mikelets456

Ex-boyfriend sought in woman's slaying while waiting for permit!

A different view came from Rev. Bob Moore, executive director of Princeton-based Coalition for Peace Action.

He said the state’s strict laws hold down the rate of gun deaths. Nationally, only five states had fewer gun deaths per capita than New Jersey in 2013, according to a ranking by the Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation.

“There is a fundamental difference in perspective here about how much good guns can do,” Moore said. “I don’t think the more guns the better.”

And I don't think the more dead people the better.  What would the good reverend have done?

I wrote an email to Senator Jennifer Beck. Covered a lot of what has been said here. The gist of my email was.....

I told her that the disregard for the law by PDs has to stop. Who is next to die waiting for a permit? Who already died while waiting but no one realized they were waiting for a permit? We demand that our reps fight for our rights and hold those responsible for this accountable. It's not that only those with protective orders need to be first, we ALL need to have the PDs comply with the law and issue permit in the 30 day requirement. Senator Sweeney and the Berlin Twp PD have Carol Bowne's blood on their hands. It has to stop. Prioritizing some isn't the answer. PDs have to follow the law. She needs to help fix this.

Wondering what response her office will issue. She's a decent conservative politician. Now we'll see if she and others are more than just politicians.

An email?

Go bang on her door and demand satisfaction. Then call her office every other day looking for updates on how she is fixing it.

And I don't think the more dead people the better. What would the good reverend have done?

He stays out of Pennsylvania now, I know that much.

"Go back to Jersey!"

"And blow the bridges when you get there!"

Posted: Monday, April 22, 2013 6:00 am

On March 30, I was present at a rally of about 200 people at the Bucks County Courthouse in Doylestown in support

of more effective gun laws. The event lasted one hour and the speakers were clear in stating our goals.

Also present was a smaller pro-gun crowd, which heckled every speaker. One of them was carrying what looked like

an assault rifle. I saw him as I was crossing East Court Street after the rally ended. I asked a policeman on the curb

why anyone would be allowed to carry such a weapon openly "in public near a political rally." The answer was, "It's

legal; this is Pennsylvania."

http://www.buckscountycouriertimes.com/opinion/letters/gun-supporters-t..

It was so much fun. She's full of crap, though, they were outnumbered about 200 to 50.

As for Bob Moore, he is a LIAR. The man has no honor and not a single word of truth comes out of his mouth. He will lie about what he said the day before and he will lie about what he plans to say tomorrow. I have 1000x more respect for Al Sharpton, no comparison.

Funny story.

Do you have specific examples of Rev. Moore's lies?

We are talking years ago. One of my friends was confronting him that day on why he wanted to ban "assault weapons" and CC. On his website that day they wanted this, there was video of him wanting this, and he said he never wanted it. All he wanted was 10 round magazines and background checks. He says whatever the heck he wants. Like I said, he's just your problem now. If you want more recent examples, give him a call. He'll lie to you for sure, and it will be easy to verify :)

An email?

Go bang on her door and demand satisfaction. Then call her office every other day looking for updates on how she is fixing it.

I'd like to but with the commitments I have, it ain't in the cards right now.  The banging on the door part.  But I can call her and possibly others.

Also, email is better.  It's a written record they can't ignore.  Banging on her door may feel better, but it's less effective.  Unless there's a 100 of you.

Also, email is better.  It's a written record they can't ignore.  Banging on her door may feel better, but it's less effective.  Unless there's a 100 of you.

You are completely wrong. 100% backwards. Visit>letter>/=phone call>email. I know you won't listen to me so you better talk to somebody you will listen to that knows what they are talking about.

Your email gets a single vertical line on a piece of paper. It's extremely rare anybody will care what you wrote. A staffer looks and says, "OK, pro gun. Check." Did you discuss a bill? No. So, Staffer looks and says, "OK, no bill to put a tick mark next to."

It's just short of worthless.

If you personally engage your reps or their staffers and hold them accountable to get you answers, and build a relationship with them (positive or adversarial) you get heard.

Your "written record" doesn't even get laughed at most of the time.

Now, if you do have them directly communicating with you, sincerely, back and forth, then email or mail can be a way to document it, of course.

