowed the Berlin PD to drag their feet and let her become yet another innocent person who died at the hands

of a convicted felon because Sweeney does not trust us to carry guns for self protection!!!

If any of you who read this and care enough, understanding that the next Carol could be a member of our family or even ourselves. Please go to recallsweeney.com and join our efffort!

do you do farcebook? find dan roberts over there......get him in touch with those that can confirm her window previously being shot out. he;s on this like white on rice right now. needs anything/everything he can get his hands on information-wise

do you do farcebook? find dan roberts over there......get him in touch with those that can confirm her window previously being shot out. he;s on this like white on rice right now. needs anything/everything he can get his hands on information-wise

Who is Dan Roberts? I would be glad to help!

Holy crap, Dan and Shyanne were there today. We all went to dinner afterwards! I did not put 2+2 together here! Dan brought Shyanne and his younger son to the protest.

We discussed this and I will be getting back to Alex Roubian with more info. I sat across from Shyanne. She was a joy with a keen sense of humor! I did not realize that that little one is a better shot than me!

But considering the fact that I suck! That is not so hard!!!

The police chiefs email address is on their website if you want to express your opinions to him. About him probably lying about the fingerprint thing. Or about what a disgrace it is that he didn't know about a 30 day law.

I corresponded with the courier reporter he is now very clear about how the NJ system works.

About the fingerprints..... I am not defending or denying anything nor do I have any info on this case other than what I have read in the news....That being said , I am the owner of a small company with about 25 employees.... All get pre-employment screening by Sagem-Morpho (sp) and are archived on a regular basis for criminal history review...... On some occasions the fingerprints take longer than they should to come back from processing.....  Never 2 months longer but sometimes a week or 2........... I am just putting this out here as someone who uses part of this system on a regular basis.....

ME: "Sorry Mr. Police chief, but I di not know my PA LTCF was not good in NJ...."

Chief: "put your hands behind your back..."

ME: "but I did not know..."

Why is it these scum balls break the law and it's simply pushed aside as "an accident". Innocent people do it and they're in jail. Yeah, we're still free....right.

My condolences to her family and friends. It's disgusting that this may have been avoided if NJ firearm laws were more in line with the rest of country. Every politician and judge who has helped support NJ's restrictive firearms laws and "Justifiable Need" is partly responsible for her murder.

My condolences to her family and friends. It's disgusting that this may have been avoided if NJ firearm laws were more in line with the rest of country. Every politician and judge who has helped support NJ's restrictive firearms laws and "Justifiable Need" is partly responsible for her murder.

They all have blood on their hands. The articles should have all read "Felon Killed by ex girlfriend he tried to murder" but alas we morn the death of an innocent woman.

We need to take a note from the liberal playbook and not let a good tragedy go to waste. We need to organize and press Christy. Pressing the legislature is useless. If the fat man wants any chance at the White House he needs to redefine Justifiable Need to include self defence.

I wrote an email to Senator Jennifer Beck. Covered a lot of what has been said here. The gist of my email was.....

I told her that the disregard for the law by PDs has to stop. Who is next to die waiting for a permit? Who already died while waiting but no one realized they were waiting for a permit? We demand that our reps fight for our rights and hold those responsible for this accountable. It's not that only those with protective orders need to be first, we ALL need to have the PDs comply with the law and issue permit in the 30 day requirement. Senator Sweeney and the Berlin Twp PD have Carol Bowne's blood on their hands. It has to stop. Prioritizing some isn't the answer. PDs have to follow the law. She needs to help fix this.

Wondering what response her office will issue. She's a decent conservative politician. Now we'll see if she and others are more than just politicians.

I wrote an email to Senator Jennifer Beck. Covered a lot of what has been said here. The gist of my email was.....

I told her that the disregard for the law by PDs has to stop. Who is next to die waiting for a permit? Who already died while waiting but no one realized they were waiting for a permit? We demand that our reps fight for our rights and hold those responsible for this accountable. It's not that only those with protective orders need to be first, we ALL need to have the PDs comply with the law and issue permit in the 30 day requirement. Senator Sweeney and the Berlin Twp PD have Carol Bowne's blood on their hands. It has to stop. Prioritizing some isn't the answer. PDs have to follow the law. She needs to help fix this.

Wondering what response her office will issue. She's a decent conservative politician. Now we'll see if she and others are more than just politicians.

Send the same email to the entire law and public safety commity. They're the gate keepers so to speak.

one other thing that most everyone seems to be missing.....this guy was yet another that was in jail previously for this same shit, and released. i had my back worked on last night. the murderer was known by her son. her son had slept at this guys ex's parents house, armed to the teeth with her father due to his doing this shit. her and her son i think she said knew the victim. this wasn't "the dude snapped suddenly". this shit had been ongoing. he'd followed her to work, showed up at her work, smashed her windows at work, at home, and some windows in her home. there had been more than enough chance to prevent this.

