mikelets456

Ex-boyfriend sought in woman's slaying while waiting for permit!

2 things.

1) did he shoot or hang himself? they changed that part in this article.

2) this is probably only locally on fox. it needs to go national.

I missed that in the article. First I've seen saying he shot himself. But we know that's impossible. He had no firearms ID no P2P and no carry permit and couldn't pass a NICs check or buy pistol ammo. Our laws prevent all that, right?

2 things.

1) did he shoot or hang himself? they changed that part in this article.

2) this is probably only locally on fox. it needs to go national.

It's on their main website. Not regionalized. Also, it is or at least was... The most read story in the US section of their site.

Be careful how this is approached. He/they may say, ok. But only for restraining order victims or one's whose life has been threatened.Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you mean abide by the 30 day statute, they can't do that. They'd be writing conflicting laws. Or have to change the statute to say there is no timeframe.

If you mean carry... They aren't going to pass a bill that says allow inexperienced shooters to carry a handgun. We would vote for it... But they won't. They view a gun in a citizens hand as a threat to public safety. They're just not going to vote for it. They being the dems in the assy and senate.

I missed that in the article. First I've seen saying he shot himself. But we know that's impossible. He had no firearms ID no P2P and no carry permit and couldn't pass a NICs check or buy pistol ammo. Our laws prevent all that, right?

same here. even my friend whos son knew them both(actually all three of them, including the ex) said he'd hung himself.

It's on their main website. Not regionalized. Also, it is or at least was... The most read story in the US section of their site.

'No one helped her': NJ woman murdered by ex while awaiting gun permit

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/06/10/no-one-helped-her-nj-woman-murdered-by-ex-while-waiting-for-gun-permit/

"New Jersey's gun laws are among the nation's strictest, but law-abiding citizens are eligible to purchase and possess handguns after filling out forms available at their local police stations, submitting to a background check on any possible criminal history or mental health issues, giving fingerprints and paying a fee. Once those steps are taken, local police conduct a 14-point investigation and the chief is supposed to approve or deny for cause within 30 days.

Check did not return requests for comment, but gun rights advocates say it is not unusual for Garden State police chiefs to take several months to approve handgun permits for qualified applicants.

“The gun law’s intention is to be as difficult and cumbersome as possible,” Alexander Roubian, president of the New Jersey Second Amendment Society, told FoxNews.com. “They need to be repealed.

“The system is so outdated," Roubian continued. "In most states, you go to the store, get a background check, and purchase a weapon. A police chief should have no part of the process. This woman had a legitimate issue and no one helped her.”

Perry Chiaramonte is a reporter for FoxNews.com. Follow him on Twitter at @perrych

Bowne_Eitel.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

If you mean abide by the 30 day statute, they can't do that. They'd be writing conflicting laws. Or have to change the statute to say there is no timeframe.

If you mean carry... They aren't going to pass a bill that says allow inexperienced shooters to carry a handgun. We would vote for it... But they won't. They view a gun in a citizens hand as a threat to public safety. They're just not going to vote for it. They being the dems in the assy and senate.

No, the carry part. But just saying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tomorrows details for Teaneck

Listen Up freedom FIGHTERS. So far I have 10 signs in order. I am hoping to have enough for all.

This is a GO for Friday evening at 5pm. A decision has been made to hold it at the Bergen County Office for Weinberg and Puppet.
545 Cedar Lane
Teaneck, NJ 07666

For several reasons.
1: She lives in a Condo, inside of that development is private property. We can be asked to leave..this becomes an embarrassment

2: She lives far back, easily to hide from us.

3: Her office has a public sidewalk.

4: Moderate traffic near her office

5: There seems to be able parking near the office. We will publish the best places to park tomorrow evening.

6: Decent food nearby, we can stop in and have a bite after.

Please stay tuned for more details tomorrow and Friday early in case we have additional developments.

I understand that many of you will be coming from work, but if I can ask, if you can, please dress casual, but yet professional looking.

Khakis with a polo, clean and respectful. No camo, no junk looking. The media has been given a head up, some of them have showed their bias towards us even before learning the facts. THEY WILL DO THEIR BEST TO DEGRADE THE CAUSE. Lets not help them.

here are a few posters being sent to print ...See you all there and THANK YOU for RISING!!!