I have a problem with comments like "the state’s strict laws hold down the rate of gun deaths. Nationally, only five states had fewer gun deaths per capita than New Jersey in 2013"

Initially it sounds logical and valid. In reality it doesn't tell you much of anything. It doesn't tell you how many of those gun related deaths were suicide, justifiable homicide (cop or citizen using gun fof legal self defense) or criminal homicide.

If I said State A had 1,000 gun related deaths per capita while State B, with it's very restrictive gun laws, only had 400 it would appear the restritive gun laws work. BUT if I include that 950 of State A guns deaths that a few were due to suicides and most were actually justifiable homicide and only 50 were criminal homicides while ALL of State B's gun deaths were criminal homicide it completly changes the narrative. Now it shows that allowing CCW and less restritive gun laws SAVE lives.

Of course my example is an oversimplification. But so is what the good Reverend is saying.

What's sad / scarey is that many will read the Reverend's oversimplification and believe it.

Another question I would have is which were the other 5 states with lower "gun deaths" and what are their gun laws like.

A counter to his misleading statement is, "In the 5 states with less gun deaths than NJ,how many people sucessfully stopped a crime from occurying by legally using (brandishing or actually firing)a gun. How many crimes were stopped in NJ in the same manner?"

Glenn be careful about your analogy. If that many gun owners commit suicide then its apparent gun control should be looked at. Or the water theyre drinking in that state. But i get the jist of what your comparing. Its unfortunate for carol but this murder is bringing alot of attention to our state and anti constitutional gun laws. Its the hot topic on nj 101.5 for the last few days. And nationally.

Glenn be careful about your analogy. If that many gun owners commit suicide then its apparent gun control should be looked at. Or the water theyre drinking in that state. But i get the jist of what your comparing. Its unfortunate for carol but this murder is bringing alot of attention to our state and anti constitutional gun laws. Its the hot topic on nj 101.5 for the last few days. And nationally.

Got 'cha.  I changed it a bit and I'm obviously exaggerating but the point is that sometimes people need to think a little more deeply about the "numbers" coming from "experts" a little bit.

The anti gun folks are now saying we were wrong to protest at Sweeney's house. They are saying we are using Carol's death to further our agenda!

Of course they're going to say that. Just like they use Columbine, Arora, and Newtown to further their agenda.

Its unfortunate for carol but this murder is bringing alot of attention to our state and anti constitutional gun laws. Its the hot topic on nj 101.5 for the last few days. And nationally.

I listened to the 6PM hour tonight and not many facts were discussed save the NJ2AS president who got on late in the hour. This is a shame... A shame on the broken system that prevented a law-abiding citizen from exercising their inherent human right of self defense. The restraining order didn't work. The security / camera system only worked to document the murder of an innocent human. She didn't stand a chance and all of those who argue otherwise are in the wrong. Why can't a law-abiding citizen have to ask the state to allow them to exercise their human right to defend themselves from harm? It's a natural reaction, just like sneezing.

The anti gun folks are now saying we were wrong to protest at Sweeney's house. They are saying we are using Carol's death to further our agenda!

Yes.  We are.  And our agenda is to saves lives.  Though it's too late for Carol Bowne.  It's not too late for who might be next.

So they can go *#^ &* themselves.  To put it politely.

And what Anti Gun slime is saying this Johnny?

You are completely wrong. 100% backwards. Visit>letter>/=phone call>email. I know you won't listen to me so you better talk to somebody you will listen to that knows what they are talking about.

Your email gets a single vertical line on a piece of paper. It's extremely rare anybody will care what you wrote. A staffer looks and says, "OK, pro gun. Check." Did you discuss a bill? No. So, Staffer looks and says, "OK, no bill to put a tick mark next to."

It's just short of worthless.

If you personally engage your reps or their staffers and hold them accountable to get you answers, and build a relationship with them (positive or adversarial) you get heard.

Your "written record" doesn't even get laughed at most of the time.

Now, if you do have them directly communicating with you, sincerely, back and forth, then email or mail can be a way to document it, of course.

State Senators will write back.  I'm not 100% wrong.  Though a letter is probably better than an email.  Short of requesting a meeting, how are you going to corner your legislator?

And actually I did discuss a bill. The one she just co-sponsored.

Another question I would have is which were the other 5 states with lower "gun deaths" and what are their gun laws like.

I'd be willing to bet Vermont is one of them..........

He conveniently doesn't mention them because probably at least 3 of the 5 have shall issue CCW (or no permit required).