Send the same email to the entire law and public safety commity. They're the gate keepers so to speak.

I'll look up who there are.  Saved the text so I'll see if I can improve it.

I sometimes see Greg Gutfeld and Dana Perino on my way home by Fox News.  I'd have no problem asking them to look into this story.  Maybe will see them or someone else before 'The Five' goes on the air.  Hit or miss thing.

Edit:

Assy Pub Safety Committee... 5 D's 3 R's

Law and Public Safety 

Mainor, Charles - Chair   

Wilson, Gilbert L. - Vice-Chair   

Danielsen, Joe   

McGuckin, Gregory P.   

Peterson, Erik    

Pinkin, Nancy J.   

Rible, David P.    

Sumter, Shavonda E.   

Senate Pub Safety Committee... 3 D's - 2 R's

Law and Public Safety 

Greenstein, Linda R. - Chair   

Barnes, Peter J. - Vice-Chair   

Bateman, Christopher   

Holzapfel, James W.   

Sacco, Nicholas J.   

"Would a gun have saved Carol Bowne?"  http://www.courierpostonline.com/story/news/local/south-jersey/2015/06/08/cameras-recorded-vicious-attack/28705853/

I can't see the text because it's probably subscriber only, but maybe someone can give us the idea?

BERLIN TWP. – A surveillance system, installed by Carol Bowne to protect against an ex-boyfriend, instead recorded the horrific attack that took her life.

According to a court record, the cameras showed her assailant, Michael Eitel, repeatedly attack the 39-year-old hairdresser in the driveway of her Berlin Township home.

The video also opened a new line of criticism of New Jersey’s gun laws.

Bowne’s slaying has drawn widespread attention, in part because her April 21 request for a gun permit — one of several steps taken to guard against Eitel — was still pending at the time of the attack.

Three state senators responded to that by proposing to prioritize permit requests by people, like Bowne, with current restraining orders.

But the video shows Bowne was attacked after she had pulled up in her driveway and walked from her vehicle to a curbside mailbox. If Bowne had obtained a gun, state law would not have allowed her to carry it loaded outside her Patton Avenue home.

According to the New Jersey State Police website, guns can be carried in a vehicle only when they are unloaded and in “a closed and fastened case, gunbox, securely tied package or locked in the trunk of the automobile.”

“The firearm should not be directly accessible from the passenger compartment of the vehicle,” the website adds.

Evan F. Nappen, a Monmouth County attorney whose firm focuses on gun law, said a permit to carry a loaded gun “would be virtually unobtainable for someone like Carol.”

“Just about every other state in the country ... has laws that allow a law-abiding citizen to get a license to carry a firearm,” Nappen said. “If New Jersey truly cared about someone like Carol, it would reform the law to allow a law-abiding citizen to carry a weapon, particularly someone who has a restraining order.”

A different view came from Rev. Bob Moore, executive director of Princeton-based Coalition for Peace Action.

He said the state’s strict laws hold down the rate of gun deaths. Nationally, only five states had fewer gun deaths per capita than New Jersey in 2013, according to a ranking by the Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation.

“There is a fundamental difference in perspective here about how much good guns can do,” Moore said. “I don’t think the more guns the better.”

According to the court record, Eitel ran up to Bowne and tried to force her into her vehicle around 10:15 p.m. Wednesday.

“When he was unable to do so, he appeared to stab Ms. Bowne repeatedly, causing her to fall to the ground,” the record said. It notes Eitel walked away from Bowne twice and returned each time to stab her repeatedly.

“After the final assault, the man kicked Ms. Bowne, took her purse and walked away,” says the record.

The document also says an unnamed witness reported arguing with Eitel in the witness’ home shortly before the slaying. “After Michael Eitel left the home, (the witness) noticed that a kitchen knife was missing,” the record says.

The record, a probable cause statement, was submitted to a judge who issued a warrant for Eitel’s arrest.

Eitel eluded police until Sunday, when he was found dead in the garage of a Berlin Township home. Authorities said Eitel hanged himself at another former girlfriend’s residence on Holly Drive, the street on which he grew up.

The report also says two neighbors made 911 calls at the time of the attack. Both identified Eitel as the attacker.

One caller reported Eitel was hitting Bowne, who had obtained a restraining order against her assailant. The other said Eitel, who was 6-foot-3 and 285 pounds, had his diminutive victim in a bear hug.

Two Berlin Township police officers who knew Eitel recognized him from the video, the report said.

Eitel previously received a five-year jail term after an incident in Laurel Springs in September 2006, when he allegedly forced another former girlfriend into her car at gunpoint. Eitel, initially charged with kidnapping, aggravated assault and other charges, eventually admitted guilt to a weapons offense under a plea bargain.