Connecticut tries to one-up the stupid on New Jersey

"Connecticut gun permit law prompts federal legislation"  http://finance.yahoo.com/news/connecticut-gun-permit-law-prompts-220108952.html

Connecticut's 1995 gun permit law prompts federal bill offered by state's delegation.

HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) -- Members of Connecticut's congressional delegation announced Thursday they have introduced legislation to encourage other states to develop handgun permitting programs similar to the system in Connecticut.

The proposed "Handgun Purchaser Licensing Act" would authorize a grant program at the U.S. Department of Justice. The funds would help states offset the cost of developing and implementing initiatives that require people seeking a handgun license to apply at a law enforcement agency in their state. Applicants also would have to submit to background checks and fingerprinting, prove they're at least 21 and a lawful U.S. resident, and be eligible to buy a handgun under federal law.

Connecticut has had a similar handgun licensing law since 1995.

A study released Thursday by the Johns Hopkins Center for Gun Policy and Research found that homicides committed with a firearm in Connecticut dropped 40 percent during the first 10 years the law was in place. On average, researchers found there were about 30 fewer gun-related homicides each year after the law took effect.

U.S. Sen. Chris Murphy, a Democrat, said the research shows Connecticut's law saves lives.

"Permit-to-purchase requirements for all handguns keep guns out of the hands of criminals and those who would fail a background check, and our bill would help other states develop programs similar to ours here in Connecticut," he said.

Connecticut's congressional delegation has been pushing for various gun control measures, including federally required background checks, following the 2012 mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown. While earlier proposals have been met with strong resistance, U.S. Sen. Richard Blumenthal predicted this legislation would receive bipartisan support in Congress.

"All states require licenses to drive a car or hunt or fish — so why not handguns, which can kill," Blumenthal said.

The legislation is being backed in the House by U.S. Reps. Elizabeth Esty of Connecticut and Chris Van Hollen of Maryland.

Ten states have handgun purchase licensing systems in place, said Daniel W. Webster, director of the Johns Hopkins gun research center. He said the laws vary greatly, and there have been efforts in some states to repeal the programs.

In North Carolina, a bill repealing that state's pistol-permit application system recently was sent back to a legislative committee amid mounting opposition. Proponents of the proposed repeal have called the current system "archaic and arbitrary," complaining that sheriffs in some counties place unreasonable requirements on gun purchase applicants.

Webster's gun policy center published a study last year that showed a jump in gun-related homicide rates after Missouri repealed its handgun purchaser licensing law.

"These laws are effective in deterring the diversion of guns to criminals," said Webster, adding how the systems can dissuade people from buying a gun for someone who can't legally purchase one. He said they also help to stymie impulsive gun purchases.

"There's no reason for me to believe this wouldn't be an effective policy in other states," he added.

A study released Thursday by the Johns Hopkins Center for Gun Policy and Research found that homicides committed with a firearm in Connecticut dropped 40 percent during the first 10 years the law was in place. On average, researchers found there were about 30 fewer gun-related homicides each year after the law took effect.

There are three types of lies: Lies. Damn lies, and Statistics.

Read on another forum that in the same time period referenced by the study, homicides in other states, without a permitting scheme, fell 49%.

You also have to look at who funded the study. While Johns Hopkins is a respectable university & hospital, the center referenced in the quote is funded by Bloomberg.

Stay sharp.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I totally agree, Bob.  It's always about perspective.  Reminds me of the Rorschach test.  I commented on that article about how Ms. Bowne made out with the permitting process here in NJ.

i wonder if there's been other cases such as this in this state that just never made the press that this one is.

Good question.  Most folks that I speak with are just discouraged from starting the FPID process just because of the hassle involved (time/effort, cost, etc.).  They also think that they're safe almost all of the time and that if there's a bump in the night, a call to the police will fix everything.  Most of us know better.

WELL...the reason i asked that, was 'cause just due to the numbers of these kinds of cases in this state......the odds are that there's been many of this exact situation. i dunno how to go about searching for those stats though.

Nice! Exercising the first is as important as defending the second!

When the people we elect to be "our voice" in Trenton, fail to preform their duties by making laws that "they feel" are good to them. It's our job as the people to let them know that we're not happy. Their job is to speak for all of us. Not for Bloomberg that finances their campaigns.

The founding fathers knew this, and it's why demonstrating peacefully is also our right. It's also our duty...