DeerSlayer

Talk of federal government ending gun blogs, magazines, and online discussion about guns

I normally don't post up links to news articles, but this one really disturbed me today. It just seems like a total assault on 1st amendment rights, to attempt to enact something like this. I don't see how this could even be remotely constitutional. Here's the article link.

http://m.washingtonexaminer.com/nra-gun-blogs-videos-web-forums-threatened-by-new-obama-regulation/article/2565762

Am I crazy or do I recall something about the United Nations having the final say on gun rights in the U.S.A.??

some people in the govt(antis) think that the un has this say. they think that the president(i use that title very loosley) makes it law. but the senate has to ratify it for it to have any teeth. and even the dumbocrats wouldn't do that. yet.

"Enable TLS on this site" ?

Transport Layer Security also known as SSL?    Seen commonly as HTTPS in the URL.

This would only stop government snooping at the packet level, which they are most definitely doing.  You only need a 250 acre facility in Utah if you are scarfing up every bit that flows on the internet, everywhere.   That said since the entire site isn't behind a subscription wall, government spiders can crawl here and capture whatever they'd like.

some people in the govt(antis) think that the un has this say. they think that the president(i use that title very loosley) makes it law. but the senate has to ratify it for it to have any teeth. and even the dumbocrats wouldn't do that. yet.

And even if a treaty is ratified, it had no power if it conflicts with the Constitution. At least in a world where government abides by the law.

The President can enter into just about any agreement he wants on his own accord and it will have all the teeth of any treaty or agreement. He just can't ratify it as bilaterally binding.

Talk of federal government ending gun blogs, magazines, and online discussion about guns

(Tin foil hat on).

I wonder if Bloomberg (and company) could also be behind this. If he can silence pro-gun sites, organizations and magazines. Then how would we know when some anti-gun legislation would take place? How could we effectively counter anti-gun legislation? 

(Tin foil hat off)

Now back to regularly scheduled commentary (subject to ITAR regulations)......

The NRA using scare tactics to get donations

The NRA is telling a half truth. Itar regs wouldn't apply to political speech, but they would apply to any technical discussion if they succeed in declaring on line publication as export.

My first response would be to see how that works if you restrict to us addresses based on ip addresses. Of course vpns break that, but that would be like saying libraries can't have any gunsmithing books because foreign visitors might look at them while visiting.